Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Even if you know full well it will end in tears, yet again Kanji? Just how many chances are people prepared to give him? Personally speaking I can't find any joy in following this club anymore. People hang their hat on the Rafa situation's outcome whilst deep in their mind they must be aware that this is just the next episode of the Keegan/Shearer/Hughton syndrome where a man of class and dignity is used by the vilains in charge only to be undermined later.

I'm just over wasting my time thinking about the worst case scenario if we were to get someone like Rafa. History shows Ashley ruins everything, got it. Know it, its in the back of my mind, I'm not surprised by his idiotic decisions anymore or his stupid press statements or open letters, he's a c*** who I wished met his end today. I'm not prepared to give Ashley any support or whatever you're inferring man, I'm just simply stating I want Rafa as our manager b/c I want to enjoy football again and I want to enjoy that now.

Even if you know full well it will end in tears, yet again Kanji? Just how many chances are people prepared to give him? Personally speaking I can't find any joy in following this club anymore. People hang their hat on the Rafa situation's outcome whilst deep in their mind they must be aware that this is just the next episode of the Keegan/Shearer/Hughton syndrome where a man of class and dignity is used by the vilains in charge only to be undermined later.

Out of interest, what proactive action are you taking now he's ran out of chances with you? Can't wait for the day he's out of our club, but enjoying a Rafa Benitez led Newcastle is a lot more appealing to me than whinging in the shadows.

I'm just over wasting my time thinking about the worst case scenario if we were to get someone like Rafa. History shows Ashley ruins everything, got it. Know it, its in the back of my mind, I'm not surprised by his idiotic decisions anymore or his stupid press statements or open letters, he's a c*** who I wished met his end today. I'm not prepared to give Ashley any support or whatever you're inferring man, I'm just simply stating I want Rafa as our manager b/c I want to enjoy football again and I want to enjoy that now.

Fair enough mate, each to their own. I understand why people would cling on to the hope that Rafa might bring. I just don't understand how that would somehow exonerate Ashley. Loads of people on here have been saying that Spurs should be about giving Rafa support for 90 minutes, which I find completely astounding in the situation we find ourselves in to be perfectly honest. The first and only priority should be to weaken Ashley's stranglehold on the club. Focusing on the unlikelihood of Rafa staying and Ashley changing his ways to accomodate him seems completely futile to me based on 9 years of solid evidence pointing to it never going to work.

Out of interest, what proactive action are you taking now he's ran out of chances with you? Can't wait for the day he's out of our club, but enjoying a Rafa Benitez led Newcastle is a lot more appealing to me than whinging in the shadows.

What can I do from 200 miles away?

It'd make me feel better if it always pissed it down with rain on you and we had glorious sunshine.

Fair enough mate, each to their own. I understand why people would cling on to the hope that Rafa might bring. I just don't understand how that would somehow exonerate Ashley. Loads of people on here have been saying that Spurs should be about giving Rafa support for 90 minutes, which I find completely astounding in the situation we find ourselves in to be perfectly honest. The first and only priority should be to weaken Ashley's stranglehold on the club. Focusing on the unlikelihood of Rafa staying and Ashley changing his ways to accomodate him seems completely futile to me based on 9 years of solid evidence pointing to it never going to work.

I never said that would exonerate Ashley (unless you're referring to someone else or pages back). 9 years of evidence does point to garbage of Mike Ashley, yep, understand that, I clearly know that, and that "wall" has been up and continues to stay up in my mind and my thinking regarding this club.

Parcel bomb.

I'm just completely baffled that people are more concerned about Rafa staying than they are about driving this c*** out of town. The Rafa Benitez appointment proves beyond a doubt that this club could always attract high calibre managers if it wanted to. It just wasn't interested until it was knee deep in brown stuff and needed a miracle only someone like Rafa had a chance of pulling off. None of that will have changed now we are relegated. What fans should focus on solely is ensuring we get our club back one way or another. If a manager like Rafa is still interested in coming here at our lowest of the lowest ebbs, imagine what could happen under capable and ambitious ownership. Whether Rafa stays or goes is immaterial to me since I believe the chances of him being here by the end of the year are slim anyway. One transfer window of empty promises and getting players he doesn't want at the expense of players he desperately needs under these buffoons is probably all that is needed for him to run a mile, and rightly so.

While Rafa is here he'll get my full support, even if that means going back next season.  I'll always hate Ashley for what he's done to us but I will not give a shit if he's here and making the right decisions.  If Rafa goes I'll be more than happy to get on with my life away from football and will be quite happy to get my pitchfork out and give Ashley hell.

Only just seen this. It's a disgrace of statement. Why only reflect on the lessons of the last twelve months? Ashley's entire tenure has been a shambles. Good times and bad? well it's been nearly all bad times. Citing our previous relegation and coming back up as a positive sign. Almost as comforting as a rapist saying he's done it before, he's pretty good at doing it without hurting you much. :lol:

If he had any serious intention of progressing us to win something he'd set us up to do that. We've always had a terrible management structure, under qualified people in key roles, lack of investment and buying players for resale value over actual on the pitch needs. All of that needs to change for us to move forward. Bringing in Rafa would be great, but he won't be here for more than 18 months unless we match his professionalism and standards across the whole club.

Weakening Ashley isn't really a priority for me. Watching a successful team is. I don't care who does it, but if another owner isn't prepared to pay the price then they don't really care enough or are piss poor.

I also think focusing on Rafa puts more pressure on Ashley tbh. A full ground backing Rafa gives him no room to manoevre if he was thinking of letting him go and going for the cheaper option. It got pretty nasty after Keegan, I doubt he could be arsed to go through that again after Rafa.

The day Charnley gets the sack will be the end of his life for the incompetent useless office boy. He will never get a job in football again a long stint on the dole is instore

You reap what you sow Lee you fucking arse licking cretin

I also think focusing on Rafa puts more pressure on Ashley tbh. A full ground backing Rafa gives him no room to manoevre if he was thinking of letting him go and going for the cheaper option. It got pretty nasty after Keegan, I doubt he could be arsed to go through that again after Rafa.

I agree, the best thing the fans can do tomorrow is back the manager throughout the 90+ minutes which indirectly puts the club and Ashley under pressure.

Looks like he's going to make an appearance today. He was spotted boarding the 12.00 Kings X to Newcastle train today with Keith Bishop which gets here at 14.49. Didn't think he'd show his face. Should be a welcoming committee waiting for him at the Central.