Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wigan - 22/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Beren

It's Bellamy type of player we miss most from that side.

thats probably why we didnt go players lke bendtner which makes sense. Ba-Best-Ameobi are all big and strong. A smaller and faster to take the deep runs at defenses would be good for us?

Løvenkrands?

Here's my thoughts on the game, although the stream was pretty crap:

Krul - Excellent throughout and could well turn out to be the best keeper we have seen at NUFC, the only small complaint can be his sometimes errant kicks when under pressure.

Simpson - Thought he did very well and not a lot got past him. He also supports obertan quite well but just lacks that confidence to run past him and take a defender wide which would open up more spce for us albeit exposing our right if caught in possession.

Taylor - Did well in the air but I thought there were a couple of occasions when both him and colo didn't come out to meet the attacker quick enough, therefore letting them get the shot off

Colo - Calm and collected but ditto the above.

Raylor - Very solid again, If i were to play Santon for one of our full backs it has to be simpson. Raylor hardly ever lose possession when on the ball, his passing is that of a midfielder.

Jonas - Manlove...hero worship and more!! MOM without a doubt. thy couldn't do anything against him. A couple of impossible situations with 2-3 defenders around him and he manages to slither through them... Swooon!!

Cabaye - He kind of comes in and out of games but without lowering his performance, against there three in the middle he was running at shadows a lot. He seems to be growing slowly into the perfect foil for Tiote. Reminds me a lot of Xavi alonso (Madrid). Didn't overly impress me or underwhelm me but... What a goal though!

Tiote - Major complaint are the scott parkeresque pirrouettes in the middle, he is getting caught too often with them, just pass it back to the defence if there's nowt on!!! Their midfielders pressured him a lot and he lost the ball a few times. Still a beast at breaking up their play and against three biggish lads he fared very well.

Obertan - His control and touch are good, has fantastic pace...but can't make the decisive decisions and will not pass or run on the moments that he really should do. Bad decsion maker for me! Does the defensive covering and everything well but just frustrates you when you see the positions he gets the ball in and ends up doing nothing... Sorry but bench for stoke.

Best - Really growing on me, even though he's a bit short on goals he is doing everything else very well. I would have preffered to see him with ben arfa for a bit against wigan as Ba was timid...

Ba - Everyone has an off day... Think he is x100 better than in preseason but...

Ben Arfa - Didn't lose possessionn like the other day, heard a few complaints about him passing ball back to defence, but if he hasn't any options on  and the defender may have a better pass angle, he also draws two defenders out of the game. Boils my pish that some people just do not get the basics of football!! Does he merit a start yet? Would be unfair on both of our forwards but at Stoke I would prefer to have five in midfield so big Yes for me (for Best :()

Marveaux - Pardew, i love your loyalty and the fact you don't want to break Ober's confidence...But it is gapingly obvious for all that this guy is on another level...FFS!! Wow, from the snippets I've seen, could be our star player quite soon!!

MOTD highlights that the back five have been consistently playing together.

I know Ryan Taylor and Danny Simpson are continuously rightly slated, and Tim Krul has bailed us out countless time, but I think MOTD has a point that a consistent defensive unit contribute to our good position.

thats probably why we didnt go players lke bendtner which makes sense. Ba-Best-Ameobi are all big and strong. A smaller and faster to take the deep runs at defenses would be good for us?

Løvenkrands?

What?

Løvenkrands?

What?

seems like pardew was very keen on erdinc (not sure of spelling) and he seems (from what i know) like a player similar bellamy and by that i mean smaller and faster type who can make the runs around the big strikers like Ameobi, Ba & Best. only mentioned løvenkrands as a joke since he is the striker in our squad who comes closest to that.