Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

All that matters is the here and now to me and at last we seem to have a club that is pulling in the right direction on all levels.

Of course the board deserve their share of credit however more and more it looks like Pardew is the glue that is binding the club.

Viva la revolution!

He is an oaf and has made some shocking decisions but I can't help feel Lambias is the biggest issue for this club, its this man that runs the club, him that seems to be the one that offends and upsets people..

He is an oaf and has made some shocking decisions but I can't help feel Lambias is the biggest issue for this club, its this man that runs the club, him that seems to be the one that offends and upsets people..

Agree. Seems to have no redeeming qualities. Personally think Ashley makes all the key decisions.

Agree. Seems to have no redeeming qualities. Personally think Ashley makes all the key decisions.

Key decisions yes they are down to Ashley but those decisions will be made on advice from Lambias.

I'm delighted (if true) that we've finally managed to secure a striker with a pretty decent record.

I'm not going to praise the board for it though. They should have done this last month :lol:

TBH it's very hard to disagree with anything in that statement. If it's true and the club is on a firm financial footing now, while improvements are being made in training and development. You have to wonder why we've never had things like under soil heating in the training ground given our injury record and how bad the winters are.

Glad to see that Carr is tied up on a long term deal too, because he's had a lot of recognition recently for finding players like  :tiote:

Either way if performances on the pitch continue like they have been then I think very few people will be worrying about us breaking even.

My tin point theory is that  :pards: has had a positive influence on the board and pointed out some of the mistakes they have made.

I'm delighted (if true) that we've finally managed to secure a striker with a pretty decent record.

I'm not going to praise the board for it though. They should have done this last month :lol:

We only see half the picture though and let's not forget they wouldn't sell.

If it was last year and we couldn't get Tiote over the line and Carr said, he's the one, keep plodding away.

Could be the same with this lad. Not everything that doesn't come off is our fault.

All seems very pro active to me.

If it was last year and we couldn't get Tiote over the line and Carr said, he's the one, keep plodding away.

Could be the same with this lad. Not everything that doesn't come off is our fault.

Shouldn't have said we'd buy a striker this Summer then.

Don't make promises you can't keep.

well...sounds like they are getting things right. Its maybe the only way forward for the club.

Maybe i wouldn´t be so happy if the team didn´t perform the way they do atm...but its really exciting atm. I do care how we do business as a club...it makes me much prouder to support newcastle when we are doing it this way instead of the crazy spending under sheppard or for example the way Man. City does it.

Strong team spirit and relatively unknown players is far more exciting the Old superstars like owen. If mike manage to build a healthy club then i wouldnt mind worldclass players here of course.

can´t disagree with anything in the statement...but its also a good time to give the statement when things are on the up.

the next step in his rehabilitation will be not selling anyone in january

:thup:

Perch, Smith and Ranger excepted of course. We've already shown we can compete for seventh position IMO, January should be about trying to ensure it rather than gambling (again) on doing so without one or more of our best players.

Shouldn't have said we'd buy a striker this Summer then.

Don't make promises you can't keep.

calm down and relax. Im sure they tried to sign one....but it didn´t work out! they refused to panic and pay overprice....you will get your striker in january....if he is available for the right price. I also felt sad when we didn´t get one this window....but hey....its not like we are really missing him atm! Get arfa 100% fit and we will only play one striker anyway!

Perch, Smith and Ranger excepted of course. We've already shown we can compete for seventh position IMO, January should be about trying to ensure it rather than gambling (again) on doing so without one or more of our best players.

precisely, we're well on our way to being self sufficent, and well done to them for it. now reject bids (just like spurs did with modric) and push on to a place where the majority of players want to stay anyway.

and løvenkrands. actually these 4 players are the only ones who really needs to leave. very promising!

We need to buy another defender before we sell Perch really. Or simultaneously at least.

:thup: Desperately short in the centre.

wouldn´t mind we found a young promising ready to step up back up for colo and taylor. unless that is kadar?