Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

People don't get the NDA part do they? We're now in to that phase as to where the NDA is important and this is why we are hearing nothing, not a whimper as it's possible any leak of any information could be seen as breaking that agreement.

It's good its gone quiet, it means it's progressing, if suddenly we start hearing shite again then it's over and we have an issue if there isn't a concrete bid.

Obviously im wanting rid of Ashley but the negativity that he has created from his tenure makes it almost impossible to comprehend the thought of him ever leaving so a lot of my thoughts are kind of a double bluff to tempt fate but putting on my logic head, I too reckon there's only one real party of interest.  Just dont know how long they've been sniffing and for all we know, they could have set Ashley a deadline themselves.

People don't get the NDA part do they? We're now in to that phase as to where the NDA is important and this is why we are hearing nothing, not a whimper as it's possible any leak of any information could be seen as breaking that agreement.

It's good its gone quiet, it means it's progressing, if suddenly we start hearing s**** again then it's over and we have an issue if there isn't a concrete bid.

Yep

It's good its gone quiet, it means it's progressing, if suddenly we start hearing s**** again then it's over and we have an issue if there isn't a concrete bid.

If this refers to me then history is one area where anything to do with Ashley should be treat with the greatest trepidation.  The list is long to start with before you refer to him being a multi liar in court.  Just hope this does come off because id hate to be one of those that have all their eggs in this basket.

It's good its gone quiet, it means it's progressing, if suddenly we start hearing shite again then it's over and we have an issue if there isn't a concrete bid.

Exactly right. Only the parties involved in the discussion get the NDA. No chance Lee Ryders got one :lol:.

He'd still be sat with Charnley, staring blankly out of the window, trying to work out the date.

Again, whilst NDA's are legal things that are intended to stop things leaking out, we dont even know the length of these or the terms they have been agreed under. We could never hear another word on this if talks break down and be twiddling thumbs in 10 years time still waiting.

We would hear if talks broke down. The nda doesn't mean no one can speak about the takeover, it means the party who's signed it can't talk about their findings throughout the due diligence period. At least that's my vague understanding.

What a club like Newcastle needs is not an investor who will use the above methods but a sugar daddy who will transform the club in a similar way to Chelsea under Abramovic or Manchester City under Sheik Mansour.

I disagree, I think with proper sponsorship and commercial deals we can see NUFC spend pretty competitively in the league, like other teams have had to do.

You look at Spurs and they don't have a Sugar Daddy.

Guest Howaythetoon

What a club like Newcastle needs is not an investor who will use the above methods but a sugar daddy who will transform the club in a similar way to Chelsea under Abramovic or Manchester City under Sheik Mansour.

I disagree, I think with proper sponsorship and commercial deals we can see NUFC spend pretty competitively in the league, like other teams have had to do.

They do have very expensive season tickets however. I broadly agree mind, we are probably operating down by at least 10-15% of our potential commercial revenue.

I'm really in two minds about what kind of owner we could have. If we get an Abramovic/City type owner or owners realistically we could become  a super club, and with it a successful club. Dream stuff really.

But ran properly and out our maximum without a sugar daddy figure, we could build towards becoming a top end established club regularly competing in Europe and for cups. I'd be more than happy with that as that is the level we were kind of at before Ashley.

Obviously football has changed a lot, but we are still one of the wealthiest club's in the world, in top 20 I believe, right at this moment. If Ashley improved our commercial revenue, invested in the academy and youth set up and handed the manager a reasonable budget of say £50m a year I'm sure under Rafa we would get back to the kind of club we used to be, without the drama of course that followed Freddy Shepherd's era.

It is well within him and indeed the club. But he simply cannot see it or is not willing to (or capable of intellectually if you like) and therefore we have to be rid of him. His time is up.

I'd love to see players like Aguero at Newcastle and to see us win the CL for example, but I don't mind if we lose Ashley and just become a normal club ran to our maximum, because in Rafa we have a manager who can do really well here as he is already doing and doing so when the club is being run on empty almost.

Absolutely, its completely wrong IMO that we need someone to throw money at us.  Just running the club well and being ambitious would be enough to increase revenue significantly.

