Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

How about spending money on a striker? Or a right back? Or a center back? Or maybe signing a proper RM rather someone like Obertan?

There isn't just two options, you know. You don't have to be a tight cunt like Ashley or spend like there's no tomorrow like Freddy sometimes did. There's spending like Man Utd: 20m on Jones, 17m on Young. Both young, full of quality and will develop. Yes, expensive, but the quality is there. Why can't we spend another 16m but this time get a player who fits better in the club and the formation than Owen did when we signed him? Or how about not wasting 10m on someone like Luque who came only for the money?

There is a balance which can be achieved, which Ashley seems unlikely to do. There is 'investing' in the team and reaping the rewards after. There isn't just one option which is to cut costs and be frugal. You can do that and develop the revenue side.

I'll be honest: I'm one of the most optimistic posters here. The quality of the squad is evident for all to see. The fact that I think there's a glimmer of chance that we can get 4th means that I really believe in this squad. But that doesn't mean that I have to support Ashley's strategy. An argument can actually be made that since this regime is so good at signing better players, that the marginal benefit of signing someone more expensive would be so high because we would probably get very, very good players. I think more can be done and strategic and reasoned investment can be justified. Not every owner who spends money has to do it like Abramovich does, but not every owner who cuts costs and tries to fix the finances has to do it like Ashley does.

Woah, mind blown. No, I don't believe it. Are you totally sure you don't want us to do a Portsmouth?

Interesting to hear Pardews comments on Mike Ashley, however a bit undecided what they all meant???

"realises it's different to what he knows

Has handed the main running over to Derek, me and Graham Carr

WILL be happy once the club is self funding"

Can't remember what else.

Part of me felt good that he's letting them get on with it and part of me felt Ashley wasn't fully comitted???

Anyone read it any better / different?

Guest Roger Kint

i heard it then was surprised that it had never been mentioned on here...but put it this way i am not sure when the Northern Rock deal ends but the new deal has been set up and it does not involve Sports Direct lol

It ends June 2015 doesnt it?

Guest icemanblue

i do not want to give too much away but i will say a similar name to that which sponsers Barcalona will not be too far away !!

Qatar? Similar? Hmm, a catering company, perhaps?

Guest Roger Kint

As it will be 3 years til it happens i hardly think anything is close to being decided. You have given away nothing at all tbh  ???

i do not want to give too much away but i will say a similar name to that which sponsers Barcalona will not be too far away !!

If you don't want to give too much away then don't bother at all to be fair. Either say what you've heard or just keep quiet.

Guest Roger Kint

not too sure of the exact company involved

So you dont know:

When it starts

Who it involves

What it involves

Whether its even going to happen?