Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

"Gabriel Obertan Ready For 2011/2012" - could be an interesting search to put into a well-known video site for those prone to excitement like myself.

"welcome 2 the toon!11!

A guy called BOOKPRODUCTIONS7 on a certain popular video-sharing site has a ton of Obertan videos for anyone who's interested. Have to say, I feel a lot more confident about this signing after watching a few vids. His performance against the England U21s was particularly decent, even got himself a goal.

Guest bimpy474

Well i think this lads is ok, the fact he looks like Michael Berryman is by the by, he has pace and skill, he needs consistancy, hopefully that'll come with more playing time.

We could certainly do a lot worse. While it's not exactly a blockbuster singing, let's give the guy a chance. He should have a bit of a point to prove which should  see him giving his best for us.

Good luck to the fella :thup:

Was probably a bit harsh on him yesterday, but he's only young and if he's as quick as people say then it could be a much welcomed addition.

Hope he and Vuckic's emergence is not an excuse to not buy another striker though.

Just spent the last hour watching vids. Serious upgrade on Routledge and offers more as a RW than :joey: - though as a RM probably not.

Has a tendency to run out of ideas but that may be a confidence issue and which footballer doesn't fuck up from time to time. I've watched Messi a few times and wondered what the hell everyone else saw in him. On his day of course he's unplayable.

Obertan is a great addition to the squad and should fit in and adapt well with all the other French players here.

I'd put him on the team sheet ahead of Lovenkrands or Routledge, (realise he's gone), without a moments indecision. :thup:

edit: to qualify that was Loven as a fwd, not a RW. Obertan is clearly versatile. Another plus.

Signing simpson did no harm :)

Reading redcafe, seems they admit he's not going to be up to their standards, but will probably do well here. Pace is his main attribute, but has mental weakness.

Sounds like Routledge.