Pardew Patter

Guest BooBoo

Guest Chubby Jason

“It is how we set the tone. And the message has to change.” “The fans are used to bad news and players leaving – this is something we have to correct.”

“The only way we can correct it is by success.” “We will get a striker and left-back over the line, 100%.”

“That will be before the window shuts. We will chase those targets.” “We think we have signed well in the summer. I look forward to seeing that group.”

“But I think our fans will see new players on the pitch on Saturday that will impress. I had to rebuild at West Ham, because of contract disputes, Reading and Southampton.”

“I am well rehearsed in making sure the mixture is right. It is not complete yet, but by August 31 it will be.”

:mackems:

I think he really thought we'd get someone over the line, so you can't blame him for that.

We've had a good start to the season, and should have built on that with a top notch striker.  We don't have that so all we can hope for is Ben Arfa to come back in form.

Guest BooBoo

"The free transfer market is certainly something we'll be looking at. The big plus for us is that we didn't lose a Fabricio or a Cheik. Clubs were circling so it's a plus that we resisted any further outgoings."

Guest BooBoo

He'll mention Obertan as being the striker, said that when we signed him.

Sounds eerily familiar to Llambias' quote "But Coloccini was the WOW signing!"

Every time he mentions the phrase "a player over the line" in conjunction with: -

We want to get

We will get

We're trying to get

We need to get

I want to slap him silly.

The only fuckers that crossed the line are Ashley & Co.

Guest Rainforest

How I regard pardew will hugely be reliant on how he chooses his words tomorrow. If he is straightforward saying he is disappointed, I might just believe him. Any backpedalling and he can fuck right off

Like Pardew but sick to death of this bullshit. We've been strung along all summer by unfulfilled promises.

Suffice to say I'll be ignoring the excuses coming out in the next few days, 'we tried', etc.

Not good enough.

Guest Micktoon

i can't  wait to hear the puppet has to say of this debacle.

The only way i'd have any repsect for pardew is if he walked

Guest bimpy474

Where does that leave us then, JFK again, i'd rather Pardew stayed, what about the players he has signed, he should stay for them.

Do you guys honestly believe that Pardew wasn't desperate to sign a Striker? And how would it benefit Pardew to go around "lying" about it?

I'm firmly in the camp that believes that he's been led up the garden path as much as we have, so I can't find it in me to criticise him for his alleged "lies".

Then he's either a mug for trusting Ashley or too afraid to rock the boat and tell the truth. I don't doubt that he wants the best squad he can get his hands on but every time he comes out in a press conference he toes the company line.

Like Pardew but sick to death of this bullshit. We've been strung along all summer by unfulfilled promises.

Suffice to say I'll be ignoring the excuses coming out in the next few days, 'we tried', etc.

Not good enough.

:sadnod:

Guest Micktoon

Where does that leave us then, JFK again, i'd rather Pardew stayed, what about the players he has signed, he should stay for them.

Pardew is a puppet, fuck the damage to us. if the guy had any self respect he'd walk. if he doesn't all he's proving is that he's Ashleys puppet and therefore if it looks like a duck...

Do you guys honestly believe that Pardew wasn't desperate to sign a Striker? And how would it benefit Pardew to go around "lying" about it?

I'm firmly in the camp that believes that he's been led up the garden path as much as we have, so I can't find it in me to criticise him for his alleged "lies".

Then he's either a mug for trusting Ashley or too afraid to rock the boat and tell the truth. I don't doubt that he wants the best squad he can get his hands on but every time he comes out in a press conference he toes the company line.

Employee in "toe the company line" shocker. I love the idea that he's just going to come out and criticise the way everything is being run. Why would anyone do that, in any job, if you want to keep it?  :lol:

But he can be honest, i've asked for a striker and the board won't/can't release the funds.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew is a puppet, f*** the damage to us. if the guy had any self respect he'd walk. if he doesn't all he's proving is that he's Ashleys puppet and therefore if it looks like a duck...

Thats where we disagree mate, bollocks to damaging us, i'd rather have Pardew than Kinnear and to be relegated again.

Guest Micktoon

Employee in "toe the company line" shocker. I love the idea that he's just going to come out and criticise the way everything is being run. Why would anyone do that, in any job, if you want to keep it?  :lol:

But he can be honest, i've asked for a striker and the board won't/can't release the funds.

And if he was told that the funds were there? He's made it clear over and over again in the last few weeks that he's been pushing them to get the deals done.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to look at it from your angle, but I can't see any evidence of Pardew deliberately lying about things. I believe his main problem is that he says what he's been told. It's just that what he's been told isn't necessarily true.

The telling tale in this discussion will be Pardews next press conference