Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Shame as he seems a bit of a confidence player and it seems like he was finding his form.

Fantastic opportunity for Marveaux and HBA though.

As others have said it could be a blessing in disguise.

Would miss the two Manchester games, which is probably a good thing as Marveaux seems more comfortbale on the ball and wouldn't surrender possession so cheaply.

That said, he's just coming off the back of his best game for us and did really well with that counter attacking role, perhaps could have been deployed in a similar role against City and Man U.

If he didn't wear those hi-vis slippers and got himself some proper boots I bet he wouldn't have got this injury!  Should only miss 3-4 games though, not theend of the world.  Although he seems a confidence player, so that might affect him.

Guest Roger Kint

Blessing in disguise.

Yeah i am always relieved when a player gets injured coming out of a good performance. One less player in a small squad with 4 tough games in the next month? Get the fuck in!!!!!!

Blessing in disguise.

Yeah i am always relieved when a player gets injured coming out of a good performance. One less player in a small squad with 4 tough games in the next month? Get the f*** in!!!!!!

More of a blessing in disguise for the Everton game though. Think he is more suited to away games.

Guest Roger Kint

Blessing in disguise.

Yeah i am always relieved when a player gets injured coming out of a good performance. One less player in a small squad with 4 tough games in the next month? Get the f*** in!!!!!!

More of a blessing in disguise for the Everton game though. Think he is more suited to away games.

Its still not though, Marveaux/HBA starting leaves one less experienced player to come on if needed.

Blessing in disguise.

Yeah i am always relieved when a player gets injured coming out of a good performance. One less player in a small squad with 4 tough games in the next month? Get the fuck in!!!!!!

To be fair, he has been poor in other games whereas players like Marveaux have looked good. Its a good opportunity to give Marveaux some game time.

Guest Roger Kint

Blessing in disguise.

To be fair, he has been poor in other games whereas players like Marveaux have looked good. Its a good opportunity to give Marveaux some game time.

Maybe but its sometimes easier to come on as player as other tire rather than from the start. Plus he has rarely had a consistent run of games in years, he has shown signs that he can be a good player despite being largely poor as well.

Guest Roger Kint

My only concern is Marveaux's fitness issues.  Would be pretty shit luck though if he got crocked during this 3-4 week spell.  We would still have Ben Arfa to play wide right anyway, oh and Guthrie and Lovenkrands  :bluestar:

Exactly. But no its clearly a good thing.......