Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Eh surely if that's all it was about he would just put sports direct on out shirts?

Not as easy to get us into Europe though.  Wonga pay £30m for the 4 year deal.  Tenants paid Celtic £1.5m a year.

If NUFC invested heavily enough to challenge the European places it would put a huge dint in the finances too.  If we then didn't make it into Europe it's a much more expensive gamble to have lost than it would be to throw £10m at players for Rangers and have them qualify, even if they had to pay off the current Sponsor.

And I wouldn't say that "Newcastle in Europe offers literally nothing to Mike Ashley". When we were in the Europa League couple of seasons back, the SD advertising boards included the opposition's country ccTLD domain.

It's shit for him. If he is not to jeopardize our Premiership status with Pardew in charge, he needs to invest heavily, which will never happen. Europa League is a nightmare for them.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Ashley has increased United's debts, is taking millions out of the club,is using the St James' as an advertisng hoarding worth millions to him.

He is a proven liar, as confirned by an employment tribunal.

He uses cheap labour in his factories and employs people in the UK on disgusting zero hour contracts.

He is a parasite on Newcastle United, on the Geordie people and it will be the same for Rangers.

He is a parasite on humanity.

Ashley has increased United's debts, is taking millions out of the club,is using the St James' as an advertisng hoarding worth millions to him.

He uses cheap labour in his factories and employs people in the UK on disgusting zero hour contracts.

He is a parasite on Newcastle United, on the Geordie people and it will be the same for Rangers.

Agree with all of that but I thought he hasnt taken money out of the club bar a small percentage of what he was owed

Agree with all of that but I thought he hasnt taken money out of the club bar a small percentage of what he was owed

What has happened to all the TV money? over £50M last year alone wasn't it?

It was included in the accounts . We barely made a profit I don't think. I think this years will give a better idea

Guest neesy111

It was included in the accounts . We barely made a profit I don't think. I think this years will give a better idea

Last years account haven't been submitted yet.

Last years account haven't been submitted yet.

That's what I mean then. I'm still sure so far that he hasn't taken money out. Someone would have to confirm that though cos I'm not sure

Nearer £80m with the prize money for 10th, etc. All gone.

I don't think he has, the test will come now when we're looking at 2 years of decent profit. And then the debate about what level of debt repayment is OK... I'll be on holiday for that.

As long as the interest free nature of the loan/debt is being used as an argument by the club for the non-payment for Sports Direct having been plastered all over SJP I don't think any debt repayment is OK unless the club benefit from it in a tangible way.

Despite all the crap he's subjected us to over the years, I would be more than happy to give him my support IF......

He said look I proven I can make a profit out of running a football club, I'm going to change direction a bit now and try to push the club on. I'll make substantial funds available during the upcoming transfer windows to make the club competitive.

I'll not sell our best talent unless a deal comes along that clearly benefits the club and we have suitable replacements recruited immediately.

I'll bring in a manager and coaching staff that will challenge the best in this country and ultimately Europe. I'll ensure they have the facilities to make Newcastle United a great club once more.

... sorry was drifting off into a dream I think. 

The sad thing is that much if not all of this is so achievable for him and wouldn't require a huge outlay of money, he's got the foundations in place at the club. If he made some wise managerial appointments for a change and just invested a little (or even just recycled the money already generated by the club) he could make even more money , you would think as a business man and a gambler he would see the potential to do that.

Despite all the crap he's subjected us to over the years, I would be more than happy to give him my support IF......

He said look I proven I can make a profit out of running a football club, I'm going to change direction a bit now and try to push the club on. I'll make substantial funds available during the upcoming transfer windows to make the club competitive.

I'll not sell our best talent unless a deal comes along that clearly benefits the club and we have suitable replacements recruited immediately.

I'll bring in a manager and coaching staff that will challenge the best in this country and ultimately Europe. I'll ensure they have the facilities to make Newcastle United a great club once more.

... sorry was drifting off into a dream I think. 

The sad thing is that much if not all of this is so achievable for him and wouldn't require a huge outlay of money, he's got the foundations in place at the club. If he made some wise managerial appointments for a change and just invested a little (or even just recycled the money already generated by the club) he could make even more money , you would think as a business man and a gambler he would see the potential to do that.

the profile he and sports direct would gain from a successful NUFC ( and I accept within a sensible financial structure) would be enormous- I dont think he is anywhere near aware how big it can be.

Nearer £80m with the prize money for 10th, etc. All gone.

There should be at least £30m of it unspent, we won't know for sure exactly where it is until we see the latest financial report.

see Rangers fans kicking off already reckon the deal he has for the merchandise is r****g them of cash, nowt new then.

We're they not going to go bust till he got involved?

From what I read in that article there was funding for 16 million which was scuppered when he got (more) involved, so no, I don't think so, not immediately anyway.

I don't think he has, the test will come now when we're looking at 2 years of decent profit. And then the debate about what level of debt repayment is OK... I'll be on holiday for that.

:lol:

It's fucking unfathomable people still take this stance. This will be the fourth year of "decent profit". Nothing will happen, except the club continuing to be shafted into oblivion.

I've already requested the street be closed for the releasing of the next accounts because they're probably going to be the best the footballing world* has ever seen. Best street party NE6 has seen.

*actually not a joke, the profit should be unreal with Cabaye+TV.