Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

It's nice to hear that these three (Cissokho, Maiga and Pieters) are all desperate to come, if nothing else. Gives us a lot of negotiating power.

Can see both going right down to the wire and amazingly I do still think we'll end up with a decent left-back and a decent striker by the end of the window.

Obviously I'd prefer it if it was done and dusted already, and this has been a tortuous few weeks in terms of deals, but I think I can just about hold out if it eventually gets done.

A week or so left to get things done!

It's nice to hear that these three (Cissokho, Maiga and Pieters) are all desperate to come, if nothing else. Gives us a lot of negotiating power.

Can see both going right down to the wire and amazingly I do still think we'll end up with a decent left-back and a decent striker by the end of the window.

Obviously I'd prefer it if it was done and dusted already, and this has been a tortuous few weeks in terms of deals, but I think I can just about hold out if it eventually gets done.

They must all be greedy cunts too wanting bigger wages. Scum of the earth tbh.

Double-edged sword though, as it means we'll risk not signing them just to save a few quid.

Yeah, it can definitely still go either way. The strike action/begging to leave shit has got to be good for us though, surely?

Guest bimpy474

See i like this post, its all optimistic and jolly.....lalalalalalalalalaalaalalaalalala...................what no signings..................i'm not listening.......................lalalalalalalalalala :D

They must all be greedy cunts too wanting bigger wages. Scum of the earth tbh.

:lol:

Mercenary bastards man, the lot of them.

See i like this post, its all optimistic and jolly.....lalalalalalalalalaalaalalaalalala...................what no signings..................i'm not listening.......................lalalalalalalalalala :D

I can't abide constant negativity, someone has to help Ian out now and again.

Guest Heneage

It's a real risk, I think we'll have a lot of deadline based activity. If we could get two of the three (preferably the first two) I'd be happy.

I can't believe we've got a player of Cissokho's quality desperate to sign and we're pussyfooting about paying an extra couple of million (it's not as if we've just recieved this fee for our left back anyway...). If you didn't laugh you'd fucking cry.

Guest Heneage

It's a real risk, I think we'll have a lot of deadline based activity. If we could get two of the three (preferably the first two) I'd be happy.

I doubt he's being exact when he says half like (7.5m euros).  Its been reported we were preparing to bid 8m euros for him so it would seem this confirms that rumour.  I wonder how much more they're looking for? ???

Guest bimpy474

I can't abide constant negativity, someone has to help Ian out now and again.

Thats him i couldn't remember him in the Barnetta Thread.

Ian  :smitten: N.O morale officer  :smitten:

I can't believe we've got a player of Cissokho's quality desperate to sign and we're pussyfooting about paying an extra couple of million (it's not as if we've just recieved this fee for our left back anyway...). If you didn't laugh you'd fucking cry.

The thing that gets me is this fucking vacuum that appears to have hoovered up the money that was on the table for Gameiro, Gervinho and Neil Taylor. Even if you take the Gameiro/Gervinho thing as a "one or the other" scenario, that's still something like £11m we had going spare BEFORE the Enrique sale (plus all the wages that those players would have taken up, agents fees, signing on fees, insurances, blah blah blah...) and weren't we keeping a huge chunk of money aside for Jose's new contract anyway?

Add that money we had bid for Gameiro/Gervinho and Taylor to the combined Enrique money and we could have had Cissokho and Maiga here over a week ago. We obviously have the money to spend but are desperate to get bargains on every single deal we make. It's excruciating for us lot, but as others have said it's the kind of stuff Ashley and Derek will love.

Guest bimpy474

This also shows PSV we've got other targets which might make them more likely to accept.

Could also make Pieters think "f*** it, I'm not first-choice they can sod off". ;)

Ahhhh but this is where the tripling of the wages factor comes in, if he's on £10,000 a week like.

I doubt he's being exact when he says half like (7.5m euros).  Its been reported we were preparing to bid 8m euros for him so it would seem this confirms that rumour.  I wonder how much more they're looking for? ???

Aye, the thread title sort of just takes his word for things. Was quite conscious of that when editing, but at the end of the day it's the most recent development we have to go with.

Tbh if this bid is genuine I'm hopeful. If only because it looks like we are prepared to pay more to secure the better quality player. I'm sure we could do a cheaper overall deal for Pieters fee and wages all in, so to go for Cissokho who will no doubt command higher wages is a good sign.

The thing that gets me is this fucking vacuum that appears to have hoovered up the money that was on the table for Gameiro, Gervinho and Neil Taylor. Even if you take the Gameiro/Gervinho thing as a "one or the other" scenario, that's still something like £11m we had going spare BEFORE the Enrique sale (plus all the wages that those players would have taken up, agents fees, signing on fees, insurances, blah blah blah...) and weren't we keeping a huge chunk of money aside for Jose's new contract anyway?

Add that money to the combined Enrique money and we could have had Cissokho and Maiga here over a week ago. We obviously have the money to spend but are desperate to get bargains on every single deal we make. It's excruciating for us lot, but as others have said it's the kind of stuff Ashley and Derek will love.

I honestly think we'd shit our kegs if any of those offers were actually accepted.

The thing that gets me is this fucking vacuum that appears to have hoovered up the money that was on the table for Gameiro, Gervinho and Neil Taylor.

It's the same vacuum that sucked up the money that we had available for signing the likes of Modric, Johnson and N'Zogbia.  It's almost as if there is a money eating poltergoost at St James' or the money was never there in the first place and we've been bullshitted for the past four years...  Wooooooooooooo, I'm frightend.....  :mystery:  Quick, call Derek Acorah.

Actually don't as that charlatan would fit in right with this bunch of fucking shysters.