Get all our fans completely behind the club and the city buzzing, more shirts will sell, fans will be prepared to pay more for tickets.  The clubs image will improve and bring in better sponsorship deals, plus money from actually selling adds in the stadium rather than giving the space to Sports Direct.  We can finish higher in the league, get back into Europe.  Its very possible to build huge revenues here with good ambitious ownership and the right manager, and we already have the right manager.

They do have very expensive season tickets however. I broadly agree mind, we are probably operating down by at least 10-15% of our potential commercial revenue.

I'm really in two minds about what kind of owner we could have. If we get an Abramovic/City type owner or owners realistically we could become  a super club, and with it a successful club. Dream stuff really.

But ran properly and out our maximum without a sugar daddy figure, we could build towards becoming a top end established club regularly competing in Europe and for cups. I'd be more than happy with that as that is the level we were kind of at before Ashley.

Obviously football has changed a lot, but we are still one of the wealthiest club's in the world, in top 20 I believe, right at this moment. If Ashley improved our commercial revenue, invested in the academy and youth set up and handed the manager a reasonable budget of say £50m a year I'm sure under Rafa we would get back to the kind of club we used to be, without the drama of course that followed Freddy Shepherd's era.

It is well within him and indeed the club. But he simply cannot see it or is not willing to (or capable of intellectually if you like) and therefore we have to be rid of him. His time is up.

I'd love to see players like Aguero at Newcastle and to see us win the CL for example, but I don't mind if we lose Ashley and just become a normal club ran to our maximum, because in Rafa we have a manager who can do really well here as he is already doing and doing so when the club is being run on empty almost.

This completely.

Guest Howaythetoon

Absolutely, its completely wrong IMO that we need someone to throw money at us.  Just running the club well and being ambitious would be enough to increase revenue significantly.

It can be done organically if you like, from within, without external money being pumped in.

Again, we could potentially earn upto 10-15% more in commercial revenue and if I owned the club, I'd rather spend say 20m on the academy than a random player because investing in that can yield huge rewards.

That could be the blueprint for the club's future. Invest in infrastructure, coaching, development etc.

Imagine a conveyor belt of talent coming through into the first team every few years. We would save millions on transfer fees, wages and even agents fees and should we ever produce a great player, we could have an asset worth 30m plus as we did with Carroll that could be used to reinvest, which never materialised with his sale obviously.

Of course you'd want to keep your best players and not sell them, but Spurs have done really well this last decade and Southampton to a lesser degree by investing in youth and selling to keep reinvesting.

I'd happily subscribe to that kind of model.

In a selfish fuck it kind of way though, if what happened to Chelsea and City happens to us, bring it on. Long suffering fans deserve it and the way the game is now anyway, its just the extreme side of an already extreme way of how it all works.

I don't think getting the Chelsea/man city treatment is as galling a prospect as it once was. It's by no means a guarantee of total success anymore and more a guarantee of chances. Especially with Rafa I'd trust the club had the right mindset.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think getting the Chelsea/man city treatment is as galling a prospect as it once was. It's by no means a guarantee of total success anymore and more a guarantee of chances. Especially with Rafa I'd trust the club had the right mindset.

Such an injection of investment catapults a club or team to such heights it transforms everything. City go from a yo-yo club where the likes of Shaun Goater are considered a legend to winning the title with Aguero and prizing away one of their rivals' best players overnight.

Chelsea were not so much an overnight thing, they were on the up and up, but it wasn't sustainable and without Abramovic you could be looking at another Leeds had he not bought them, easily.

Such a level of investment in NUFC, with what we already have and under Rafa would transform us over night, I'm in no doubt.

And I'm sure that's the prize on offer at the moment, it has to be. There is no other reason, sadly, to buy us, because you will not make any money and although we can be run much much better and be improved much much more, that's no kind of prize. Finishing second is still losing...

Interesting times lie ahead for our club, again, as long as we are run competently and to our maximum, I really don't care because I would never ever be dismissive of our club or team so long as it tries to be the best it can. If that's aiming for a top 8 and a cup or a CL place so be it. As long as this club and that team trye and be the best it can be which as we all know is a million miles away from where we are with Ashley as owner. Basically a store front for SD and a play thing for a fucking idiot man child.

