Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Disappointing that Pardew is obviously waiting for a loss before making starting changes. My god what a cliché it is to not change an unbeaten side. You have to look closer into it than that. I agree with some of the posts, stating that not starting Santon and Ben Arfa is questionable but to some point understandable, but I think 9/10 managers would have played Marveaux instead of Obertan today, based on a couple of the latest  performances. That's the meaning/point of competition. Stay on you're game or GTFO of the team. I'm one of Pardews biggest fans, but this is a weakness that irritates me. Be interesting to see what happens after the Manchester games.

Still, 6-0.

Disappointing that Pardew is obviously waiting for a loss before making starting changes. My god what a cliché it is to not change an unbeaten side.

:nods:

He's just bringing heat on himself by doing this.

When we actually do lose fans will be on his back demanding why Santon + Ben Arfa weren't brought in to the side sooner.

Disappointing that Pardew is obviously waiting for a loss before making starting changes. My god what a cliché it is to not change an unbeaten side. You have to look closer into it than that. I agree with some of the posts, stating that not starting Santon and Ben Arfa is questionable but to some point understandable, but I think 9/10 managers would have played Marveaux instead of Obertan today, based on a couple of the latest  performances. That's the meaning/point of competition. Stay on you're game or GTFO of the team. I'm one of Pardews biggest fans, but this is a weakness that irritates me. Be interesting to see what happens after the Manchester games.

Still, 6-0.

Like Pardew said in his interview the other day, said he needs to build his confidence up. Has only played probably half a dozen Premier League games.

you would destroy any confidence and any faith he had in you were you to change him for Marv, better to sub him after 60. if marv proves himself there need not be any loss of faith, reasons are there...