Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

So glad another team rolled over and let us beat them again.

I'm going to watch full 90 again.

Jonas, Best the back 4. Top quality. (Ba of course)

Huth is a horrible b******.

I wouldn't say stoke rolled over, was more us stifling their game plan.  All they had in the end was long throws, they couldnt actually play football.

Still buzzing today about last night, massive result :)

On cloud 9 when i look at that league lol totally buzzing. Don't want to get too carried away but i just can't resist winding up my makem mate's hehe the temptation is just toooo great :D Now they are hitting me with " wait till xmas and those frenchies will be found out with the cold weather " Are there any more straws for them to clutch at lmao :D

Never felt this good for year's, long may it continue :)

Krul - 7

Simpson - 7

R.Taylor - 8

Coloccini - 8

S.Taylor - 8

Obertan - 8

Jonas - 8

Guthrie - 7

Cabaye - 7

Best - 8

Ba - 9

Agree with the above maybe 7 for Obertan.

Pardew - 9 starting to look the real deal. We played very well as a team and alot of that is down to Pardew.

Haven't been Simpsons or Obertans biggest fan of late but credit where credit is due simpson put in a great shift last night and Obertan was better too, a few frustrating momemts from him again but great cross for the opener and used that incredible speed of his a little more effectively.  Hope they keep it up.

Same side v Everton depending on tiote fitness. Guthrie looking a very useful squad member to fill in for Tiote.

We can beat Everton at home, then hopefull of 3 points from the three games after that (manu man c chelski), 4 would be great, anything against the two Manchesters are bonus points really. Very hopeful of something from Chelski at home in particular as they are looking a little disjointed at the moment whilst we are on top form and we have a good record against them of late.

Guest icemanblue

I said I was delighted that Spurs got a draw at SJP as I thought we would lose and Newcastle's subsequent results have borne out what a fine result that was for Spurs.

Excellent result last night.

:thup:

Loved watching yesterday's match and how we played such brilliant pressure defence (esp. in the first half) with everyone looking to close down the man with the ball, picking up runners and never giving the opposition time with the ball.