Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Wouldn't be averse to signing Kone from Wigan alongwith another forward. Maybe Bony to make it a double Ivorian capture? We always leave it late regarding transfers which is always frustrating although I hope we get some business done early this time.

I wouldn't mind Kone, he's a quality player. Only hang-up being his age (29). Which seems to rule him out according to this club's transfer policy.

Arshavin just doesn't seem arsed anymore. A few years ago I would have loved him here. Definitely think there are better options out there than a 31 year old on a major decline.

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

Eder, Bony even Best. We need some form of target man since Pardew is still in charge.

Carroll would've been perfect like

Sevilla are probably going to be forced to sell Negredo, would fit the "target man that actually isn't too shit on the floor" bill. Sevilla will probably demand a truckload given the season he's just had, though, but I can't see any of the really big English/Italian teams going for him.

Atletico are class at replacing their strikers, like. Torres replaced by Aguero, Aguero replaced by Falcao. Throw Forlan in the mix too. I wonder who they've got lined up this time.

That's what I mean, Atlético fans are proud about their striker lineage, Negredo won't be enough.

Atletico are class at replacing their strikers, like. Torres replaced by Aguero, Aguero replaced by Falcao. Throw Forlan in the mix too. I wonder who they've got lined up this time.

That's what I mean, Atlético fans are proud about their striker lineage, Negredo won't be enough.

It will be Torres and the circle will begin again.

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

I reckon Forlan would be a hit, might've lost his legs a little :lol:

I reckon Forlan would be a hit, might've lost his legs a little :lol:

not as much as Dario Silva :p

Ivan Rakitic? 10goals and 10assist this season with Sevilla.. Can play all positions in the midfield. He is right winger 4 Croatia, think his price will be 8-10M euros..

Will take a great offer in order to convince him to leave Sevilla, absolutely loves the place and has married a local girl, even opened some businesses.

Leroy Fer is meant to be a canny little player isn't he? Remember us being linked with him last summer.

Everton nearly bought him in January but it didn't go through for reasons I forget. Was pricey although probably lower now though.