Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I don't share the general desperation to see HBA, Marveaux and Santon flung into the fray. If Pardew doesn't think they're ready, or wants to keep something in reserve, then that's fine by me. It's not like the side he's been putting out has done badly. Having a bit of quality on the bench allows us to move up a gear at some point.

:nods:

It's been said before but in Pards we trust.

Not really, tbh.

Well, to put it in its more formal phrasing - I trust to Pardew's judgement to make the right call.

But this. :thup:

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone else see that little flick he did at the right side of the pitch today? Never saw that comming tbh. Gabby's confidence is growing!

Couldn't believe it, he looked lost at other times on the ball then comes up with that. He has so much pace he should just rape the left back at every opportunity

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Twas a 'Rabona' wasn't it? Where you kick with your leg going behind the other. Brilliant piece of play.

Did this kind of thing all the time in France.

Confidence!

First, awesome and I like him very much. he is so important to our team.

second, That so many people don´t appreciate that is for me really sad and something I can´t understand. but I like him. in the first half he was easily top 3 as best performer in our team.

don´t understand the slaughter he´s get. bet then again it´s normal.

Sammy, Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote etc can´t be bad.

Raylor, Obertan, Lovet, Perch, Shola etc is always bad.

I understand that. it is a different in ability. but always have these opinion no matter what is freaking annoying.

that some people would rather play sammy than obertan is beyond me. he was one of the reason we where much better to day and you could only see the different in the performance when the sub came.

Guest palnese

Thought he had a lively first half. Caused Evra problems all the time.

Didn't do anything for the first 15mins of the second half and was subbed.

Did enough to earn a start against Chelsea. Not that we've got an awful lot to choose from.

Did enough to earn a start against Chelsea. Not that we've got an awful lot to choose from.

Agree with this.

Was ok today but I'm disappointed with his tricks. Just seems to do nice stuff with the ball but really has no plan when he takes the defender and on which side. Usually after all his moves just flicks it to his right without gaining any space.

This.

Guest Dontooner

whoever that doesnt rate him in the team doesnt understand football, whoever that doesnt rate him as a individual player..which is times frustrating to watch does