What would the majority prefer?

Guest ToonUltra
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know what TooonDoom means but it's an issue that takes seconds to sort out man, howay. :lol: You click new, you realise you haven't read that thread in a few weeks and you have a quick click around and you're at the posts from today.  It even says Today in bold above the post.  I thought I needed my hand held. :lol:

:nods:

Mind you, I didn't know the "new" button existed until a few months ago :laugh:

I've been registered here for about 6 years (most of them lurking) and thought I knew how the forum worked and all that. Clearly not :laugh:

And yeah, I really like the merging of threads tbh.  It did my head in when there were effectively 2 or 3 transfer threads in the summer so God knows how I'd feel if there was one about Ben Arfa's last game, Ben Arfa's injury, Ben Arfa's mental health, Ben Arfa's body language, Ben Arfa being French, a thread for each of Ben Arfa's limbs (that's FOUR threads), songs about Ben Arfa, the fact that Ben Afra almost rhymes with John Carver (coincidence?), Ben Arfa training pics, etc.

With like 4 posts in each thread.  Nar thanks.

If people are that bothered by having to scroll back to find the start of a story, maybe when a title is updated it could include a page number for when that topic began.

Just a suggestion, Ive never found it difficult to find what I want.

Second this. It's done for the match threads, and would be useful -

eg "Davide Santon sent for scan after knee injury (pg 95)"

Good idea :thup:

Yeah that would be cool. If this was maintained it could be quite interesting down the line to see a history of the players key topics.

And yeah, I really like the merging of threads tbh.  It did my head in when there were effectively 2 or 3 transfer threads in the summer so God knows how I'd feel if there was one about Ben Arfa's last game, Ben Arfa's injury, Ben Arfa's mental health, Ben Arfa's body language, Ben Arfa being French, a thread for each of Ben Arfa's limbs (that's FOUR threads), songs about Ben Arfa, the fact that Ben Afra almost rhymes with John Carver (coincidence?), Ben Arfa training pics, etc.

With like 4 posts in each thread.  Nar thanks.

Conversely, I'm now sold on the second option.

:fwap:

Think we should try the RTG approach for a few days here, just to liven the place up.

I'm off to start 25 topics about N'Zogbia and another 5 about about the Magedia http://files-cdn.formspring.me/profile/20110515/n4dd0721e5a95e_large.jpg

Guest ToonUltra

why the comparison? i dont think this is even close, ATTOTD we can spell, string a sentance together and eat a pasty without the spillage of crumbs. And them, what?  dont even know TBH....

why the comparison? i dont think this is even close, ATTOTD we can spell, string a sentance together and eat a pasty without the spillage of crumbs. And them, what?  dont even know TBH....

We can talk about things without starting a new thread every a thought comes into our heads.

It's one of the many reasons we are better than them :)

Guest TheSummerOf69

We can talk about things without starting a new thread every a thought comes into our heads.

It's one of the many reasons we are better than them :)

That and the fact our reserves have got a mean free kick in their locker!  ;D

Guest Melbourne Toon

If people are that bothered by having to scroll back to find the start of a story, maybe when a title is updated it could include a page number for when that topic began.

Second this. It's done for the match threads, and would be useful -

eg "Davide Santon sent for scan after knee injury (pg 95)"

Good idea :thup:

Yeah that would be cool. If this was maintained it could be quite interesting down the line to see a history of the players key topics.

I was going to suggest this as well, It would be great to not have to scroll back though the discussion about the newest article.

:snod:

Toon Ultra, I doff my cap to you, a true master of irony...

:snod:

I third this.