Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Wouldn't call it a blessing in disguise as such. Shame as he seemed to be winning people over the past few games. But it's just lucky we've got Marveaux to call on. Unless Pardew's going to make more changes, it won't be Barfa. He's not going to go back on the 'not a winger' statement already. Look forward to seeing Marveaux given a full chance. :D

Guest Haris Vuckic
But it's just lucky we've got Marveaux to call on.

It's not lucky - it's part of a contingency plan - it's just that we are that used to having zero depth in practically every department.  ;D

my biggest concern is pardew will play lovenkrands instead of hatem and marveax.

i wouldn't put it past him.  :dowie:

What over the last month would make you come to that conclusion? :lol:

well he brought perch on didnt he last match?

plus lovens have been making comments just a day ago about wanting to leave and stalling on contract talk, and today pardew said lovens is definitely not allowed to leave on loan and he loves players like lovenkrands here.

so yeh it all adds up,  pards gives lovens a start to keep him happy.  :knuppel2:

Guest Roger Kint

On what planet is that logic? Pardew starts a player he didnt even think warranted a place on the bench in the previous two games just to keep him happy? Bloody hell  ;D

On what planet is that logic? Pardew starts a player he didnt even think warranted a place on the bench in the previous two games just to keep him happy? Bloody hell  ;D

it has nothing to do with logic

does perch warrants a place on the bench?

i know the possibility of lovens starting may hurt you.  but truth hurts.

:lol: Fucking Perch as an example. Who else was there on the bench who could 'shore up' the midfield in a safety first swap for Yocabs? How that is in any way comparable to putting Loven on over Marv and Barfa is beyond me.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What a crap time to get injured, just after his best performance for us and just as other players come back from injury and regain their fitness.

Guest Roger Kint

Did you suffer a severe concussion while logging in or are you really saying this rubbish? Comparing the Perch/Loven situation was daft enough but to bring in some notion of actual hurt to me? WTF are you on seriously?

:lol: f***ing Perch as an example. Who else was there on the bench who could 'shore up' the midfield in a safety first swap for Yocabs? How that is in any way comparable to putting Loven on over Marv and Barfa is beyond me.

we're not the manager are we?  how many times in how many years have our retarded managers in past done things we don't agree with? 

im just giving  you real possibilties on what may happen.  i personally would prefer marveax there.

Did you suffer a severe concussion while logging in or are you really saying this rubbish? Comparing the Perch/Loven situation was daft enough but to bring in some notion of actual hurt to me? WTF are you on seriously?

you mad  :facepalm:

:lol: f***ing Perch as an example. Who else was there on the bench who could 'shore up' the midfield in a safety first swap for Yocabs? How that is in any way comparable to putting Loven on over Marv and Barfa is beyond me.

Wasn't an example as such. More tongue in cheek. But when Perch comes on for Cabaye - a lot is possible.

Guest Roger Kint

After your posts on this subject you have the nerve to use a facepalm at someone using rational thinking? Dear God, yes i am mad, the whole world is mad outside of your special little corner apparently ;D

we're not the manager are we?  how many times in how many years have our retarded managers in past done things we don't agree with? 

im just giving  you real possibilties on what may happen.  i personally would prefer marveax there.

Ah sweet, if we're just going off 'managers make weird decisions sometimes', I'm shooting for Harper to get recalled and he's going to replace Barfa at CB at half time.

Blessing in disguise.

Yeah i am always relieved when a player gets injured coming out of a good performance. One less player in a small squad with 4 tough games in the next month? Get the fuck in!!!!!!

We're short in certain areas but right wing isn't one of them, and its only a very short term injury.  Calling it a blessing in disguise does seem harsh, but it might not be that far from the truth IMO.  Its not like we're going to be without Obertan for ages, just long enough to give two very talented players a little chance in the side.

After your posts on this subject you have the nerve to use a facepalm at someone using rational thinking? Dear God, yes i am mad, the whole world is mad outside of your special little corner apparently ;D

im only here to debate and to talk about knowledgeable footballing discussions ,  you're the only one thats getting emotional about this.  calm down.  :huff: