Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest jonlane86

Realised I forgot Perchinho and Raylor when I posted that .. probably enough cover for Pards to wing it.

Terrible unintended joke alert

Any decent players likely to be knocking around on the Chelsea dump list that would join us?

Marin would be the only one really.

Yeah.

What about the rest of the likely dump list: Romeu, Malouda, Benayoun,De Bruyne , McEachran, Kakuta,Piazón  van Aanholt & Bruma

Any decent players likely to be knocking around on the Chelsea dump list that would join us?

Would be interesting to see if he could kickstart his carreer here again. He was amazing in bundesliga.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah.

What about the rest of the likely dump list: Romeu, Malouda, Benayoun,De Bruyne , McEachran, Kakuta,Piazón  van Aanholt & Bruma

Not a hope in hell that Romeu is on any dump list. No doubt the same with Piazon & McEachran tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

I thought McEachran looked class but he seems to have fucked up his loan spell a bit.

Think he suffered from the same problem that swept Boro's whole squad, all seemed to fall apart midway through the season. He will surely be given more time though with another loan before they dump him. Not as though anyone will offer a decent amount just yet.

de Bruyne is going to Germany - probably to BVB or as part of the Schurrle deal to Leverkusen.

How is former Chelsea player Michael Mancienne doing in Germany?

:dontknow:

Assuming we are 100% getting rid of the following:

Harper, Shola, Obertan, Williamson, Simpson, Gosling

5 of which you would say are seasoned professionals and would get games.

Last season we never replaced Ba & Best (Lovenkrands replaced by Gouffran), so that's another two and we still aren't sure about Colo...

Getting rid of eight players means we should be getting at least six "seasoned" professionals (four/five of which "Purple") and another four or five up and coming if we are to make a difference to the squad and properly compete.

Purples (first team players)

Striker

Striker

Central Defender

Goal scoring midfielder (sigurdsson type)

Squad Players

Right Back

Winger (left and Right)

Box to box midfielder

Up and coming

Striker

Midfield

Winger

I for one just can't see us making the moves in the market. I reckon we will get two or three first teamers and a couple of squad players/prospects which is going to leave us worse off than where we were a year ago... Any manager would struggle with the above tbh, more so the pleb we have in charge at the moment (although he's not helped at all by fat boy and ratboy).

We release players and nonchalantly forget/ignore/reject the need to replace them adequately... Oh well!

You genuinely think it's possible for us to sign 10 or 11 players in one window?

I genuinely think that we should be capable of signing four or five premier league standard players and two/three youngsters from lower and/or foreign leagues. We are getting rid of 6 (maybe 7 - Colo) and we didn't replace two or three adequately last year. Not a case of possible but MUST as a minimum to progress (does Fatboy want progress...hahaha). We have two months till the start of the season and if Ashley were to say here's 40M... hey presto!

But they should have been signed the previous summer and then another two or three in the winter to get us back to even keel... Leaving this summer for a replacement of 5-6 players.

We are down eight or ten players once the current lot leave/shipped

I reckon we will get two or three first teamers and a couple of squad players/prospects

If we do this we'll be in good shape. A striker, winger, and centre half will leave us with a very solid first eleven.

Krul

Debuchy - NEW CB - Yanga-Mbiwa - Santon

Anita - Sissoko - Cabaye

Ben Arfa - Cisse - NEW LW

A couple of squad players or young talents will surely be better placed to do something than the likes of Gosling, Shola, or Obertan. Harper going is no loss, he was already finished. Elliot is capable back-up, then we have young lads to fight it out for 3rd choice.

I reckon we will get two or three first teamers and a couple of squad players/prospects

If we do this we'll be in good shape. A striker, winger, and centre half will leave us with a very solid first eleven.

Krul

Debuchy - NEW CB - Yanga-Mbiwa - Santon

Anita - Sissoko - Cabaye

Ben Arfa - Cisse - NEW LW

A couple of squad players or young talents will surely be better placed to do something than the likes of Gosling, Shola, or Obertan. Harper going is no loss, he was already finished. Elliot is capable back-up, then we have young lads to fight it out for 3rd choice.

Yes, I agree we will have a decent FIRST ELEVEN, but what happens when we have three players out injured and another with a three match ban... WE ARE FUNCKED!