Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Although Wenger questioned it and it might be looked into the Etihad sponsorhip of ManC is well over the odds at £200m

No chance, going rate is whatever anyone is prepared to pay, in our case we charge Sports Direct f*** all, or, more accurately, we actually pay for their awful name all over NUFC.

Just think how much easier it would be to service Ashley's loan if Sports Direct paid for that advertising......

The interest on the loan he had to put into the club because of his own gross stupidity is zero therefore......

How about removing Derek's hand from your rectum and asking the question could we have kept Jose or bought another player if as your puppeteer promised any sponsorship would, no? Didn't think so.

I don't even think my wife would defend me if I knocked down every wall in my house while changing a fuse because I'd built a couple back up on the cheap.

Correct - the interest is zero. The club needed funding by someone. How do you think we would have progressed if he hadn't done it? How were we going to stop losing money? Lower mid table, an unsustainable wage bill paid out to an underperformimg squad, someone would have had to pay for that. Who?

That second paragraph is a bit of a throwback. The old "hurl insults and spew venom at anyone who dares question what you believe" routine. It's even got the classic - throw out a question and answer it yourself with a "no? Didn't think so". Thought we'd seen the last of that moronic shyte  :lol:

I don't like Llambias by the way, I think he's a slimeball and a PR disaster. We would be better served with someone who knows about the football industry doing that job. We could not have kept Jose, he wanted out. Liverpool are a bigger club than us right now and have been for years. If someone external came along and offered the club a shed load of money to advertise in the stadium would the club take it? I don't know the answer to that and neither do you.

You would need to explain to your wife that your house was in a bad state of repair and was proving uneconomical to maintain. Your first efforts at putting it right weren't at all clever but there is a chance that in the future you might be able to turn it round, improve its infrastructure and make it work financially and compare favourably with other houses in the same market. Or maybe you need a new wife. 

Although Wenger questioned it and it might be looked into the Etihad sponsorhip of ManC is well over the odds at £200m

No chance, going rate is whatever anyone is prepared to pay, in our case we charge Sports Direct f*** all, or, more accurately, we actually pay for their awful name all over NUFC.

Just think how much easier it would be to service Ashley's loan if Sports Direct paid for that advertising......

The interest on the loan he had to put into the club because of his own gross stupidity is zero therefore......

How about removing Derek's hand from your rectum and asking the question could we have kept Jose or bought another player if as your puppeteer promised any sponsorship would, no? Didn't think so.

I don't even think my wife would defend me if I knocked down every wall in my house while changing a fuse because I'd built a couple back up on the cheap.

Correct - the interest is zero. The club needed funding by someone. How do you think we would have progressed if he hadn't done it? How were we going to stop losing money? Lower mid table, an unsustainable wage bill paid out to an underperformimg squad, someone would have had to pay for that. Who?

That second paragraph is a bit of a throwback. The old "hurl insults and spew venom at anyone who dares question what you believe" routine. It's even got the classic - throw out a question and answer it yourself with a "no? Didn't think so". Thought we'd seen the last of that moronic shyte  :lol:

I don't like Llambias by the way, I think he's a slimeball and a PR disaster. We would be better served with someone who knows about the football industry doing that job. We could not have kept Jose, he wanted out. Liverpool are a bigger club than us right now and have been for years. If someone external came along and offered the club a shed load of money to advertise in the stadium would the club take it? I don't know the answer to that and neither do you.

You would need to explain to your wife that your house was in a bad state of repair and was proving uneconomical to maintain. Your first efforts at putting it right weren't at all clever but there is a chance that in the future you might be able to turn it round, improve its infrastructure and make it work financially and compare favourably with other houses in the same market. Or maybe you need a new wife. 

Progressed? Excuse me? 4 Years, disaster after disaster and we're back to where we were when he arrived, debt and in the PL, after a stint out of it.

Not a single insult thrown, but as you're rewriting history, don't let facts get in the way.

You're right about Llambias, he's an odious snake. But we could have kept Jose if we had ambition, he wants bigger and better things than NUFC aspire to unfortunately. The advertisement, you're right neither of us know, but SJH has said the plan all along was to use NUFC to globalise his tacky sportswear shops, the jigsaw is starting to take place. It's a difficult economical climate but hasn't stopped clubs announcing records sponsorship deals in the PL, my guess is we haven't tried and the story from reptile about showcasing the idea to potential sponsors was just yet another in a long list of lies to appease those disgruntled fans pissed off at what they think is tantamount to blasphemy of SJP.

