Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

People are just frustrated because of how the summer has gone, and I don't think you can blame them.

The money should have been there, no reason why we couldn't have signed a player or two like N'Zogbia and really built a formidable team for ourselves. Yet instead we've gone for cheap deals on players with massive question marks over them. Cabaye is the only addition we've made that I'm in any way confident about and impressed by.

Obertan as a squad signing certainly isn't a bad move, but moves like this one seem to be the height of our ambition, and that's very disappointing.

Why? Can we draw no positives? If Sunderland had signed the players we have I think there'd be envious eyes cast by our fans.

Most people would laugh at them for picking up injury prone players on the cheap I reckon.

Sure you can draw some positives and I hope that Marveaux, Ba and Obertan do great here, but it's been pretty much spelled out for us this summer that we're a selling club now and that's a disappointment in my book.

People are just frustrated because of how the summer has gone, and I don't think you can blame them.

The money should have been there, no reason why we couldn't have signed a player or two like N'Zogbia and really built a formidable team for ourselves. Yet instead we've gone for cheap deals on players with massive question marks over them. Cabaye is the only addition we've made that I'm in any way confident about and impressed by.

Obertan as a squad signing certainly isn't a bad move, but moves like this one seem to be the height of our ambition, and that's very disappointing.

I'm impressed by the signing of Ba and Cabaye, keen to see what Marveux can do, hopeful that Abeid can develop into a good player and unsure on Obertan.  No need for the above post in this thread.

As opposed to the hundreds of absolutely essential posts that came before it? :lol:

I'm impressed by the signing of Ba and Cabaye, keen to see what Marveux can do, hopeful that Abeid can develop into a good player and unsure on Obertan.  No need for the above post in this thread.

As opposed to the hundreds of absolutely essential posts that came before it? :lol:

Being the latest one posted it was at the bottom of the thread as I read it.  Sorry but I haven't got the time to comment on eaach individual post.  Yours did strike me as being unneceassarily negative though

Being the latest one posted it was at the bottom of the thread as I read it.  Sorry but I haven't got the time to comment on eaach individual post.  Yours did strike me as being unneceassarily negative though

I was responding to the post before mine.

I sometimes do that, I'm zany that way.

Well mine was class for starters. He's probably just judging you against that standard. Don't worry about it.

Then quoting is customary - especially when your post is on a new page and is depressing dirge

Then quoting is customary - especially when your post is on a new page and is depressing dirge

OK then. :lol:

One will see fit to observe proper forum etiquette henceforth, so as not to confuse the intellectually bereft members of the forum.

Generally I'd argue the merits of my post with you but I have a party to go to and you seem about as interesting as a bag of hair so another time maybe. :thup:

OK then. :lol:

One will see fit to observe proper forum etiquette henceforth, so as not to confuse the intellectually bereft members of the forum.

Generally I'd argue the merits of my post with you but I have a party to go to and you seem about as interesting as a bag of hair so another time maybe. :thup:

Fair do's

A massive improvement on Lovenkrands, in other words.

Lovenkrands is a left footed striker, Obertan is a right winger as far as I can see.

So we're in agreement that Obertan is more suited to the RW role? :lol:

If we're going to play 4-3-3, the arrivals of Obertan and Marveaux push Loven further down the pecking order. I like that. I like it a lot.

I don't recall Loven ever playing on the right wing. The two look like completely different players so I don't really understand the comparison.

4-4-1-1 with Vuckic just off Best, Lovenkrands RW #nufc

:troll:

A massive improvement on Lovenkrands, in other words.

Lovenkrands is a left footed striker, Obertan is a right winger as far as I can see.

So we're in agreement that Obertan is more suited to the RW role? :lol:

If we're going to play 4-3-3, the arrivals of Obertan and Marveaux push Loven further down the pecking order. I like that. I like it a lot.

I don't recall Loven ever playing on the right wing. The two look like completely different players so I don't really understand the comparison.

4-4-1-1 with Vuckic just off Best, Lovenkrands RW #nufc

:troll:

Should change some opinions in here :lol: