L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

If we were to sign Maiga in January, would this mean we wouldn't be interested in Hoilett of Blackburn? :dontknow:

Maiga is seen as a striker, Hoilett as a winger so theres no reason we shouldn't try for him, but i dont think we are after Hoilett tbh, we signed Obertan for the right side, shame as Junior mint like.

If we were to sign Maiga in January, would this mean we wouldn't be interested in Hoilett of Blackburn? :dontknow:

Maiga is seen as a striker, Hoilett as a winger so theres no reason we shouldn't try for him, but i dont think we are after Hoilett tbh, we signed Obertan for the right side, shame as Junior mint like.

But then we sold Barton so we could do with another (actually good) right winger. Hoilett will be cheap given his contract situation.

But then we sold Barton so we could do with another (actually good) right winger. Hoilett will be cheap given his contract situation.

I thought people wanted Marveaux to start down the right?

Mostly because Jonas is in top form and Obertan is useless.

Guest bimpy474

True but will Ashley let Pardew have another player, its all about Ashley allowing the signing, we can all see Hoilett is mint but Ashley through Dekka, will say plenty of cover on the wings as it is.

Imo obviously.

So where does Ferguson fit into it all? Or is the plan to have 5 wingers going for 2 positions?

Guest bimpy474

Either side for me, i think he's cracking, Jonas and him on the wings.

So where does Ferguson fit into it all? Or is the plan to have 5 wingers going for 2 positions?

I think the club see Ferguson as a LB tbh.

Guest bimpy474

Left back cover for Peters when we sign him....:D

What about Ryan Taylor, our current first choice left back?

Phased out of the club eventually.

Guest bimpy474

He is Santon's right back cover, i've thought this all through  :D

Hahahaha Villa winning at the Scum.

Guest bimpy474

All signs point to Maiga signing in January so hopefully there'll be some sort of official news soon.

Not yet i reckon, saying he's joining us now probably wouldn't go down well with the Sochaux fans, done behind the scenes but revealed closer to the chrimbo ?.

All signs point to Maiga signing in January so hopefully there'll be some sort of official news soon.

Not yet i reckon, saying he's joining us now probably wouldn't go down well with the Sochaux fans, done behind the scenes but revealed closer to the chrimbo ?.

Good point, yeah around Christmas would be a reasonable time to officially announce it (if this is actually going through).

Would imagine there'll be nothing official until the window opens. Bit like Cabaye in the summer, everyone knew it was going to happen, but he continued to play for Lille and there was nothing official until a couple weeks later.

Guest bimpy474

Possible 3 up top if this comes off,not that I think Pardew will be looking to change the formation but it's an option.

For all his stuff about different formations, he has stuck to 4-4-2, slightly different 4-4-1-1 at Blackburn, maybe he is waiting for the right players to go 4-3-3.