Next Premier League(!) manager to get the sack

Ishmael

Seriously though, if Pardew loses at Sunderland, I dont think he'll ever get the fans back on side.

That's absolute madness though. One defeat after a very respectable most-of-season in charge last year? No wonder people think Newcastle fans are unrealistic.

Unrealistic not to lose to sunderland, where they've beaten us once in, what, 30 years?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Seriously though, if Pardew loses at Sunderland, I dont think he'll ever get the fans back on side.

That's absolute madness though. One defeat after a very respectable most-of-season in charge last year? No wonder people think Newcastle fans are unrealistic.

He's right though (Otter).

Well we'll see, but absolutely crazy if true. In my experience if he wins two out of the following three he'll be fine.

The way I see it, if we're happy being mediocre then the only thing near as good as staying up is defeating our local rivals on their turf. Similarly, the only thing near as bad as relegation would be to lose to these cunts twice this season. Therefore, the games vs Sunderland are vital to Pardew and the boards credibility.

Unrealistic not to lose to sunderland, where they've beaten us once in, what, 30 years?

Are you deliberately missing the point or what?

I'm not saying we shouldn't beat them, obviously we should. What I'm saying is that Pardew shouldn't come under pressure if we lose. It's the second game of the season FFS.

Unless it's by some moronic tactical decision ala West Brom last season, if we lose to the mackems the blame should not fall on Pardew and none of the fans should turn on him.

His promises of the £35m getting spent on transfers was not upheld and we've had to rely on strengthening the squad on the bare minimum.  Now our best player is injured again we need it even more, but still nothing.

I'm not saying we shouldn't beat them, obviously we should. What I'm saying is that Pardew shouldn't come under pressure if we lose. It's the second game of the season FFS.

If he loses against opposition that his predecessor gave the arse-kicking of a lifetime less than a year ago, then of course he should be under pressure!

You're the one who's convinced that we've got a better squad now than then, with that in mind, how is there any excuse in the world for losing that match?

If he loses against opposition that his predecessor gave the arse-kicking of a lifetime less than a year ago, then of course he should be under pressure!

You're the one who's convinced that we've got a better squad now than then, with that in mind, how is there any excuse in the world for losing that match?

Mate, you're just making yourself look more moronic here.

To say a manager should come under pressure after one defeat in the second game of a new season is absolute lunacy, no matter what the squad is like or who the opposition is.

(BTW, I don't know if we have a better squad now than then. I've never said that, I just think we've made some decent signings and I hope we have.)

It depends on the manner and size of the defeat. If we're beaten in the last minute by a goal that's eight-yards offside and handballed in, I think it'll be easier for Pardew to cope with than an 8-0 defeat with three red cards and a Lee Cattermole double-hattrick.