Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I haven't seen him pull off anything spectacular personally. I've missed a few games this season mind, but people were gushing over the Bournemouth performance when everything was hit straight at him. Same yesterday, other than the Lamela misshit and Kane's strike from 30 yards I don't think he had to move. It was just basic goalkeeping.

Is it harsh to think he should have saved Dier's header?  Got a pretty strong hand on it and would have been a hell of a save if he pulled it off.  But I think he'll be p*ssed off at himself for not keeping it out.  Was good apart from that though.  Made some great saves and was fine with some routine ones as well. 

Thought it was poor from him, he doesn't seem to strong at making saves to his left, seems a canny amount beats him there fwiw. Maybe has to do with injuries or something?

Poor? Dier bullet headers it across goal from six yards out through a crowd of players. He did exceptionally to react in that time frame and even get a hand to it. It was Colo's bad marking, not the keepers fault.

Is it harsh to think he should have saved Dier's header?  Got a pretty strong hand on it and would have been a hell of a save if he pulled it off.  But I think he'll be p*ssed off at himself for not keeping it out.  Was good apart from that though.  Made some great saves and was fine with some routine ones as well. 

Thought it was poor from him, he doesn't seem to strong at making saves to his left, seems a canny amount beats him there fwiw. Maybe has to do with injuries or something?

Poor? Dier bullet headers it across goal from six yards out through a crowd of players. He did exceptionally to react in that time frame and even get a hand to it. It was Colo's back marking, not the keepers fault.

:thup:

Bournemouth were shite in front of goal, they fluffed most chances they had and failed to properly test Elliott. He wasn't bad; he did what was asked of him, not sure why we have to go over the top about it.

"Bullet header through a crowd of players" come on man, it was a strong header from a great cross but Elliott was hardly left with no chance.

Bournemouth were shite in front of goal, they fluffed most chances they had and failed to properly test Elliott. He wasn't bad; he did what was asked of him, not sure why we have to go over the top about it.

"Bullet header through a crowd of players" come on man, it was a strong header from a great cross but Elliott was hardly left with no chance.

Nobody is going over the top man. He's been decent the last couple of games, it deserves to be mentioned.

Krul has been dogshit for ages and wouldn't get back in ahead of Elliot if he was fit right now for me like, his distribution alone makes him a distinct liability.

Not saying Elliot is world class but the bloke clearly has talent.

I'd still rather have Krul in goal. He commands the area more. Elliott has done alright as a back up, but he doesn't really do anything that well.Not fast off his line, doesn't come for the high balls with confidence and won't stop a half decent strike unless it's right at him. He saves the ones that most keepers would save though.

Nothing in his game is better than Krul. He's in good form now though which is more than I'm sure most of us expected.

He distributes the ball far better than Krul.

And there is no denying he's in a purple patch right now.  Krul wouldn't start if he was fit.

He's starting to win Disco over anyway, gone from cunt to a mere mess :lol:

If he wasn't such a fat, vacuous cunt he probably wouldn't get injured so much.

Think how much better he'd be if he wasn't a fat, injury prone mess.

He's turned out to not be the hopelessly flapping turd I'd expected. His throws are better than Krul's kicks. 5/7.

He's turned out to not be the hopelessly flapping turd I'd expected. His throws are better than Krul's kicks. 5/7.

:lol:

:lol:

He made some reasonable saves. That's the extent of his performance. I also thought he should've done better with the goal. His reaction times are poor, and he's not big enough to get away with it. There is still 0 chance I'd start him over Krul.

Krul has been dogshit for ages and wouldn't get back in ahead of Elliot if he was fit right now for me like, his distribution alone makes him a distinct liability.

I'd still rather have Krul in goal. He commands the area more. Elliott has done alright as a back up, but he doesn't really do anything that well.Not fast off his line, doesn't come for the high balls with confidence and won't stop a half decent strike unless it's right at him. He saves the ones that most keepers would save though.

I've seen none of that to be honest, Blob is always having a go at the back line, and I've seen him save various shots that were'n right at him including 2-3 yesterday.

He's a good goalkeeper but people don't like him because of something he may or may not have said to a fan about our expectations, if Krul had performed like that yesterday there would be no end of praise.

I've seen none of that to be honest, Blob is always having a go at the back line, and I've seen him save various shots that were'n right at him including 2-3 yesterday.

He's a good goalkeeper but people don't like him because of something he may or may not have said to a fan about our expectations, if Krul had performed like that yesterday there would be no end of praise.

I can't even remember what he said. What I can remember is that he didn't actually jump for the ball yesterday on the goal he conceded. He shoved his arm out and then dropped to the ground. His reactions are poor.

I can't even remember what he said. What I can remember is that he didn't actually jump for the ball yesterday on the goal he conceded. He shoved his arm out and then dropped to the ground. His reactions are poor.

Ridiculously harsh that like.

He has had a good couple of games, but nothing more than that. Made some decent saves, that most prem keepers would save, but not all. Hopefully the game time and some decent training helps him shed a few pounds and his game improves.