Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Some of these won't be realistic due to wage/fees but fuck it, relegated players (please bear in mind most of these would be squad players) -

McCarthy

Maloney

Al-Habsi

Kone

Samba

Onuoha

Remy

Hoilett

Le Fondre

What's Bony's situation? Any other decent strikers of his ilk knocking around Holland or Belgium?

That Finnbogason from Heerenveen looks pretty good when i'v watched him also. Not sure how much he would cost.

Yeah he's done really well this season and should be relatively cheap. 24 goals in 31 games isn't bad at all and he's scored them in all sorts of ways. However given how well Altidore has done over there it worries me that the level of play isn't that great for strikers. 

Could definitely see Maloney at Sunderland.

I actually don't mind the Eredivisie - not up to scratch on other leagues but can be enjoyable. Always question marks over players in that league but quite a lot of them do seem to have something about them, defo not to the depths of Alfonso Alves anyway.

According to Bony's agent he's off in the summer and two pl clubs have offered 10m for his services.

Also i don't like Samba i find him incredibly overrated always have but how would he be realistic considering the wages he's been on at QPR and Anzhi?

Interesting. I can see us being one of them actually, weren't we linked in Jan? I remember Liverpool were.

According to Bony's agent he's off in the summer and two pl clubs have offered 10m for his services.

Also i don't like Samba i find him incredibly overrated always have but how would he be realistic considering the wages he's been on at QPR and Anzhi?

Interesting. I can see us being one of them actually, weren't we linked in Jan? I remember Liverpool were.

West 'Am were massively linked IIRC.

It always seems like the decent forwards in Holland score roughly a goal a game (sometimes more than a goal a game) which is ridiculous.

Kuyt went from around 1 in 1.5 to 1 in 4.

Kezman 1 in 1.16 to 1 in 5.

Alves 1 in 0.87 to 1 in 4.

:lol:

Obviously there are exceptions but I struggle to take the goal to game ratio over there seriously.

West 'Am were massively linked IIRC.

Shock horror. Hopefully we get him in, need a target man that isn't Shola.

It always seems like the decent forwards in Holland score roughly a goal a game (sometimes more than a goal a game) which is ridiculous.

Obviously there are exceptions but I struggle to take the goal to game ratio over there seriously.

Not this shit again :anguish:

What's wrong there? :lol: just pointing out goal to games ratios shouldn't be a key factor when looking at eredivisie players. It doesn't mean there aren't any good players there, the best forwards currently in this league came from there but it isn't an indication of a good striker.

A bit like Scotland ;)

Not this s*** again :anguish:

What's wrong there? :lol: just pointing out goal to games ratios shouldn't be a key factor when looking at eredivisie players. It doesn't mean there aren't any good players there, the best forwards currently in this league came from there but it isn't an indication of a good striker.

A bit like Scotland ;)

Your post started off so well too.. :lol:

In all seriousness, of course not all strikers who do well at Eredivisie level will do well at the Premiership level, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that it is an excellent hunting ground for attacking talent. People often use the argument you just made, by pointing at a few examples, and conveniently forget that not every transfer even between Premiership clubs is a success for the buying party (for ex: Carroll to Liverpool). Sometimes a move doesn't work out, it happens, which is not to say the performance that earned the player the move is in any way compromised or overrated (again I would like to point at AC9 as an example).

:thup:

Dutch league is shit anyways. But in defense of the dutch guy too, Kuyt wasn't really a striker when he played for Liverpool so did well to get 1 in 4 tbf. The guy ran like no one else, a less talented Tevez.

From the three relegated teams I would try and sign:

Wigan

Ronnie Stam  - Offers great attacking options from right back or right wing

QPR

Samba  - Can't beleive he's become so shiiite this season, worth a punt to see if he regains Blackburn form

Hoillet - Only player to offer any real attacking threat for QPR this season. Not sure about workrate

From other teams:

Andy Carrol - Knockdown price (>10 million quid)

Benteke  - Has fight, reasonable technique, scores goals and shouldn't cost over 15M

Lescott - Not getting a game at City, quality centre back

Adam lallana - Impressed me the few times I have seen southampton play. Could be a little lightweight though?

Danny Rose - Thought he has been outstanding for Mackems this season (not going to displace Walker at Spurs...)

Sigurdsson - Another player at spurs who doesn't play reguralarly. I think he would be great for that second striker/advanced midfielder role.

My "must do" buys for next season are:

Left and Right Back (simpson leaving/Raylor injured)

X2 Centre Halves (Coloccini probably leaving)

X2 Strikers (obvious)

Left Winger

Guest Roger Kint

I agree that Danny Rose wont displace Walker at Spurs, largely due to him playing in a different position though :lol:

Plus i cant see Spurs selling him seeing that AVB doesnt really think much of BAE anyway.

I agree that Danny Rose wont displace Walker at Spurs, largely due to him playing in a different position though :lol:

Plus i cant see Spurs selling him seeing that AVB doesnt really think much of BAE anyway.

Can't see us buying him either, with Santon and Haidara at the club. Both look absolutely top fullbacks so far.

There's no doubt Danny Rose will start for Spurs next season. Better than both our fullbacks in my opinion and seems to be very good going forward and has enough pace to cover up for positioning mistakes. Can see him turning into a class left-back.