Taylor: 8

Obertan: 7

Cabaye: 6

Guthrie: 7

Jonas: 9

Best: 7

Ba: 9.5

Majestic win.

Cabaye 6?? He must have covered every blade of grass. I thought he was excellent. Couple of wayward passes but so fuck. Certainly a 7 or 8 for me.

I'm a bit late with it, but:

Krul: 8

Simpson: 8

Coloccini: 8

Majestic win.

Cabaye 6?? He must have covered every blade of grass. I thought he was excellent. Couple of wayward passes but so f***. Certainly a 7 or 8 for me.

I'm a bit late with it, but:

Krul: 8

Simpson: 8

Coloccini: 8

Majestic win.

Cabaye 6?? He must have covered every blade of grass. I thought he was excellent. Couple of wayward passes but so f***. Certainly a 7 or 8 for me.

Cabaye was absolutely everywhere!! In the middle, up front, left wing, right wing.....Loved how he came steaming in for their corners from an advanced position to stop them getting to the 2nd ball. The match was won by division of labour. Best and Ba got us the goals, the rest made sure we didn't let slip the lead. That early goal really helped us on our way.

6 is right for Cabaye.

bet last night was a real eye opener for yohan.  never in his life in his entire career was he ever expecting to play a team which just throws the ball at you into submission,  he must have been thinking, WTF is this???? i'm i playing an entire different game now??? halloween special?,  handball/football game?  :kasper:

The Stoke forum makes brilliant reading...first they saying how shit they were, how we were controlling them and 'stoking' them. Then when they finally get a 'blatant penalty', then lose a penalty which was a 'joke' down the other end...we got lucky and they deserved everything from the game!

Fucking freaks!

Not realy the vibe I got reading there forum post-match like

6 is right for Cabaye.

Its not like.

he gets atleast a 7,  he ran himself to the ground last nite, 

6 is taking the p*ss

I'd love to know how much distance he covered. Not sure where you can find the stats though?

He had covered the most at halftime, with Guthrie second. Haven't seen full-game numbers, yet.

The Stoke forum makes brilliant reading...first they saying how s*** they were, how we were controlling them and 'stoking' them. Then when they finally get a 'blatant penalty', then lose a penalty which was a 'joke' down the other end...we got lucky and they deserved everything from the game!

f***ing freaks!

Not realy the vibe I got reading there forum post-match like

I think they we're very down to earth and one of few other teams forums where I wasn't rolling my eyes all the time.

We are still getting a lot of doubters, people saying that the oppoistion had off days and we've been lucky. That's basically what Pulis implied in his post match comments, and we've heard them before this year.

For 10 games and 22 points, is it all down to luck or the opposition not playing as well as they can ?

It is hugely disrespectful to us. The formula for our success so far has been down to two things, Pardew and the coaches knowing the opposition and working out a plan to stop them playing and the players working hard, knowing their roles and executing the plan. We've had luck on the way of course, but we've generated a lot of that luck. The second goal yesterday was desribed as lucky by the commentators, but in reality Best should have scored himself his shot was was scuffed and fell in Ba path, but we had 3 players bearing down on the goal in that move, we put ourselves in the postion to profit from any mishit or richochet.

The stoping of the opposition playing thing is always over looked, and it's getting tiresome listening to the commentators and opposition manager's bemoan their luck and question our right to be where we are.

We are still getting a lot of doubters, people saying that the oppoistion had off days and we've been lucky. That's basically what Pulis implied in his post match comments, and we've heard them before this year.

For 10 games and 22 points, is it all down to luck or the opposition not playing as well as they can ?

It is hugely disrespectful to us. The formula for our success so far has been down to two things, Pardew and the coaches knowing the opposition and working out a plan to stop them playing and the players working hard, knowing their roles and executing the plan. We've had luck on the way of course, but we've generated a lot of that luck. The second goal yesterday was desribed as lucky by the commentators, but in reality Best should have scored himself his shot was was scuffed and fell in Ba path, but we had 3 players bearing down on the goal in that move, we put ourselves in the postion to profit from any mishit or richochet.

The stoping of the opposition playing thing is always over looked, and it's getting tiresome listening to the commentators and opposition manager's bemoan their luck and question our right to be where we are.

:thup:

:thup:

This constant doubt is what keeps us under the radar.  That is a good thing! :)

Not exactly a great match but we did what we had to...good points considering that Britannia Stadium hasn't been too good venue for us. The game should have been over already at the end of the first half and Stoke have only keeper Asmir Begovic to thank to for staying in so long!

What on earth are Stoke doing? Horrible horrible style of play. It looks like a League 2 team out there and how annoying can be their tactics of using Delap's long throw ins as a weapon! If there wasn't Pennant and Ethrington Stoke's starting eleven average height must be fucking gigantic!

Compared to early season performances Ba is totally another player. For example that situation where Shawcross injured himself how fast Ba looked there when he stole the ball. Cabaye didn't really impress last night but he should have been rested in the cup match. He's been playing too much.

Really interesting to see us being tested properly at the end of the month when we visit at CoM stadium and Old Trafford and start of December when Chelsea pay us a visit. Taylor and Colo must remain their current standard of play which has been nothing short of impressive IMO.

Not exactly a great match but we did what we had to...good points considering that Britannia Stadium hasn't been too good venue for us. The game should have been over already at the end of the first half and Stoke have only keeper Asmir Begovic to thank to for staying in so long!

What on earth are Stoke doing? Horrible horrible style of play. It looks like a League 2 team out there and how annoying can be their tactics of using Delap's long throw ins as a weapon! If there wasn't Pennant and Ethrington Stoke's starting eleven average height must be fucking gigantic!

Compared to early season performances Ba is totally another player. For example that situation where Shawcross injured himself how fast Ba looked there when he stole the ball. Cabaye didn't really impress last night but he should have been rested in the cup match. He's been playing too much.

Really interesting to see us being tested properly at the end of the month when we visit at CoM stadium and Old Trafford and start of December when Chelsea pay us a visit. Taylor and Colo must remain their current standard of play which has been nothing short of impressive IMO.

bit harsh on League 2 teams, some play some decent stuff from the little in highlights I've seen