I'd need to explain to my wife that I bought the "crown jewels" of the estate for a cheap price as it needed some work. So I went and bought the Alan Smith bathroom, Geremi kitchen, brought in a supervisor to the project manager, then had to pay him off as he was unhappy, I then pissed off all the neighbours and the workers by lying to them all...I then sold our Mercedes and bought a Smart Car...

Aye, I need a new wife, that's clearly the only issue.

Guest guinness_fiend

Progressed? Excuse me? 4 Years, disaster after disaster and we're back to where we were when he arrived, debt and in the PL, after a stint out of it.

Not a single insult thrown, but as you're rewriting history, don't let facts get in the way.

You're right about Llambias, he's an odious snake. But we could have kept Jose if we had ambition, he wants bigger and better things than NUFC aspire to unfortunately. The advertisement, you're right neither of us know, but SJH has said the plan all along was to use NUFC to globalise his tacky sportswear shops, the jigsaw is starting to take place. It's a difficult economical climate but hasn't stopped clubs announcing records sponsorship deals in the PL, my guess is we haven't tried and the story from reptile about showcasing the idea to potential sponsors was just yet another in a long list of lies to appease those disgruntled fans p*ssed off at what they think is tantamount to blasphemy of SJP.

I'd need to explain to my wife that I bought the "crown jewels" of the estate for a cheap price as it needed some work. So I went and bought the Alan Smith bathroom, Geremi kitchen, brought in a supervisor to the project manager, then had to pay him off as he was unhappy, I then p*ssed off all the neighbours and the workers by lying to them all...I then sold our Mercedes and bought a Smart Car...

Aye, I need a new wife, that's clearly the only issue.

:lol: 

So then Eric you're not into answering questions. Let's try again:

The word "progressed" obviously upset you so I'll rephrase.

The club needed funding by someone. How do you think the club would have moved forward (without Ashley's money) from where it was? How were we going to stop losing money? Lower mid table, an unsustainable wage bill paid out to an underperformimg squad, someone would have had to pay for that. Who?

Jose did want bigger and better things than Newcastle. Liverpool have been bigger and better than us since well before Ashley arrived. Whilst they were winning the Champions League Graham Souness was (to use your metaphor) dismantling the house that Sir Bobby Robson built and took away any chance we had of being part of the top tier in the Premiership. Not a disaster though was it?

Just for the record I am under no illusions about what Ashley is like. Premiership football is full of rich spivs of varying nationalities. I hate what he has done to the stadium, I think it looks terrible and is degrading. But I can see a method in the way in which the squad is being assembled that has a chance of getting us somewhere further forward than we were when he took over. 

Gong back to the house the Alan Smith bathroom and the Geremi kitchen were bought by the project manager you inherited when you took it over by the way. His appointment was the last in a long line of poor decisions by the previous owners. The Boumsong basement, the Butt toilet, the Michael Owen glass chandelier and the Luque water feature weren't great aspects either. All were highly expensive to maintain and rarely provided much satisfaction.   

:thup:

Your perception is as accurate as your appraisal of the situation, nothing has upset me, least of all the ridiculous view that we've "progressed" despite being back to where we started when Mike Ashley arrived in the first place, in debt and in the PL.

Do you mean progress as in a league higher than we've been during his tenure?

How were we meant to move on? Stop making losses? Try not getting f***ing relegated for starters, not going through Managers like they're pies, not alienating the fans, not giving away sponsorship for f*** all, not sanctioning the signing of clowns like Alan Smith on massive long term contracts when they're clearly s****.

All Ashley's fault, no matter how much you excuse Mugabe for not being Hitler, it's completely irrelevant.

Yes Jose did want bigger and better things, when he signed for us Graeme Souness wasn't the manager, but aye nice one, we don't match his aspirations. Pardew spoke on the radio pre-season already talking about struggling to keep Cabaye for next Year man, we're a willing stepping stone now.

Going back to the house, Mike Ashley sanctioned those ludicrous signings, then he sacked the manager he backed (not a bad thing sacking him mind), then brought in another, to be undermined by a dwarf, then brought in another manager, and another, and another...

But aye, let's blame someone from another regime for each and everyone of Ashley's massive faux pas...or my wife.

You're getting more and more desperate with each and every post Eric :undecided: Quayside has already explained that "progressed" was a poor choice of terminology.

The club needed funding by someone. How do you think the club would have moved forward (without Ashley's money) from where it was? How were we going to stop losing money? Lower mid table, an unsustainable wage bill paid out to an underperformimg squad, someone would have had to pay for that. Who?

Can you answer this?

Your perception is as accurate as your appraisal of the situation, nothing has upset me, least of all the ridiculous view that we've "progressed" despite being back to where we started when Mike Ashley arrived in the first place, in debt and in the PL.

