Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He isn't apparently. Mbiwa to play right back.

What?! So Taylor and Williamson in the centre? Well that's just hilarious.

Yeah, funny as f***. I'm sure you'll be laughing if Hatem returns to the RW on account of an out-and-out defender being at RB.

Its what one of the local papers are saying in one of the other threads. Campbell will tear those two to shreds.

Yeah, funny as f***. I'm sure you'll be laughing if Hatem returns to the RW on account of an out-and-out defender being at RB.

Its what one of the local papers are saying in one of the other threads. Campbell will tear those two to shreds.

No he won't. They might be shite but so is he. Tear them to shreds FFS.

Campbell wouldn't tear paper to sheds

At fault for the second goal. He can see Negredo and decides to continue to swan back instead of sprint.

No point would have never caught him.

Also played well seeing who he was aganist.

Guest bimpy474

At fault for the second goal. He can see Negredo and decides to continue to swan back instead of sprint.

Aye but Hairdryer shouldn't be trying to step up, he should have covered back and across. Last minute breakaway though, always on the cards that when your chasing a game.

No way was Santon at fault for the second goal, he does start to jog as per but then gets his head and starts trying to sprint, although he didn't move much quicker. Didn't matter either way because he was never catching Negredo to make a tackle anyways. We just got caught on the break when pushing for the equaliser late on which can easily happen. If anthing they got the rub of the green again with the ball bouncing straigtht back in the patch of Negredo, summed up our fortunes/science on the day.

No way was Santon at fault for the second goal, he does start to jog as per but then gets his head and starts trying to sprint, although he didn't move much quicker. Didn't matter either way because he was never catching Negredo to make a tackle anyways. We just got caught on the break when pushing for the equaliser late on which can easily happen. If anthing they got the rub of the green again with the ball bouncing straigtht back in the patch of Negredo, summed up our fortunes/science on the day.

The danger was clear but he continued to jog, it was only when the ball was finally played did he decide to sprint. I saw a similar situation where Steven Gerrard makes sure he gets back. I never see that determination from Santon. He strikes me as a very laid back person and player. No urgency in the way he plays. If he was a wide midfielder that would be okay. But he's a fullback. Put in a strong challenge and run to save a goal from time to time ffs.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Easy to blame Santon - but why was Williamson up front?

For the record I don't care to blame anybody to heavily - this kind of thing happens when you chase a match and Krul was very unlucky.