Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Humble pie my ass. He's been historically s*** and he's been a mouthpiece for Alan f***ing Pardew. If he starts performing like that consistently and doing his job back there then he'll rightfully get the credit he deserves NOW for actually doing the job like a professional premier league footballer should.

Is it harsh to think he should have saved Dier's header?  Got a pretty strong hand on it and would have been a hell of a save if he pulled it off.  But I think he'll be pissed off at himself for not keeping it out.  Was good apart from that though.  Made some great saves and was fine with some routine ones as well. 

Is it harsh to think he should have saved Dier's header?  Got a pretty strong hand on it and would have been a hell of a save if he pulled it off.  But I think he'll be p*ssed off at himself for not keeping it out.  Was good apart from that though.  Made some great saves and was fine with some routine ones as well. 

Thought it was poor from him, he doesn't seem to strong at making saves to his left, seems a canny amount beats him there fwiw. Maybe has to do with injuries or something?

He had a decent game but unsure why he got the man of the match award. He's proving to me that he is actually a decent enough back up but wouldn't go anywhere near to say he should be keeping Krul out the side.

Aye, although Krul has been shite I'm baffled as to why Elliott is being praised to the hilt by some for making saves than any keeper in the top flight make. Krul rightly gets slaughtered for not getting a strong hand to the Tottenham goal.

I thought he would be worse than he's showing though.

He had a decent game but unsure why he got the man of the match award. He's proving to me that he is actually a decent enough back up but wouldn't go anywhere near to say he should be keeping Krul out the side.

Aye, although Krul has been s**** I'm baffled as to why Elliott is being praised to the hilt by some for making saves than any keeper in the top flight make. Krul rightly gets slaughtered for not getting a strong hand to their goal.

I thought he would be worse than he's showing though.

Expectations are low, and he's defying them. All you can ask of your keeper is to make as few mistakes as possible, and pull off something spectacular once in a while. Elliot has done exactly that.