On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

Guest pintofscottsellers

That Villa game was absolutely class, I had been at a stag do in Newcastle the day before, woke up still steaming and bought a ticket for the match,  the sun was shining down on us that day like.

To think our first victory back in the premier league was only 2 years ago today and we're back playing in europe again tomorrow, been a mental journey.

the time before was even more mental, from near relegation to the third tier to europe in a similar time scale.

4 years ago today we beat Bolton 1-0 at SJP. Was KK's last home game in charge for us and was my first ever game to watch at SJP. Loved every minuted and god how much I loved he who must not be named that day.

lets see this catch on :shifty:

4 years ago today we beat Bolton 1-0 at SJP. Was KK's last home game in charge for us and was my first ever game to watch at SJP. Loved every minuted and god how much I loved Michael Owen that day.

Awfully sad isn't it.

I feel robbed of not seeing enough of KK at the helm. Was a great day that though, thoroughly enjoyed it. I distinctly remember a clever Geremi free kick routine that left all our lads onside with an easy chance at goal- we of course missed.

4 years ago today we beat Bolton 1-0 at SJP. Was KK's last home game in charge for us and was my first ever game to watch at SJP. Loved every minuted and god how much I loved Michael Owen that day.

Awfully sad isn't it.

I feel robbed of not seeing enough of KK at the helm. Was a great day that though, thoroughly enjoyed it. I distinctly remember a clever Geremi free kick routine that left all our lads onside with an easy chance at goal- we of course missed.

It fell to Oba then?

Awfully sad isn't it.

It fell to Oba then?

:laugh:

10 years ago today we lost 1-0 away to Man Citeh. Huckerby scored.

SBR persisted with copying Citeh's formation a 3-5-2 IIRC :facepalm:

I watched it in the Avenue pub in Whitley before going away to Limefit Park camping..that was a fun car journey after the game :lol:

Guest neesy111

I watched it in the Avenue pub in Whitley before going away to Limefit Park camping..that was a fun car journey after the game :lol:

Think that was the last time SBR tried that after the failure v Spurs previous season as well.  We've never ever been able to play 3-5-2 for some reason at NUFC.

the ave :smitten:  what a sad demise. is it still there? the building.

1985 Liverpool (h)

1-0 (0-0)

Division One

Reilly

The inconspicuous talents of beanpole striker George Reilly helped us to a famous victory over Europe's finest.

Wearing his "Rambo" style headband, he managed to connect with a centre to force the ball over the line at the Gallowgate end for a notable victory.

I remember being clad in a hideously loud Paisley Patterned shirt tucked into the front of Pale Blue Farah Trousers but with the back not tucked in and with a pair of Blue Reebok Classic running trainers on my feet for this one.

Yes but not for long, it's due to be re-developed along with the Dome.

Yes but not for long, it's due to be re-developed along with the Dome.

ah, wasnt sure if it had gone with the new road.

1985 Liverpool (h)

1-0 (0-0)

Division One

Reilly

The inconspicuous talents of beanpole striker George Reilly helped us to a famous victory over Europe's finest.

Wearing his "Rambo" style headband, he managed to connect with a centre to force the ball over the line at the Gallowgate end for a notable victory.

I remember being clad in a hideously loud Paisley Patterned shirt tucked into the front of Pale Blue Farah Trousers but with the back not tucked in and with a pair of Blue Reebok Classic running trainers on my feet for this one.

Bloody excellent game that one.

watched it at the shittest, grottiest bar in Lanzarote.  The people who owned it's cat had the runs and it shit all over the floor.

Our last trip to Maine Road was it not?