Do you mean progress as in a league higher than we've been during his tenure?

How were we meant to move on? Stop making losses? Try not getting f***ing relegated for starters, not going through Managers like they're pies, not alienating the fans, not giving away sponsorship for f*** all, not sanctioning the signing of clowns like Alan Smith on massive long term contracts when they're clearly s****.

All Ashley's fault, no matter how much you excuse Mugabe for not being Hitler, it's completely irrelevant.

Yes Jose did want bigger and better things, when he signed for us Graeme Souness wasn't the manager, but aye nice one, we don't match his aspirations. Pardew spoke on the radio pre-season already talking about struggling to keep Cabaye for next Year man, we're a willing stepping stone now.

Going back to the house, Mike Ashley sanctioned those ludicrous signings, then he sacked the manager he backed (not a bad thing sacking him mind), then brought in another, to be undermined by a dwarf, then brought in another manager, and another, and another...

But aye, let's blame someone from another regime for each and everyone of Ashley's massive faux pas...or my wife.

Ok so we are "in debt and in the PL" just like we were when Ashley took over. You might as well mention that we still wear black and white shirts and still play our home games at the same stadium.   

You haven’t addressed the funding issue at the time of the takeover which is not surprising because you can’t. Instead you bleat on about the catastrophic mistakes Ashley has made since. These are undisputed (by me anyway) and irrelevant. 

Is English your first language? I never said Souness was the manager when Jose signed. And I never said I blame the previous regime for each and every one of Ashley's massive faux pas.

Just on the subject of progress, on the left we have the squad of 2006-07, on the right, the squad of 2011-12.

How many players would you want to never, ever see pull on a black and white shirt again, and how many make you tingle like you're 12 again when you think about them?

No.Pos.NameNo.Pos.Name
1GKShay Given1GK Steve Harper
2DFStephen Carr2DF Fabricio Coloccini
4MFNolberto Solano3DF Davide Santon
5MFEmre Belözoğlu4MF Yohan Cabaye
7FWAlbert Luque5DF Danny Simpson
8MFKieron Dyer6DF Mike Williamson
9FWObafemi Martins7MF Joey Barton
10FWMichael Owen8MF Danny Guthrie
11MFDamien Duff10MF Hatem Ben Arfa
12GKSteve Harper11FW Peter Løvenkrands
14MFCharles N'Zogbia13MF Mehdi Abeid
15FWGiuseppe Rossi14DF James Perch
15DFOguchi Onyewu15MF Dan Gosling
16MFJames Milner16DF Ryan Taylor
17MFScott Parker17MF Alan Smith
18DFCraig Moore18MF Jonás Gutiérrez
19DFTitus Bramble19FW Demba Ba
20FWAntoine Sibierski20FW Leon Best
21MFLee Clark21GK Fraser Forster
22MFNicky Butt22MF Sylvain Marveaux
23FWShola Ameobi23FW Shola Ameobi
24GKPavel Srníček24MF Cheick Tioté
26DFPeter Ramage25MF Gabriel Obertan
27DFSteven Taylor26GK Tim Krul
30DFDavid Edgar27DF Steven Taylor
32DFPaul Huntington28FW Sammy Ameobi
33DFCelestine Babayaro29MF Haris Vučkić
34DFOlivier Bernard30FW Nile Ranger
35MFMatty Pattison31MF Shane Ferguson
36DFKris Gate32MF Ryan Donaldson
37MFAlan O'Brien33GK Ole Söderberg
39FWAndrew Carroll34DF James Tavernier
40GKTim Krul35GK Rob Elliot
42MFJames Troisi37DF Paul Dummett
43MFKazenga LuaLua38DF Jeff Henderson
49GKFraser Forster

For the record, I now support a team I'm proud of rather than one that, on the whole, I resented for being overpaid, under-performing shits, managed by a frankly horrific cunt. It's only my opinion, but I'd mark that down as progress.

Mike Ashley has made unarguably dire mistakes (I'm not saying I'd like Lambias to die in a fire, but, no, scratch that, I would like Lambias to die in a fire), but he has got better (which is to be expected from a shrewd man with 4 years of club ownership experience), and, the fact of the matter is, we're stuck with him. If you want rid, you need us to do well - both on and off the pitch (wages/turnover for example) - enough that some multi-billion sheik or conglomerate buys us; either that, or you need us to be so dreadful that Mike washes his hands of us entirely and writes us off as a bad loss with us languishing in the third tier. Surely you're not so small minded you'd prefer the latter?

