Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Apparently Real Madrid are looking to loan out Nuri Sahin next season. Marca cites "several Premier League clubs" as interested...

Mate who supports Gladbach is pretty sure he's off there next season.

Marca pundit claims that's not what Mourinho prefers. He thinks he needs "toughening up" (same thing was said about Canales last season, interestingly) and Bundesliga is his comfort zone.

What a waste. Should've (predictably) stayed at BVB.

When will players learn?

Can't fault players wanting to move to big clubs if they think they have the ability to succeed there. It worked for Özil so it might have worked for Sahin. If they stay put when it becomes clear that they won't be given opportunities (hello Granero), then it's time to move.

Real Madrid do need another creative midfielder anyway, they depend a lot on Alonso.

Can't fault players wanting to move to big clubs if they think they have the ability to succeed there. It worked for Özil so it might have worked for Sahin.

Real Madrid do need another creative midfielder anyway, they depend a lot on Alonso.

danny guthrie has yet to sign his contract i believe.

Can't fault players wanting to move to big clubs if they think they have the ability to succeed there. It worked for Özil so it might have worked for Sahin.

I dunno, despite the odd time it works I still feel far too many players are forced to move too early by agents/ego/clubs when they need nothing more but regular football to continue developing.

It's probably just personal thing as I'd prefer to see the talent spread around rather than being hoovered by big clubs, often for little more reason than to stop others having them.

Although tbf to Sahin his injury didn't help his case.

I dunno, despite the odd time it works I still feel far too many players are forced to move too early by agents/ego/clubs when they need nothing more but regular football to continue developing.

It's probably just personal thing as I'd prefer to see the talent spread around rather than being hoovered by big clubs, often for little more reason than to stop others having them.

Although tbf to Sahin his injury didn't help his case.

Certainly I too would prefer if talented players stayed where they are, but I understand they want to prove themselves at bigger clubs. Madrid did need somebody like Sahin anyway, as I said Alonso doesn't have cover (best squad in the world!) and they have been fortunate with his fitness.

Sahin has been fit since November. He started in two meaningless cup games and the CL when they had already clinched first, and was never seen again.

Guest Tyson

We'd be better off signing Kenwyn Jones (a battering ram, but not a footballer) if Pardew fails to see the limitations accompanying his current & overall team philosophy, which is just about on with on Pulis' sucker-punch approach albeit without Stoke's narrower pitch & longer throw-ins.

We'd be better off signing Kenwyn Jones (a battering ram, but not a footballer) if Pardew fails to see the limitations accompanying his current & overall team philosophy, which is just about on with on Pulis' sucker-punch approach albeit without Stoke's narrower pitch & longer throw-ins.

:scared:

don't say shit like that out loud man

Guest MrSundlofer

Who will replace Cheick Tioté?

We will most likely lose our defensive midfielder in the summer, one of our best players. Even Derek Llambias has confirmed that. Who will replace him?

Any realistic targets on the market?

We will most likely lose our defensive midfielder in the summer, one of our best players. Even Derek Llambias has confirmed that. Who will replace him?

Llambias said nothing of the sort.

Guest MrSundlofer

Llambias said nothing of the sort.

“We’ll be losing one or two names this summer, but that’ll be regenerated back into the squad, for instance, Tiote has been with us a year and a half. He is out there. People know he’s a good player. He’s proven in the Premier League. How are we going to stop a big club from coming in for him? It’ll be very hard. If someone knocks on the door, the reality may be that we have to trade.”

It will be very hard to keep Cheick Tioté in the summer.

Guest MrSundlofer

Instead of making 50 comments about what Llambias said and didn't said can we please return to the question: Who will replace Tioté if he leaves? Any realistic targets?

More complains? Send me a PM  :thup:

Guest MrSundlofer

I think the question centered more around you presenting Llambias' comments out of context and thus in the most negative light possible.

Okay.

Guest Tyson

We'd be better off signing Kenwyn Jones (a battering ram, but not a footballer) if Pardew fails to see the limitations accompanying his current & overall team philosophy, which is just about on par with Pulis' sucker-punch approach albeit without Stoke's narrower pitch & longer throw-ins.

:scared:

don't say s*** like that out loud man

Memos to the pitch curators are already in the pipeline.

;)

Guest MrSundlofer

The question is about as relevant as asking what keeper would replace Krul, or who we'd buy if Ba leaves, etc.

You have spent the last hour disproving me how wrong I have when stating it's a risk Tioté will leave in the summer :lol:

It's a thread called "Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2012" and I am asking who will replace Tioté if we sell him.

Instead of making 50 comments about what Llambias said and didn't said can we please return to the question: Who will replace Tioté if he leaves? Any realistic targets?

More complains? Send me a PM  :thup:

Diame, Mulumbu, Kara, Moussa Sissoko