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh no I agree with that I just mean the stigma of buying success is surely less now than a decade ago. With the influx of cash into pl it seems the way things are going for better or worse.

Ah right, yeah agreed. Like the old saying, if you can't beat em...

It's taken a long time for Spuds to get where they are, and they've been making the right decisions, time and time again over that period. Even when they hired the wrong manager, Ramos, they quickly rectified that. They've done this on the back of all the money commercially it is possible to make a big London club. They've also won absolutely nothing during this period.

We are not in their position and never will be thanks to geography and affluence levels. Trying to model ourselves on Spuds, will mean we are looking at a long process where we get all our decision making correct, still be essentially a selling club (which Spuds have had to be to get to where they are) and hope some of the diamonds in the rough turn out to be gems like Bale, Alli and Kane have been. They've managed themselves really well but they've also been extremely lucky (or extremely good at talent spotting) with their transfer business.

In essence the only way to realistically be dining at the top table is a sugar daddy, it's a closed shop and that is the only way in. Spuds will lose Kane and Alli soon because they are still that kind of club, that hasn't changed yet, they'll get a ton of money of course for them, but if they get their replacements wrong, they are back to just existing as a PL club, which is what the bulk of the league aspires to unfortunately.

Honestly, I want to see NUFC win something in my lifetime, I was one month old the last time we did. Therefore outside a lucky cup run, or a once in a lifetime, Leicester type season, the only way we'll ever get there is through a sugar daddy type investor.

Guest Howaythetoon

A training academy producing a first team of 11 Geordies.

A first team of 11 Ameobis...  :smitten:

Seriously, I don't care where they are from, you want to see more local lads of course, but in this day and age it doesn't really matter.

I think we could secure a top 8 -7 position in the league regularly, if we could increase our commercial side, remove SD and only spend what we generate. However, if we want to crash the top 4 quickly and be amongst it on a regularly basis then I think a large amount of money will have to be spent on the team quickly.

I would love a slow build and watch the club grow but 10 years of Ashley has made me wanting a super quick fix for all the years that have been wasted.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's taken a long time for Spuds to get where they are, and they've been making the right decisions, time and time again over that period. Even when they hired the wrong manager, Ramos, they quickly rectified that. They've done this on the back of all the money commercially it is possible to make a big London club. They've also won absolutely nothing during this period.

We are not in their position and never will be thanks to geography and affluence levels. Trying to model ourselves on Spuds, will mean we are looking at a long process where we get all our decision making correct, still be essentially a selling club (which Spuds have had to be to get to where they are) and hope some of the diamonds in the rough turn out to be gems like Bale, Alli and Kane have been. They've managed themselves really well but they've also been extremely lucky (or extremely good at talent spotting) with their transfer business.

In essence the only way to realistically be dining at the top table is a sugar daddy, it's a closed shop and that is the only way in. Spuds will lose Kane and Alli soon because they are still that kind of club, that hasn't changed yet, they'll get a ton of money of course for them, but if they get their replacements wrong, they are back to just existing as a PL club, which is what the bulk of the league aspires to unfortunately.

Honestly, I want to see NUFC win something in my lifetime, I was one month old the last time we did. Therefore outside a lucky cup run, or a once in a lifetime, Leicester type season, the only way we'll ever get there is through a sugar daddy type investor.

I see what you're saying and you'r right in many ways, but you have to understand what Spurs are all about these days which is qualifying for the CL and not such much looking to win the title and given the so-called top 4, they are showing the way so to speak. It is  only a matter of time until they win a trophy for me. Take away Wembley this season and I'd fancy them for the title just as much as anyone for example.

I wouldn't say they have been lucky, they have been very deliberate in their ways. Sadly, they can never realistically hope to win the title or become a regular title challenging side without a sugar daddy because their model relies on several factors. Kane and Ali could net them 150m, but when Kyle Walker goes for 50m...

They probably have the best all-round manager in the game at the moment though, should they lose him...