This season has started well, I'm enjoying the best start we've had in years, with a sparkling, motivated, vibrant squad, which still has Santon, Marveaux and Ben Arfa to (hopefully) draw on and, so far, ramming the relegation prophesying naysayer's words down their throats. Of course I'd like Falcao up front  :naughty:, and I do harbour some doubts about our ability to grow and build a side over the next 2 to 3 years (and let's wait and see what happens in the next two windows before we start really worrying about that little chestnut), but for now the most pride since SBR was here will do me.

What is it you want to me to answer? A hypothetical issue no fucker knows the answer to, the other previous knacker running us has answered it, it's totally irrelevant.

So first you accuse me of insults in your gross misinterpretation, you then ask me if English is my first language, irony non  ;D

Why are you making excuses for Ashley and his regime is the pertinent question? It's something that continues to baffle me, if you're not getting paid why would you defend the indefensible particularly the irrelevant references to prior stewardship.

I can't believe people are willing to make themselves look utterly ridiculous so frequently, maybe it's lack of personal pride and all your pride is derived through Sports Direct Utd  :blush:

Some quotes for you, not including the one where Llambias says there is no debt (which there is now, wonder how that happened, that Shepherd or is it my wife):

I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year... That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent. I would make it a going concern. I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back.

Back to where we started before your cryptic nonsense:

"We will showcase Sports Direct until the end of the season. I'm sure we're going to get a sponsor in for next season. I think the fans will see in the future that we do care.""

Mike Ashley has made unarguably dire mistakes (I'm not saying I'd like Lambias to die in a fire, but, no, scratch that, I would like Lambias to die in a fire), but he has got better (which is to be expected from a shrewd man with 4 years of club ownership experience), and, the fact of the matter is, we're stuck with him. If you want rid, you need us to do well - both on and off the pitch (wages/turnover for example) - enough that some multi-billion sheik or conglomerate buys us; either that, or you need us to be so dreadful that Mike washes his hands of us entirely and writes us off as a bad loss with us languishing in the third tier. Surely you're not so small minded you'd prefer the latter?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair few who would be happy to see us back in the third tier if it meant us getting rid of Mike Ashley. There's one such nut posting in this very thread.

I read somewhere, probably on here, someone saying that they hadn't felt this good about the club since the days of SBR.

For me its further back than that to the first promoted season under KK. When I wasnt really expecting great things and was all of a sudden surprised at how well we were doing. Like now, there seemed a great air of togetherness around the squad and staff and you just knew the players were enjoying it and were going to give their all.

I thought it would be a long time if ever, that I would once again be like an excited little girl waiting for a match to come round. Even worse if its a home game.

I have ceased caring about the point scoring over what Ashley did wrong and what might have happened had he not arrived. Its lovely just to see them all out their paint balling, bonding, having a good laugh and sharing it with us.

Feeling soppy for the Toon.

What is it you want to me to answer? A hypothetical issue no f***er knows the answer to, the other previous knacker running us has answered it, it's totally irrelevant.

So first you accuse me of insults in your gross misinterpretation, you then ask me if English is my first language, irony non  ;D

Why are you making excuses for Ashley and his regime is the pertinent question? It's something that continues to baffle me, if you're not getting paid why would you defend the indefensible particularly the irrelevant references to prior stewardship.

I can't believe people are willing to make themselves look utterly ridiculous so frequently, maybe it's lack of personal pride and all your pride is derived through Sports Direct Utd  :blush:

Some quotes for you, not including the one where Llambias says there is no debt (which there is now, wonder how that happened, that Shepherd or is it my wife):

I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year... That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent. I would make it a going concern. I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back.

Back to where we started before your cryptic nonsense:

"We will showcase Sports Direct until the end of the season. I'm sure we're going to get a sponsor in for next season. I think the fans will see in the future that we do care.""

The funding issue is relevant. When Ashley took it over in the sumer of 2007 the club would not have been a going concern without his funding. And by the way that is not just me spouting an opinion, it's there in the accounts in black and white. Whatever Ashley's many faults he has stuck his hand in his pocket. That includes funding the mistakes he has made since buying it. This is unlike the previous lot who also made mistakes, put no money in and took large sums out. The relevance of the previous regime is that I would rather have an owner who can afford to pay his way - but maybe that's just me being too practical.

I like a lot of the players we have now, I also like the manager. I'm not hooked on Ashley but find another owner who will do exactly what you want and can also pay his way (.i.e. not someone like Barry Moat) and I'll be as enthusiastic as you will be when Ashley goes.

