A huge well done to Jose Mourinho.

Guest thenorthumbrian

He blatantly wants to do what his mentor Sir Bobby couldn't and win a trophy with us. I saw him interviewed about it, he said "Before I retire I have to go to my spiritual home of Newcastle and lead them to the promised land" and I, for one, believe him.

He blatantly wants to do what his mentor Sir Bobby couldn't and win a trophy with us. I saw him interviewed about it, he said "Before I retire I have to go to my spiritual home of Newcastle and lead them to the promised land" and I, for one, believe him.

No way he ever said that. :lol:

No, but it's top class bullshit :lol:

Hmmm, what gave it away?

Hmmm, what gave it away?

:lol: The Real Mourinho would have said it in a different way of English.  :snod:

Most Real Madrid fans I know fuming about Mourinho coming out with this... they somehow were deluded into thinking he would be their manager until the End of Days, despite he always saying that he eventually wanted to go back to the PL...

Marca already running a cover claiming that Löw will be his successor.

Don't think he's enjoying it that much tbh. I guess he's enjoying the Champions League, the later stages of the Copa del Rey and of course, the battle with Barca.

But I can't imagine that Mourinho is enjoying the 'challenge' of beating teams with a fantasy line-up by fantasy-results week in week out.

In the PL, there's a challenge every week. Think Man City and Man Utd aren't as far ahead of the other clubs as Real and Barca are in Spain.

Meh, if he wanted a challenge he could take over a second tier club. It's not like his Chelsea squad was arranged on a shoestring. And Inter were pretty much miles ahead of everybody else when he took over. It's just that he seems unable to settle in a given place, he's probably too volatile for that. Fair enough.

I suppose he'll turn up in Marca/AS denying he meant that, anyway. Real Madrid are pretty big on their "nobody ever wants to leave Real Madrid" mentality, and that's been an enjoyable slap to their ego amidst the dullness of the winter break. 

Meh, if he wanted a challenge he could take over a second tier club. It's not like his Chelsea squad was arranged on a shoestring. And Inter were pretty much miles ahead of everybody else when he took over. It's just that he seems unable to settle in a given place, he's probably too volatile for that. Fair enough.

I suppose he'll turn up in Marca/AS denying he meant that, anyway. Real Madrid are pretty big on their "nobody ever wants to leave Real Madrid" mentality, and that's been an enjoyable slap to their ego amidst the dullness of the winter break. 

Its not that he's unable to settle its just that he can't stay any longer because of the teams he builds.  He doesn't bring youngsters through and buys players at their peak and nearing their thirties.  Its fair enough as he wins stuff but its not always ideal for the long term prospects of the club.  If he stayed any longer at Inter he'd be stuck with the ageing, slightly unmotivated players that the following managers were lumped with.

Its not that he's unable to settle its just that he can't stay any longer because of the teams he builds.  He doesn't bring youngsters through and buys players at their peak and nearing their thirties.  Its fair enough as he wins stuff but its not always ideal for the long term prospects of the club.  If he stayed any longer at Inter he'd be stuck with the ageing, slightly unmotivated players that the following managers were lumped with.

Agree about Inter. The team he built at Chelsea was able to compete for several years after him, though. At Madrid, he's already bought some young players who weren't expensive, too.

Real Madrid is the first one that he's starting to break the cycle, probably because he knows he can't really get a bigger job.  Chelsea I sort of agree, it wasn't as bad as Inter, but I still reckon he could've done more.  As I said though, he gets results and chairmen know what they're getting with him so you can't argue too much.

Real Madrid is the first one that he's starting to break the cycle, probably because he knows he can't really get a bigger job.  Chelsea I sort of agree, it wasn't as bad as Inter, but I still reckon he could've done more.  As I said though, he gets results and chairmen know what they're getting with him so you can't argue too much.

No, it's true. Club wants to win the Champions League in let's say 3 years time - call Mourinho. After that, who cares?

Still think he'll change once he eventually gets to Man Utd. He'll be there for the long term.