Next Premier League(!) manager to get the sack

Ishmael

If Pardew leaves it won't be due to football reasons but because of a breakdown in the relationship between him and the board. Same as Hughton really. And Keegan.

If Pardew is doing his arse licking and meeting the job criteria Ashley set out i don't think it will matter if results on the pitch aren't working out.

Guest BooBoo

I agree with Queerside for once.

Lose the first two games and Pardew will be at the bottom of a very dark hole, for which he'll do well to escape from. He's on thin ice with a hell of lot of supporters and a derby defeat will go down like a pork pie at a bar mitzvah.

I agree with Queerside for once.

Lose the first two games and Pardew will be at the bottom of a very dark hole, for which he'll do well to escape from. He's on thin ice with a hell of lot of supporters and a derby defeat will go down like a pork pie at a bar mitzvah.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lose the derby and both Bruce and Pardew will be under a bit of pressure from the fans. Still 36 games to go for whoever it is and loads of time to pull it round but the pressure will be on the loser.

Maybe not enough to lose them their job like...

Guest BooBoo

If we do lose the first two games, there'll be little rational thought going on around here. The board will go into meltdown. :lol:

I get the feeling that a lot of fans are feeling conned that this summer we have yet again, been tediously lied to and investment in the squad has been minimal. A trio of the core of the squad- Nolan, Enrique and Barton have been dicked around to the extent that it's likely that the latter two will join the former out of the door.

Pardew is a man quite simply, in need of a few big signings. Sounds daft, but I'm sure a new striker and a new left back would ease a lot of frayed nerves. Start the season with the squad as it is and start poorly and its simply a powderkeg waiting to happen. We've seen this so many times before.

Guest BooBoo

There should be no emphasis on anybody two(!) games into the season for fucks sake.

Shouldn't be. But there will be.

It wont just be the results that people will be pissed off about though (if it does happen). It'll be two bad results coupled with key players leaving, lack of investment and being fed a pack of lies again. The bigger picture would be far more damning than one or two bad results.

There should be no emphasis on anybody two(!) games into the season for f***s sake.

Utterly ridiculous, but I see it. 

Should invite anyone who wants Pards out by that point to a 'protest' at SJP.  However, this 'protest' will actually be a mass culling...

If we lose to Sunderland the emphasis will be on the board, not Pardew.

It will be more so but a lot of people see Pardew (rightly or wrongly) as merely an extension of the board.

If we do lose the first two games, there'll be little rational thought going on around here. The board will go into meltdown. :lol:

I get the feeling that a lot of fans are feeling conned that this summer we have yet again, been tediously lied to and investment in the squad has been minimal. A trio of the core of the squad- Nolan, Enrique and Barton have been dicked around to the extent that it's likely that the latter two will join the former out of the door.

Pardew is a man quite simply, in need of a few big signings. Sounds daft, but I'm sure a new striker and a new left back would ease a lot of frayed nerves. Start the season with the squad as it is and start poorly and its simply a powderkeg waiting to happen. We've seen this so many times before.

Totally agree with this. I wouldn't blame fans for being fucked off if we lose our first two games and look to have no/little quality, grit and determination. The board would and should be heavily criticised.

There should be no emphasis on anybody two(!) games into the season for fucks sake.

It wont just be the results that people will be pissed off about though (if it does happen). It'll be two bad results coupled with key players leaving, lack of investment and being fed a pack of lies again. The bigger picture would be far more damning than one or two bad results.

Yep. :nods:

Losing to Sunderland is huge for a Newcastle boss. I'm 35 and only experienced 6 losses in that time. It's a big thing. 

Maybe give them a little more time than 2 games, eh?

The managers, yeah. I wouldn't forgive the board for yet another experience of them letting me down though. Not unless we finished in a better position than last season.

Guest BooBoo

Yep. :nods:

Losing to Sunderland is huge for a Newcastle boss. I'm 35 and only experienced 6 losses in that time. It's a big thing. 

It was the last straw for Gullit and any small goodwill Kinnear built up was immediately wiped away by losing at the SOL. Only Bobby in recent times has rolled with a mackem defeat and even he was very heavily criticised at the time for the defeat at SJP.

Seriously though, if Pardew loses at Sunderland, I dont think he'll ever get the fans back on side.

That's absolute madness though. One defeat after a very respectable most-of-season in charge last year? No wonder people think Newcastle fans are unrealistic.

Seriously though, if Pardew loses at Sunderland, I dont think he'll ever get the fans back on side.

That's absolute madness though. One defeat after a very respectable most-of-season in charge last year? No wonder people think Newcastle fans are unrealistic.

He's right though (Otter).

He's right though (Otter).

Well we'll see, but absolutely crazy if true. In my experience if he wins two out of the following three he'll be fine.