Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

I don't think we're lucky to have stayed unbeaten. Didn't see the game today but by all accounts, Wolves still wouldn't have won 3-2.

Read a few more accounts. Denied a penalty, denied a goal.. haven't seen the stats yet but my guess is they had way more attempts than us by the end of the game.

Weird argument though. If they'd got one back in the first half (through a pen), they wouldn't have been attacking as much at the end and so the disallowed goal situation probably wouldn't have even cropped up.

Guest Heneage

Who gives a flying f*** if we were lucky man. You need luck to win away from home.

Not if you're playing at the Stadium Of Light.  :memelol:

I don't think we're lucky to have stayed unbeaten. Didn't see the game today but by all accounts, Wolves still wouldn't have won 3-2.

huh? they should've had a pen and they scored a wrongly disallowed goal. they also had 25 shots to our 10, and we were lucky to not concede on 4 or 5 other occasions when poor finishing, ridiculous saves and goal line clearances, and tbh just pure plain luck saved us.

might help if you'd seen the game tbh :lol:

See above. If they'd have equalised we'd have put pressure on. Don't disagree that i'm blind to the game itself, but as i say - when people tot-up decisions that should've been, it's unrealistic.

Well yeah, them scoring from a pen in the first half might not have been such a bad thing, you never know.  May have influenced our 2nd half approach in a positive manner.

huh? they should've had a pen and they scored a wrongly disallowed goal. they also had 25 shots to our 10, and we were lucky to not concede on 4 or 5 other occasions when poor finishing, ridiculous saves and goal line clearances, and tbh just pure plain luck saved us.

See above. If they'd have equalised we'd have put pressure on. Don't disagree that i'm blind to the game itself, but as i say - when people tot-up decisions that should've been, it's unrealistic.

again, might help if you'd actually seen the game. jesus.

again, might help if you'd actually seen the game. jesus.

I'm talking out of context with the game, Jesus.

Was talking to a few mates during the game, we've booked the train tickets down to London for the Champions League Final 2013, can't wait to see us win it.

I'm pretty sure you can't book train tickets that far in advance like. :lol:

What is this? :lol:

We're staying at yours btw.

Guest Heneage

I missed the last 5 mins + injury time but honestly until the goal I thought Wolves were really poor for a home side.

I know they predicted a home loss, but if I was a Wolves fan I'd be frustrated not to even get a point. They just seemed terrible in the final third.

I'm still not convinced that the linesman actually got that decision wrong. Seems like everyone is saying it's a bad decision, but I've yet to see conclusive proof it was. The player was fully well over the line when he headed the ball, so he would have had to have contorted his body some to keep it in. The angels that we've seen have not shown that the whole of the ball crossed or did not cross the line.

The one thing though that really worried me about the incident, is that a few Newcastle player appeared to stop, Krul included putting his arm up, that hesitation lead to Doyle putting the ball in the back of the net. We really can't afford to do that, maybe the players had seen the flag, but you have to play to the whistle.

having said that Wolves should have had a pen in the first of for sure, so luck favoured us today.

Sometimes translates as "Good defending".

We were lucky, yes. But this sounds a bit like every save and every clearance was pure luck on our part :laugh:

I'm still not convinced that the linesman actually got that decision wrong. Seems like everyone is saying it's a bad decision, but I've yet to see conclusive proof it was. The player was fully well over the line when he headed the ball, so he would have had to have contorted his body some to keep it in. The angels that we've seen have not shown that the whole of the ball crossed or did not cross the line.

The one thing though that really worried me about the incident, is that a few Newcastle player appeared to stop, Krul included putting his arm up, that hesitation lead to Doyle putting the ball in the back of the net. We really can't afford to do that, maybe the players had seen the flag, but you have to play to the whistle.

having said that Wolves should have had a pen in the first of for sure, so luck favoured us today.

Nah, there's absolutely no way that the whole of the ball was over the line.

Was talking to a few mates during the game, we've booked the train tickets down to London for the Champions League Final 2013, can't wait to see us win it.

No bother mate, we live at 1 London Road at the minute (ask Cajun) - we're moving house but will probably stick on London Road, perhaps number 2 or 3.  Will keep you informed.

We were lucky, yes. But this sounds a bit like every save and every clearance was pure luck on our part :laugh:

Got to reiterate that i didn't see it myself, but it's a weird one when people flip 'brilliant goalkeeping' on its head to make it sound like we were fortunate not to concede. He's one of our players, isn't he?

Yip.  You're allowed a good keeper and determined defenders you know.  The only luck we got was the 2 ref decisions. I don't think Taylor's was even a foul - though the other should have counted.  We missed some cracking chances though.  They missed their chnaces though and we won.  Not our fault that.

No bother mate, we live at 1 London Road at the minute (ask Cajun) - we're moving house but will probably stick on London Road, perhaps number 2 or 3.  Will keep you informed.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/jorennejf/Memes/HappyRageGuy.png

some of it was good defending (though a lot of it coming after really bad defending), so im definitely not saying it's all pure luck. some of it was though. can't have that many last gasp blocks and saves without an element of good fortune, even if its just the ball falling in the right place, or them not being as clinical and they could be.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/jorennejf/Memes/HappyRageGuy.png

:lol:

:troll:

Nah, there's absolutely no way that the whole of the ball was over the line.

I've still not seen that, the angel from the main stand there does give you that conclusive evidence. It would be interesting to see an angel from behind the linesman or along the goal line.