Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wigan - 22/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Beren

Ba was the worst player I thought, done nothing of note in the first half and was shocked he was left on and Best taken off, then when he did get a chance with the header he wasted it by putting it straight at the keeper.

The service to the forwards wasn't good enough today but I think  Ba is more likely to get a goal and wasn't on a yellow card.

Thought it was a real shame today that some of the crowd went back to the days of getting on the players backs, sometimes for practically f*** all. Feel really sorry for Obertan, wonder what the poor lad is thinking, must have been a right punch in the nads when all them arsewipes sarcastically cheered him off.

Some people are so out of touch with reality, i'm sure a lot of them are the same clowns that contributed to Bobbys sacking and then a few years later sing his name and pretend they never wanted him gone.

Thought it was a real shame today that some of the crowd went back to the days of getting on the players backs, sometimes for practically f*** all. Feel really sorry for Obertan, wonder what the poor lad is thinking, must have been a right punch in the nads when all them arsewipes sarcastically cheered him off.

Some people are so out of touch with reality, i'm sure a lot of them are the same clowns that contributed to Bobbys sacking and then a few years later sing his name and pretend they never wanted him gone.

ryan taylors form should be a lesson for many.

I do think Cabaye's done his invisible man impression quite a few times this year mind, delectable as he is let's hope that's more a case of him getting used to the league than an indication of the type of player that he is.

:lol: This year.

We've had him a little over two month.

Ba was the worst player I thought, done nothing of note in the first half and was shocked he was left on and Best taken off, then when he did get a chance with the header he wasted it by putting it straight at the keeper.

The service to the forwards wasn't good enough today but I think  Ba is more likely to get a goal and wasn't on a yellow card.

I don't think it's as simple as 'Ba is more likely to get a goal' to be honest, he wasn't in the game at all despite being the one that usually drops deep and links up play, Best on the other hand was showing great control and skill in beating defenders, he was also getting in more dangerous positions.

I'm yet to be convinced that Ba and Ben Arfa can complement each other on a football pitch too.

I do think Cabaye's done his invisible man impression quite a few times this year mind, delectable as he is let's hope that's more a case of him getting used to the league than an indication of the type of player that he is.

:lol: This year.

We've had him a little over two month.

:lol: You know what I mean, we've played 9 league games and he's been ridiculously quiet in at least 3 or 4 of them. 

And I know he popped up with a great goal today and of course I like him and rate him.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Bloody hell. Reading the last couple of pages I'm left feeling very uneasy about how this relegation battle will go...

Bloody hell. Reading the last couple of pages I'm left feeling very uneasy about how this relegation battle will go...

Aye, it's mental how everyone's saying we're playing pure shite and our league position's unacceptable. :lol:

I honestly don't get this attitude that players and performances are beyond criticism because we're winning games.  Everyone's clearly delighted at how we're doing, I'm fucking delirious with how it's gone and today was a massively satisfying win imo.  You can always improve though.

Krul 9 because he is in PL 

Ah! Thanks for clearing that one up.

Krul was majestic today. It's not about the actual number of saves he makes or crosses he collects, but rather the confidence one feels with him in goal. He must instill such confidence in our backline, and it shows. He did everything that was asked of him, and yeah he skewed a couple of his clearances and goal kicks, but it happens. Seems he's grown a few inches taller and wider (figuratively) since last season, and there is no doubt in my mind that should he stay with us for the long term he will eclipse Given's tenure. A potential legend in the making.

Or maybe I'm just biased. Love the lad to bits me  :smitten:

Krul was majestic today. It's not about the actual number of saves he makes or crosses he collects, but rather the confidence one feels with him in goal. He must instill such confidence in our backline, and it shows. He did everything that was asked of him, and yeah he skewed a couple of his clearances and goal kicks, but it happens. Seems he's grown a few inches taller and wider (figuratively) since last season, and there is no doubt in my mind that should he stay with us for the long term he will eclipse Given's tenure. A potential legend in the making.

Not sure why you've quoted my post, like.

Not sure why you've quoted my post, like.

I was going through the thread, and read a few comments on Krul. When I found myself agreeing with benarfaNUFC, albeit for different reasons, I quoted your post to stay on topic. Wasn't really a point aimed at you, I just remembered you saying he could have done better with his kicking.

Why the fuck am I explaining myself to you! You're not my lass  :rose:

Compared to results last year (replacing QPR, promoted as champions, with Birmingham who were relegated in 18th) we currently are 10 points ahead of last year after just 9 games. It's been an astonishingly good start to the season. Fucking brilliant.

(to save anyone else having to look that up, it's -2 for QPR/Birmingham, quits for Arsenal and Spurs, +1 for Villa, +2 for Sunderland, Fulham, Wolves and Wigan and +3 for Blackburn)

Playing badly and winning, the sign of true champions.

:troll:

On a more sane note, why do we suck so much at fair play? I know this table is only accounting for 6 games, but still.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

Seriously?? WTF is going on. i think we came bottom of this last year and now we are bottom again this? Something very fishy going on there.

On a more sane note, why do we suck so much at fair play? I know this table is only accounting for 6 games, but still.

Seriously?? WTF is going on. i think we came bottom of this last year and now we are bottom again this? Something very fishy going on there.

You lose points if your manager snakes the ref's wife.

If you take out Everton and Tottenham who have one game less, you're second bottom in "positive play" - whatever that means - and bottom in "respect towards opponent" and "respect towards referees".

Today's only the second NUFC game I watched this season (other was vs Spurs). Have you had any shenanigans/fisticuffs?

If you take out Everton and Tottenham who have one game less, you're second bottom in "positive play" - whatever that means - and bottom in "respect towards opponent" and "respect towards referees".

Today's only the second NUFC game I watched this season (other was vs Spurs). Have you had any shenanigans/fisticuffs?

Not that I can remember, but admittedly, I do have a very selective memory. I like how you used the word fisticuffs BTW :)