La Liga

Village Idiot

ha!  i see cronaldo broke a record yesterday that messi will be forever unable to better, good for him :thup:

It helps that Ronaldo joined Real for a world record fee, and not a kid coming through the ranks.

He won't be forever unable to better it, all he has to do is sign for Real to be able to better it.

Obviously never going to happen, but you get my point.

ha!  i see cronaldo broke a record yesterday that messi will be forever unable to better, good for him :thup:

It helps that Ronaldo joined Real for a world record fee, and not a kid coming through the ranks.

He won't be forever unable to better it, all he has to do is sign for Real to be able to better it.

I thought the record was 100 La Liga goals in the quickest time.

I thought the record was 100 La Liga goals in the quickest time.

Thought it was 100 for Real. Apologies if I'm wrong. Sure Messi will give a shit mind, the amount of records he's notching up on a weekly basis. Looking for his 50th in the CL tomorrow night against Meelan.

VI, hows Coutinho doing? Saw he scored again during the weekend. Was always fun to watch him at Inter but had absolutely no control over his finishing, worse than Martins. Did everything except putting the ball in the back of the net.

VI, hows Coutinho doing? Saw he scored again during the weekend. Was always fun to watch him at Inter but had absolutely no control over his finishing, worse than Martins. Did everything except putting the ball in the back of the net.

He's been ripping up trees since he arrived there, and is currently the main catalyst of Espanyol's attacking play. Everybody in Spain is wondering how Inter let him go given how s*** they are. He looks really really good and his finishing looks alright for an attacking midfielder. He has 4 in 9, in a team that was pretty dire going forward before he joined.

Guest NufcBano

If you're a fan of Athletic Bilbao, then this may interest you.

They go to the Nou Camp this evening and on Betfair are a massive 23/1...thats 23/1!

Worth a couple of quid of anyone's money. Shud be a good game.

Also, if you think Villa will turn this around at home v Chelsea, they are 20/1. But I'm not confident in this.

I shud work for Betfair......

Guest neesy111

Bilbao only played two days ago, they'll definitely be knackered.  Why wasn't this game moved to Sunday? 

Barca play on tuesday.

Bilbao only played two days ago, they'll definitely be knackered.  Why wasn't this game moved to Sunday? 

Barca play on tuesday.

Forgot about that

Big team bias!

Barca having to play three games in seven days then. Bad for both teams in fairness.

Barca play on tuesday.

Forgot about that

Big team bias!

UEFA rule says that a stadium hosting a CL fixture can't be used during the two days prior.

They should just have scheduled the second leg on Wednesday, but that would have made too much sense.

Barca play on tuesday.

Forgot about that

Big team bias!

UEFA rule says that a stadium hosting a CL fixture can't be used during the two days prior.

They should just have scheduled the second leg on Wednesday, but that would have made too much sense.

That settles it then, didn't know that.

• 2 weeks later...

The similarities with Mourinho's season in 2010 with Inter and the current one are getting clearer and clearer.

Same happened with Inter in that season - they drew and lost some games and the gap got smaller and smaller and they couldn't win the league until the very last day of the season.

Doubt that they'll lose out to Barca.

Went to the UD Las Palmas match at the weekend against Numancia in the Segunda Division. Loved it, great atmosphere even though half the stadium was empty. The ultra's behind the goal made so much noise, was only about 250 of them as well. Definitely want to go to another game in Spain  :smug:

Those first two goals by Ronaldo tonight were insanely good. It's crazy how good a player he is yet there's still someone better.

Messi is the better player but Ronaldo is the more well rounded. How many headers and freekicks have Messi scored? Runs away from thread before all hell breaks lose  :lol:

Those first two goals by Ronaldo tonight were insanely good. It's crazy how good a player he is yet there's still someone better.

Messi is the better player but Ronaldo is the more well rounded. How many headers and freekicks have Messi scored? Runs away from thread before all hell breaks lose  :lol:

...but then Ronaldo can't pick out the kind of passes that Messi can, when he drops deep.

...but then Ronaldo can't pick out the kind of passes that Messi can, when he drops deep.

Also the headers and free kick thing is BS, how many headers has Ronaldo scored in the last year? like 1 ?  :lol:

And it took him about 7809056888 attempts to score 1 free kick  :lol: