Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Mamadou Sakho, Joleon Lescott, Thomas Vermaelen, Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

James McCarthy, Shaun Maloney, *Jon Williams, *Yannick Bolasie, Nathan Redmond, Scott Sinclair, Valentin Stocker

Loic Remy? **Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Wilfriend Bony, Bafetimbi Gomis? Aroune Kone

* If Palace don't get promotion

** Probably not realistic any more but I'm sure he's still a target any way.

Really wonder whether we'll be able to get two good quality strikers. Even one might be a stretch.

I think we only need one striker especially if he can play wide too.

Cisse, Gouffran, Shola and a new striker would be enough IMO

I would hope Colo stays so we don't have to bother with a CB and then look at a winger and a DM/AM depending on what system we use ( DM if we use 4-3-3 and AM if we use 4-2-3-1)

I've no idea what's happened to Vermaelen this season. Beforehand, he looked like one of the best centre backs in the Premiership.

If he returns to his previous form, he'd be a brilliant buy, but they'd need to get to the bottom of why things have gone off the rails.

I would hope Colo stays so we don't have to bother with a CB and then look at a winger and a DM/AM depending on what system we use ( DM if we use 4-3-3 and AM if we use 4-2-3-1)

Im seriously hoping Shola will leave. Maybe to a newly promoted team or a team looking for promotion next year.

come on, if shola gets any time (PL) on the pitch this season we will be the biggest joke ever - if not already! its over for him - or at least it should be!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4vil5J6uA1qj3ir1.gif

But no.

I've no idea what's happened to Vermaelen this season. Beforehand, he looked like one of the best centre backs in the Premiership.

If he returns to his previous form, he'd be a brilliant buy, but they'd need to get to the bottom of why things have gone off the rails.

He never has been, people just ignored his awful positional sense and overall defensive skills because he's skillfull on the ball and scored goals.

He's a terrible defender always has been whose headless chicken defending was masked by Gallas excellent covering in his first season and people have rated him ever since.

He won't get back to that level because there's never a level to get back to the only way to disguise this is to get a prime Gallas level CB for his partner.

We need two strikers at least I'd say. One as a 'target man' as Cisse is awful at it and Pardew seemingly insists on playing it and one all-round striker (someone a bit more like Remy for example).

Shola also needs to leave. Then we have Cisse -> New player -> New player -> Gouffran (more of a starting wide player/backup striker) -> Vuckic/Campbell

Lescott, Aubameyang, Remy and whatever wideplayer that can cross and actually get past a defender.

You're looking at the best part of 40m there. Never going to happen. In fact, wouldn't surprise me to see us not get in a new striker again if we don't believe we're getting value for money.

If Aubameyang signed for us i would question his mental health.

Offer him enough money and like the rest of the French lads he'll be over here quick as you like unless someone offers more.

Lescott, Aubameyang, Remy and whatever wideplayer that can cross and actually get past a defender.

You're looking at the best part of 40m there. Never going to happen. In fact, wouldn't surprise me to see us not get in a new striker again if we don't believe we're getting value for money.

Lescott is apparently available for less than 5m, Remy has a 8m clause and Aubameyang is supposedly available for 10m.

That is 23m max, although i don't believe we need Remy and Aubameyang. If we were to buy two strikers it should be a target man and Remy/Aubameyang as they are quite similar except Aubameyang is more skillful and a better passer.

Lescott is apparently available for less than 5m, Remy has a 8m clause and Aubameyang is supposedly available for 10m.

That is 23m max, although i don't believe we need Remy and Aubameyang. If we were to buy two strikers it should be a target man and Remy/Aubameyang as they are quite similar except Aubameyang is more skillful and a better passer.

If Ashley and co still look at deals including wages, then it'll probably push the £40m mark, factoring in contracts as well as transfer fee.

If Ashley and co still look at deals including wages, then it'll probably push the £40m mark, factoring in contracts as well as transfer fee.

Ah good point, but as far as they are concerned January's splurge was 30m+  :lol:

Ah good point, but as far as they are concerned January's splurge was 30m+  :lol:

It probably will be close to £40m, but with the new tv deal and all the extra that brings, maybe just maybe Ashley will actually back his manager this summer.

Nah, who am I kidding..

It will be interesting to see the type of players we bring in after Pardew survives for now and has indicated he wants players with PL experience in. That runs contrary to our transfers so far and with a budget in mind, it could be either/or for the likes of PEA and PL players.

I can't see Ashley passing on a bargain from the French leagues if they are available though.