Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Journal reckons they want £8m which was always going to be too much for us.

8mil left back

10mil striker

3mil obertan

4.5mil Cabaye

25.5mil

2mil Routledge

4mil Nolan

35mil Carroll

6mil Enrique

47mil

21.5 mil profit

If we spent that i would actually be chuffed.

You're not accounting for the wages, agent fees, taxi to pick players up from the airport (plus 50p tip), cost to print new players shirts etc. Not to mention the extensive tarmac work and geothermic bore holes this summer. When you add that in £8m for a left back is not going to happen.

:spit:

Journal reckons they want £8m which was always going to be too much for us.

8mil left back

10mil striker

3mil obertan

4.5mil Cabaye

25.5mil

2mil Routledge

4mil Nolan

35mil Carroll

6mil Enrique

47mil

21.5 mil profit

If we spent that i would actually be chuffed.

You're not accounting for the wages, agent fees, taxi to pick players up from the airport (plus 50p tip), cost to print new players shirts etc. Not to mention the extensive tarmac work and geothermic bore holes this summer. When you add that in £8m for a left back is not going to happen.

:spit:

I know, as if Ashley would pay a tip ffs.

So, going by The Journal, Pieters will be around £6.5m while Aly will cost (minimum) £8m. That's a £1.5m difference. If people at the club (bar Ashley and Llambias) finds Cissokho is the better player, there is really no excuse to buy the cheaper one.

I bet you poor old Pardew was thinking this summer he'll end up having someone like Bridge or Shorey in front of him, but even that's too rich for Mike so he's started playing Pieters & Cissokho off against each other building his hopes up that the Enrique money will be spent, then when we "consider our options" and "miss out" on them late in the day, it'll also be too late even for the Bridge & Shorey options and we end up stuck with Ferguson & R.Taylor. Ashley wins!

I bet you poor old Pardew was thinking this summer he'll end up having someone like Bridge or Shorey in front of him, but even that's too rich for Mike so he's started playing Pieters & Cissokho off against each other building his hopes up that the Enrique money will be spent, then when we "consider our options" and "miss out" on them late in the day, it'll also be too late even for the Bridge & Shorey options and we end up stuck with Ferguson & R.Taylor. Ashley wins!

:troll:

What? Clubs are driving a hard bargain knowing we have no left back and about a week to make a signing? Never . .

It's funny that many people on here said the club were waiting for the right price to buy. prices almost always go up the closer to the deadline you get. the club can have no complaints about the position we're in, we have to pay a premium and it's our own fault.

Might watch him in action tonight... I guess we want Lyon knocked out to increase their money troubles... Making them more willing sellers and possibly decreasing the asking price... However if they qualify for the CL I've a feeling we'll go for Pieters sadly...

Pieters, sadly? What? He's still a f***ing international left back man. People are acting like since we've been linked to Cissokho, Pieters has become Rewben Agbewla

:sadnod:

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I honestly don't mind who we get!

Pieters, sadly? What? He's still a f***ing international left back man. People are acting like since we've been linked to Cissokho, Pieters has become Rewben Agbewla

Never mind Cissokho and Pieters, at this point I'm pretty damn close to be willing to accept Wayne Bridge. :lol:

Never mind Cissokho and Pieters, at this point I'm pretty damn close to be willing to accept Wayne Bridge. :lol:

You're at that stage already? :lol:

I'm refusing to acknowledge Wayne Bridge's existence (for the time being anyway....)

Unacceptable tbh. There really is no excuses for not buying Cissokho for Pieters.

@Msidouglas

Although Pieters is now the priority m, don't rule Cissokho out of filling the LB slot just yet. Club still in contact w/ his reps. #NUFC

Twitter for iPhone • 24/08/2011 11:40

But still not agreed fee with Lyon....

WE ARE GETTING REPORTED AGAIN? 

:kinnear:

@Msidouglas

Although Pieters is now the priority m, don't rule Cissokho out of filling the LB slot just yet. Club still in contact w/ his reps. #NUFC

Transfer Ban :fwap:

@Msidouglas

Transfer Ban :fwap:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROsBPPlMYgJpq6GezQ3JNuLbnP3eM-q_8eVEui-t8vo2gAZ4Z4