Scotty Parker

Baggio

I knew you'd pick up on the goal threat part, I was going to delete that. :lol:

It was just another part of the Butt/Parker comparison that I think Parker has the edge on, even though it's irrelevent to this discussion.

It was just another part of the Butt/Parker comparison that I think Parker has the edge on, even though it's irrelevent to this discussion.

Well, even putting that comment on one side, Butt is a superior player than Parker in all respects as a holding midfielder.

Well, even putting that comment on one side, Butt is a superior player than Parker in all respects as a holding midfielder.

At this point in time I agree. I just think that Parker should be superior, now and for the future. Fuckwit didn't buy him for any other role did he? Emre clearly isn't a holding player, so if Roeder is picking Parker as his holding midfielder, he needs to make him play that way, rather than running around doing a whole bag of nothing.

If Duff also wants to take a break that's fine.

... and Shola of course

Why on earth do people say these things?

Do you understand how thin and injury-prone our squad is?

Clearly not, since you actually wish injury on players.

Getting rid of them won't help anything, managing them properly would.

Don't you think we're better off with Martins and Dyer/Sibiersky than with Shola up front?

Statistically, no. Sholas scored as many as Sibi.

It's the fact that some of you want MORE players out injured. This shouldn't be the case. It's Roeder's fault; he should be playing the better partnerships/more in-form player, not just who he thinks is the better player (ie. he'll automatically play Carr ahead of Solano at RB, Parker ahead of Butt at DM etc).

If you don't think we're better off with other players on the pitch, then of course you don't want him injured. Myself, I think that Ameobi is a liability on the field and because that Roeder, and other managers before him, don't want to drop him, the only way for us to be a better team is with him injured.

scotty is a one man army

he is playing in a "free role" with roeder,he is NOT a free moving player,he is a holding midfielder,just like last season when he was our best player

then roeder went and said he wants him to be "newcastle's gerrard" and since then he is not the same :(

scotty is a one man army

he is playing in a "free role" with roeder,he is NOT a free moving player,he is a holding midfielder,just like last season when he was our best player

then roeder went and said he wants him to be "newcastle's gerrard" and since then he is not the same :(

He hasn't been the same since he knackered Jimmy Bullard, he doesn't go into the tackle as hard any more.

At this point in time I agree. I just think that Parker should be superior, now and for the future. Fuckwit didn't buy him for any other role did he? Emre clearly isn't a holding player, so if Roeder is picking Parker as his holding midfielder, he needs to make him play that way, rather than running around doing a whole bag of nothing.

I'm not sure why you think Parker should be superior to Butt in a role which is a natural one for Butt, but isn't a natural one for Parker. I really think you're over-rating Parker, Dave.

You mention Souness because he signed Parker. Well this is the same bloke who signed Luque, a player he claimed at the time was signed for the left side but someone many people believe is a striker, and is a player who can't fit into a standard 4-4-2. On that basis signing a player like this makes sense for Souness because he never wanted to use 4-4-2, did he? Well the natural conclusion to draw from that is that many of the players he signed weren't signed with a 4-4-2 in mind. Perhaps Parker is another one who doesn't fit into that standard 4-4-2, given that he has neither the attributes to be a holding midfielder or an effective attacking one in that setup. 

Parker is sooo over-rated by certain people its laughable the lengths they go to to try to prove his case, much like the current situation with Luque.

The only difference is that arguably Luque is where he should be, not playing. While, let alone is Parker playing every game, he's the bloody captain FFS.

All you have to do is look at the performances of the players after he went off, a major upturn. And yes, i am taking into account that Pompey were attacking more and leaving more gaps.

However, no longer was there a GAPING gap between the three areas of the field when Butt came on, no longer did the Pompey midfielders have virtually all the time they needed to pick out a pass and no longer did our centre midfield pairing look as if this was the first time they were playing together. Which seems to be the case in every game imo.

I don't wish injury on any of our players, but this could be a blessing in disguise as far as now Roeder will be forced to see what we look like without Capn Fantastic pissing about in every position apart from the one were he would be most effective and is supposed to be playing.

Go and have a nice long holiday Scott.  :thup:

I'm not sure why you think Parker should be superior to Butt in a role which is a natural one for Butt, but isn't a natural one for Parker. I really think you're over-rating Parker, Dave.

You mention Souness because he signed Parker. Well this is the same bloke who signed Luque, a player he claimed at the time was signed for the left side but someone many people believe is a striker, and is a player who can't fit into a standard 4-4-2. On that basis signing a player like this makes sense for Souness because he never wanted to use 4-4-2, did he? Well the natural conclusion to draw from that is that many of the players he signed weren't signed with a 4-4-2 in mind. Perhaps Parker is another one who doesn't fit into that standard 4-4-2, given that he has neither the attributes to be a holding midfielder or an effective attacking one in that setup. 

Most people, including professional pundits, two Newcastle managers, the Chelsea manager and the England manager think he's a holding midfielder. Whether it's natural or not, he's just not doing the job properly at the moment. That's why I blame the management for not coaching him correctly.

Agree to disagree. Not the first time. ;)

scotty is a one man army

He hasn't been the same since he knackered Jimmy Bullard, he doesn't go into the tackle as hard any more.

agreed,i think we really should try and raise his morale,give him postive thoughts,sure injuring bullard might've made parker scared of rushing into tackles,but its just a phase he's going through,he can play like last season again if he keeps a postive mind and the same agression he had,he can do that in training,with steven carr i hope :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

God even more blatant U turners

Parker was voted third best player in here just a few weeks ago

and to think he was slagged for telling you lot to fuck off

he is not supposed to be a holding player this season, he's meant to be attacking

stick him in with Butt, Emre is shite as proved a lot today

he is not supposed to be a holding player this season, he's meant to be attacking

Emre had an excellent game today, were you watching it????

Guest Invicta_Toon

Emre had an excellent game today, were you watching it????

yes I was

how many crosses / free kicks did he complete today?

and to think he was slagged for telling you lot to **** off

Absolute bollocks, he was one of our best players today.

yes I was

How many tackles/interceptions did he make today?

How many times did he dribble with the ball and create something for others?

He was excellent today, I thought it was possibly his best game for us.

Guest TheOrder

and to think he was slagged for telling you lot to **** off

Absolute bollocks, he was one of our best players today.

Exactly, Emre was top class.

Guest Invicta_Toon

yes I was

is that not his fucking job like?

are we just happy he can only do the basics like?

yes I was

IMO it was his best game for us aswell, Should of capped it off with a goal but credit to James he did make a good save. Emre's set pieces were poor at times but other than that he was simply awesome,