Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Ra's Al Ghul.

"The League of Shadows has been a check against human corruption for thousands of years. We sacked Rome; loaded trade ships with plague rats; burned London to the ground. Every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance. We're here to fuck Newcastle over good and proper."

We're probably about three days away from:

"Sources close to Mike Ashley have indicated that none of the interested parties are close to meeting the desired valuation. He's now considering remaining as in charge of Newcastle United for the foreseeable future."

<cue outrage>

We're probably about three days away from:

"Sources close to Mike Ashley have indicated that none of the interested parties are close to meeting the desired valuation. He's now considering remaining as in charge of Newcastle United for the foreseeable future."

<cue outrage>

Nar, he'll let in run through January so he doesn't have to spend anything.

Ra's Al Ghul.

"The League of Shadows has been a check against human corruption for thousands of years. We sacked Rome; loaded trade ships with plague rats; burned London to the ground. Every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance. We're here to fuck Newcastle over good and proper."

Twats are about 20 years too late tbh :lol:

Has there been any rumours as to who is financing Amanda Staveley's bid for the club? I think it was initially reported that she would just be brokering the deal but i understand it is her who is fronting the bid? Was that the same with the failed Liverpool bid?

Has there been any rumours as to who is financing Amanda Staveley's bid for the club? I think it was initially reported that she would just be brokering the deal but i understand it is her who is fronting the bid? Was that the same with the failed Liverpool bid?

She was acting on behalf of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum in her Liverpool bid.

She was acting on behalf of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum in her Liverpool bid.

Al Maktoum was in for Liverpool?

Christ, I hope we were next on his list.

Well that's what the media claim.

I think though I maybe wrong, that he's one of the regular visitors to Newcastle/Northumberland, but it wasn't his family last week who visited, it was the Abu Dhabi Royal family who visited last week.

They also reportedly turned down the opportunity to buy us in the past (after the Man City owners interest in us).

Al Maktoum was in for Liverpool?

Christ, I hope we were next on his list.

Well that's what the media claim.

I think though I maybe wrong, that he's one of the regular visitors to Newcastle/Northumberland, but it wasn't his family last week who visited, it was the Abu Dhabi Royal family who visited last week.

They also reportedly turned down the opportunity to buy us in the past (after the Man City owners interest in us).

You would have thought the info as to who is financing it will come out sooner rather than later. 

Apologies if already mentioned but the James Richardson Podcast had a football finance expert, who advises potential buyers, giving his view on the current market.

He was asked who he would advise any potential buyer to invest in and he said without doubt Newcastle United, fanbase, facilities, growth potential puts us at the top of the list

I'm surprised there's never been any real interest in us before now.

Everything's there apart from an owner with ambition. (unless you venture into rtg where it's them 'primed for a revolution' and we're on to a hiding to nothing no matter who comes in).