L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

For example players who are out of contract at the end of the season I can think of include:

Hoilett

Montolivo

Diame

Douglas (Twente)

Barnetta

Definitely would take Douglas as CB and Hoilett or Barnetta for RW especially on the cheap........

Which Diame is this btw? ( not including Montolivo because hes not someone we need imo)

I like how compiling a list of free transfer players is preparing for the possible departures of Tioté and Colo.

I think it's implying that these six players would be on January's "hit list".

Of course. Was just getting at the possibility of selling Colo and Tioté for "mega bids" and then replacing them with freebies. As Sewelly says though, nothing wrong with going for free transfers as long as they are quality players.

To the tune of Kokomo by the Beach Boys. "Modibo Maiga... ooohhh i wanna take ya....Modibo Maiga whos hes gunna shake ya"

Off the North Bank

Theres a place called Newcastle

Thats where you wanna go to get away from it all

Bodies on the grass

Your goals melting in the net

The geordies will be falling in love

To the rhythym of the gaelic trio

Down in Newcastle

Maiga, Newcastle oooo i want to take you

To Newcastle, Gateshead come on pretty Maiga

St James Park, Maiga baby why dont we go

Guest mimifrench

Are you sure for this news about Maiga ?

There  are rumours in the French press that Sochaux's midfielder Boudebouz is also about to leave in January (probably for Lyon)...

So, I really can't see Sochaux's president let 2 of his "stars" leave in the same time...

Are you sure for this news about Maiga ?

There  are rumours in the French press that Sochaux's midfielder Boudebouz is also about to leave in January (probably for Lyon)...

So, I really can't see Sochaux's president let 2 of his "stars" leave in the same time...

Our local press seem to be sure. Of course, nothing has been confirmed yet so things could still change.

I would massively like Junior Hoilett...would be very very useful

This.

Terrific player. If Blackburn went down we should be busting a gut to get him and Samba.

not as sure about Samba, just never seen as much in him as others do, seems like the anti-Colo...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7307223/Maiga-waiting-on-move

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has confirmed that he is hoping to finalise his move to Newcastle as soon as possible.

The Magpies first made a move to sign Maiga in the summer, but Sochaux fought off their interest.

The French club were unhappy at the time, as Maiga himself also acted with anger after seeing the move fail to materialise.

But Sochaux have since held talks with Newcastle and a deal is widely understood to have been struck.

Maiga refused to confirm the deal was finalised but admitted he was hoping it would soon be done.

When asked about the move to Newcastle, the Mali international told Footafrica365: "I do not know, we'll see.

"Next what is clear is that all players dream of playing for a club like that and I hope it will happen, either this winter or in the summer

"There are no more problems with Sochaux, everything is back to normal."

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has confirmed that he is hoping to finalise his move to Newcastle as soon as possible.

The Magpies first made a move to sign Maiga in the summer, but Sochaux fought off their interest.

The French club were unhappy at the time, as Maiga himself also acted with anger after seeing the move fail to materialise.

But Sochaux have since held talks with Newcastle and a deal is widely understood to have been struck.

Maiga refused to confirm the deal was finalised but admitted he was hoping it would soon be done.

When asked about the move to Newcastle, the Mali international told Footafrica365: "I do not know, we'll see.

"Next what is clear is that all players dream of playing for a club like that and I hope it will happen, either this winter or in the summer

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7307223/Maiga-waiting-on-move

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7307223/Maiga-waiting-on-move