Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Krul has been dogshit for ages and wouldn't get back in ahead of Elliot if he was fit right now for me like, his distribution alone makes him a distinct liability.

Not saying Elliot is world class but the bloke clearly has talent.

I'd still rather have Krul in goal. He commands the area more. Elliott has done alright as a back up, but he doesn't really do anything that well.Not fast off his line, doesn't come for the high balls with confidence and won't stop a half decent strike unless it's right at him. He saves the ones that most keepers would save though.

I've seen none of that to be honest, Blob is always having a go at the back line, and I've seen him save various shots that were'n right at him including 2-3 yesterday.

He's a good goalkeeper but people don't like him because of something he may or may not have said to a fan about our expectations, if Krul had performed like that yesterday there would be no end of praise.

I can't even remember what he said. What I can remember is that he didn't actually jump for the ball yesterday on the goal he conceded. He shoved his arm out and then dropped to the ground. His reactions are poor.

Ridiculously harsh that like.

It's more undeniable fact like m8.

I'm absolutely fine with him as a backup keeper. He's been playing well. Made some decent saves one would hope for from a backup PL keeper. Still isn't actually very talented, and his reactions are still poor. His slowness is probably why he looked so hollywood on some of the regulation saves yesterday.

Krul has been dogshit for ages and wouldn't get back in ahead of Elliot if he was fit right now for me like, his distribution alone makes him a distinct liability.

Not saying Elliot is world class but the bloke clearly has talent.

I'd still rather have Krul in goal. He commands the area more. Elliott has done alright as a back up, but he doesn't really do anything that well.Not fast off his line, doesn't come for the high balls with confidence and won't stop a half decent strike unless it's right at him. He saves the ones that most keepers would save though.

I've seen none of that to be honest, Blob is always having a go at the back line, and I've seen him save various shots that were'n right at him including 2-3 yesterday.

He's a good goalkeeper but people don't like him because of something he may or may not have said to a fan about our expectations, if Krul had performed like that yesterday there would be no end of praise.

I can't even remember what he said. What I can remember is that he didn't actually jump for the ball yesterday on the goal he conceded. He shoved his arm out and then dropped to the ground. His reactions are poor.

Ridiculously harsh that like.

It's more undeniable fact like m8.

I'm absolutely fine with him as a backup keeper. He's been playing well. Made some decent saves one would hope for from a backup PL keeper. Still isn't actually very talented, and his reactions are still poor. His slowness is probably why he looked so hollywood on some of the regulation saves yesterday.

Aye can't wait for Krul to come back and gift opposition chances with poor kicking and flap at every cross, love it when hes always beaten at his near post too.

Krul was pretty bad at the end of last season. He should have saved a lot of the goals that went in. The QPR game in particular.

A little competition is a good thing. I hope Elliot continues to do well. As far as him getting MOTM, good. I'd rather he felt like a million bucks than like shit which I'm sure you guys would all lap up.

Been better than Krul without a doubt. Seems to have the respect of the other players. Can't see Krul getting back in if he keep this up. Pretty sure Krul has been very complacent prior to his injury so its good for everyone he has some genuine competition.

Forest fan I used to play fives with said Darlow had England potential. I'm a bit narked as I want to see what he's like, especially as I'd fancy him as our number one rather than Elliot if/when we peddle Krul.

However I wouldn't be surprised if it's the case sooner rather than later. Elliot seems to have a knack for picking up injuries.

Forest fan I used to play fives with said Darlow had England potential. I'm a bit narked as I want to see what he's like, especially as I'd fancy him as our number one rather than Elliot if/when we peddle Krul.

However I wouldn't be surprised if it's the case sooner rather than later. Elliot seems to have a knack for picking up injuries.

Forest fan i was talking to said exactly the same thing, 'he'll play for England'.

Goal was completely the fault of the defense, janmaat and another player were very poor and should have closed the space as soon as he moved. Elliot is playing ok for me, I suppose with a run of matches he is now "match fit" and has more confidence than when used sparingly.

Krul's stagnated badly over the past 5 years. Elliot's transformation is nothing short of extraordinary.

Elliot has improved since Woodman has left us, maybe Krul can make the same improvement if we have a better coach working with him.

Totally out of his depth. It is quite incredible.

He is no world beater but have to say that he has proved me (and lot of people) wrong. He is the least of worries in the squad.

So many people are so fickle, it's been a few games of decent form.

He looked out of his depth as per usual on crosses vs Villa. Flappy blob. Spends too much time pushing the defender and running out into no mans land punching fresh air.

Tbf hes always looked an adequete back up keeper I've thought, remember he was highly rated at Charlton. Its just that hes a fat bastard and the fact hes a professional footballer in the PL just kind of takes the piss, especially considering that hes getting paid thousands to sit on his arse most the time and cant even sort it out it out. You'd rather a young keeper like Darlow who might have potential to be our no.1 get a chance.