Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Thing for me is - yesterday wasn't a straight fight about their merits - Elliot wasn't moving right after the knock, you don't leave a potentially injured keeper on in a game where you're under pressure. He should have been subbed.

THIS.

His injury caused their first two goals.

Darlow should have been on as soon as he sat down.

Thing for me is - yesterday wasn't a straight fight about their merits - Elliot wasn't moving right after the knock, you don't leave a potentially injured keeper on in a game where you're under pressure. He should have been subbed.

THIS.

Elliot being an average goalkeeper also contributed.

THIS.

If memory serves, Darlow wasn't kitted up to go on immediately, was he? I'm sure I remember thinking that at the time.

THIS.

It also contributed to the injury.You could see on the replays there was no shout to Manquillo that he was coming.

THIS.

It also contributed to the injury.You could see on the replays there was no shout to Manquillo that he was coming.

It's nice that we can get along now.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,97924.msg6419926.html#msg6419926

want to see the goals again of TV but surely he should be stopping the 2nd and 3rd goals,  especially the 3rd, surely he should get to that cross before the striker.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2eutk7b.png

agreed

The second one definitely. The third i was directly in line with and it was a fantastic ball in that looks so easy but beats most keepers. Easier than it looks.

Should have definitely stopped the 2nd, even though it was a deflection it travelled a long way with not much pace on it.  Can't blame him for either of the other ones though.

Had a really good view of it from the corner and didn't think he could do much about it. Certainly the crowd didn't blame him nor has he taken the blame in any of the match reports I've read or in the commentary. Made one really good save in the 1st half but didn't command his area well I thought.

Should have definitely stopped the 2nd, even though it was a deflection it travelled a long way with not much pace on it.  Can't blame him for either of the other ones though.

Had a really good view of it from the corner and didn't think he could do much about it. Certainly the crowd didn't blame him nor has he taken the blame in any of the match reports I've read or in the commentary. Made one really good save in the 1st half but didn't command his area well I thought.

Is that not just because people have accepted that he's shit/average at best?  I think most Premier League keepers would've stopped it personally.