Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Can´t believe the striker we were promised isn´t here yet....

quotes? link?

ok...promised i a strong word....but did pardew not say more than once that a striker was highest priority together with a LB or have i misunderstood everything ???

I think you've misunderstood everything.

The priority is to bring in quality players at a reasonable price who have the potential to develop into international players :thup: striker is not a 'gaping hole'

:thup:

The only criteria which matters is whether or not the player is considered as undervalued. Their position, style of play, personality, age, etc are all factors in the valuation, but the requirements of the team/squad is very much a secondary factor in the decision to sign a player.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just got back in, nowt to report from SJP when I had a walk there.

So, could someone give me any updates NUFC-wise? Ta.

There was a strong rumour that we were signing some Asian player, who had been spotted walking near SJP a few hours ago.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Just got back in, nowt to report from SJP when I had a walk there.

So, could someone give me any updates NUFC-wise? Ta.

The cupboard is bare

So... Sturridge is at Liverpool by all reports... expected to be related to Meireles going the other way.. Probably just twitter bollocks, but there's lots of it.

Bollocks started by Jen Chang yesterday. He actually ment that it should be Sturridge + cash for Meireles. Won't happen.

Guest ToonUltra

Sturridge and Bellamy to Liverpool with Carroll coming back on season long loan with view to permanent move...