You may be surprised to learn that I found the thought of Llambias with his hand up my rectum to be insulting.  :dave:

He stuffed £30 million in (over and above the existing debt) when he took over and by June 2010 he'd stuffed another £70 million in, so £20 million a year isn't that far out.

I read somewhere, probably on here, someone saying that they hadn't felt this good about the club since the days of SBR.

For me its further back than that to the first promoted season under KK. When I wasnt really expecting great things and was all of a sudden surprised at how well we were doing. Like now, there seemed a great air of togetherness around the squad and staff and you just knew the players were enjoying it and were going to give their all.

I thought it would be a long time if ever, that I would once again be like an excited little girl waiting for a match to come round. Even worse if its a home game.

I have ceased caring about the point scoring over what Ashley did wrong and what might have happened had he not arrived. Its lovely just to see them all out their paint balling, bonding, having a good laugh and sharing it with us.

Feeling soppy for the Toon.

:lol:

The funding issue is relevant. When Ashley took it over in the sumer of 2007 the club would not have been a going concern without his funding. And by the way that is not just me spouting an opinion, it's there in the accounts in black and white. Whatever Ashley's many faults he has stuck his hand in his pocket. That includes funding the mistakes he has made since buying it. This is unlike the previous lot who also made mistakes, put no money in and took large sums out. The relevance of the previous regime is that I would rather have an owner who can afford to pay his way - but maybe that's just me being too practical.

I like a lot of the players we have now, I also like the manager. I'm not hooked on Ashley but find another owner who will do exactly what you want and can also pay his way (.i.e. not someone like Barry Moat) and I'll be as enthusiastic as you will be when Ashley goes.

You may be surprised to learn that I found the thought of Llambias with his hand up my rectum to be insulting.  :dave:

He stuffed £30 million in (over and above the existing debt) when he took over and by June 2010 he'd stuffed another £70 million in, so £20 million a year isn't that far out.

The funding is totally irrelevant as the answer is in short, someone. The going concern issue isn't as clean cut as you're making out either, I see far worse balance sheets weekly and I know you won't be surprised to know that many still continue to trade long after the event. Shepherd claims they weren't as bad as made out and he always had a plan, could be more bullshit, could be true, whatever, it's irrelevant.

I'm talking about Mike Ashley, his mistakes, the price he's paying and the mistakes he's still making, I made a point about the sponsorship, you defended him, that's your prerogative, just as it all the nuggets who defend him for anything and everything, much of what they haven't got the first idea about.

I like most of the players, I too like the Manager , I don't like being patronised and treat with utter contemt which is why I have given up my season ticket and won't ever return under this ownership, but that's my choice, just as it those who think fuck it, I'm supporting the team even though I hate him, or even those who say don't use lube Derek, just ram it in.

One last point, he wouldn't have to stick as much in if he showed a little ambition, communicated with the fans instead of taking them for granted (at best) and got some fucking sponsorship money in for starters. Instead we'd be talking full houses, happy fans and decent corporate partners, but this is Mike Ashley, he doesn't give a fuck what we think.

You're getting more and more desperate with each and every post Eric :undecided: Quayside has already explained that "progressed" was a poor choice of terminology.

Can you answer this?

now im no Eric Stu. but I think the point is We would have prefered to have been bought by somebody with more ambition.

If him "not showing ambition" means that angry men like you aren't at SJP with a few beers inside of you, it's probably in the club's best interests :thup:

(this is aimed at Eric, cp40 :lol: )

ok- but still apt :lol:

The funding is totally irrelevant as the answer is in short, someone. The going concern issue isn't as clean cut as you're making out either, I see far worse balance sheets weekly and I know you won't be surprised to know that many still continue to trade long after the event. Shepherd claims they weren't as bad as made out and he always had a plan, could be more bullshit, could be true, whatever, it's irrelevant.

I'm talking about Mike Ashley, his mistakes, the price he's paying and the mistakes he's still making, I made a point about the sponsorship, you defended him, that's your prerogative, just as it all the nuggets who defend him for anything and everything, much of what they haven't got the first idea about.

I like most of the players, I too like the Manager , I don't like being patronised and treat with utter contemt which is why I have given up my season ticket and won't ever return under this ownership, but that's my choice, just as it those who think f*** it, I'm supporting the team even though I hate him, or even those who say don't use lube Derek, just ram it in.

One last point, he wouldn't have to stick as much in if he showed a little ambition, communicated with the fans instead of taking them for granted (at best) and got some f***ing sponsorship money in for starters. Instead we'd be talking full houses, happy fans and decent corporate partners, but this is Mike Ashley, he doesn't give a f*** what we think.

:jesuswept: