L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

"But in terms of us, we have put a bid in for the player and he is a player that we want to bring to the club.

Aye, you want him so much that you've waited until after the season started to bid for him.

Think what we'll save not having to pay him wages for July and Auguest though Wullie.

If we're lucky the deal might even fall through completely and we won't have to spend anything!!

"But in terms of us, we have put a bid in for the player and he is a player that we want to bring to the club.

Aye, you want him so much that you've waited until after the season started to bid for him.

To be fair, we expected to get Gameiro, not our fault PSG got super rich and Erdinc was our second target which I think everyone expected to go through.

Guest Mantis

Think what we'll save not having to pay him wages for July and Auguest though Wullie.

If we're lucky the deal might even fall through completely and we won't have to spend anything!!

Too true.  Have you been listening in to Fat Mikes phone calls?

To be fair, we expected to get Gameiro, not our fault PSG got super rich and Erdinc was our second target which I think everyone expected to go through.

Gameiro from day one made it clear he didn't want to come here. It was hardly a surprise.

Guest Haris Vuckic

My French mate who's well ITK told me about this guy.

Unfortunately I don't speak French so he could've been saying anything.

I think Ba would be a strong first choice, but his legs are made of cheese and he will be going to the ANC. I like Best as second choice, would rather we bought a good version of James Perch to cover Tiote at the ANC and centre half.

I think Ba would be a strong first choice, but his legs are made of cheese and he will be going to the ANC. I like Best as second choice, would rather we bought a good version of James Perch to cover Tiote at the ANC and centre half.

Fair chance this kid will be playing for Mali at the ANC too.

I meant putting the striker at the top. Work downwards!

FWIW I would play

Cabaye HBA

Obertan  Ba Marveaux

a front 5. Tiote the one man midfield. Test this against Fulham.

I kinda don't see the point in going for him. We have Ba, Best, Shola, Obertan, HBA, Lovelyhands that can all play upfront. Obviously I don't want Shola or Lovely anywhere near the first team, but we have just gave Shola an extension.

Fair chance this kid will be playing for Mali at the ANC too.