Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

Must admit to going to this game expecting defeat and consoling myself pre-match with "At least it's another ground ticked off." Anyway the lads came up trumps and made the win look fairly comfortable. Oh how i love the unpredictability of this club.

Stoke fans were crap, after hearing all the hype about them being the loudest in the country etc. In the words of Jim Royle, "My arse!" Didn't hear them much apart from those few minutes between both penalties. Sweet revenge for last seasons 2 defeats.

Rory Delap is the dried excrement that holds that side together. What a complete mess of a club they are, it's a shame Crouch plays for them as he's such a likeable guy.

:mackems:

:kasper: never thought I'd read such tripe.

Guest johnson293

much is being made of getting the tactics spot on here which is doing the players a bit of a disservice. getting the tactics right is one thing but carrying them out is another. the tactics didn't seem like anything earth shattering so i have to wonder how many clubs have set out at the britannia with similar tactics and been unable to carry them through. also the tactics as described (doubling up on their wingers etc) don't really account for us scoring three times.

How is it doing the players a disservice? They all played brilliantly, everyone admits that. Just the gameplan also deserves credit.

just hearing fans from elsewhere talking, newcastle will still struggle but just happened on this occasion to get the right tactics and apparently now stoke have been sussed.

I keep reading (from other clubs fans) that we are doing well, but 'overachieving' at the moment.

We can only play what the fixture list has given us, and we've been good enough to get 22 points from our 10 games so far.

Is it our fault if other teams around us have slipped up at times, meaning we are now 3rd?

I'd call it 'exceeding expectation' rather than 'overachieving'.

Guest ToonUltra

ToonUltra

"the first 90 minutes are the most important" -SBR

View Profile

Personal Message (Online)

Re: Stoke City vs Newcastle United pre-match thread (31/10/11 @ 8pm) - Live on Sky

« Reply #107 on: Thursday 27 October 2011, 01:47:57 PM »

Remove

I reckon if Tiote isnt fit for this, Guthrie will start based on his performace last night. I personally thought he was fantastic. Stood out a mile for me. Hopefully, if he does start, that will give us the edge which they dont have, especially if Marv starts aswell. Cutting pace through the middle to exploit there forward facing full back retards. Im feeling quite upbeat for this judging on last nights result. To go 2-0 down and still get through to ET in injury time was fantastic and remebering that was up against one of the most physical teams in the league IMO. With the likes of Silverback Samba, made it that more difficult. So long as we utilise the pace we have and play the ball down and quickly, we could get all 3 here. Im gunna pip for 1-3. We have to limit conceding set pieces....blackburn even managed to turn 3 set pieces into goals against us.....f*** knows what Stoke could do. Unlss we play Shola in defence with Saylor & Colo.

Hate these c***s!

WAHOO! forgot aboot my prediction. Line me up for Lawro's job, oh wait...actually, don't.

Had to look up Rory Delap on google to find out how old he was. Google images pulls up four pictures in the search, where two of them are just a regular headshots, while the other two are of him on a throw-in.

Entered wikipedia, and the picture of him on there is of him drying the ball.

35 years old btw. wat the fuk is Pulis thinking about??