Stoke City 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 31/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 52

Dave

Why is Pulis claiming Best is offside from the goalkick leading up to the first goal, surely a professional manager should know that you cant be offside from a goalkick

was it a goal kick or a clearance? are you sure about the goalkick?

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=177862

:kasper:

Seems even their own fans are on our side regarding the towels last night and are sick to death of their own 'special' brand of football.

I think we could have well and truly knocked the stuffing out of them, they seem to think we've just showed the rest of the league how to go there and do the business.

Last nights game has laid down a nigh on perfect blueprint for all visiting teams coming to the Brit. Very worrying

If you double up (or triple in some cases) on our wingers that's it. Are fullbacks aren't really fullbacks so no need to worry about them overlapping and our central midfielders don't really cross the halfway line.

Game over.

They're concerned.

Reading The Sun's match report.

This well-deserved win, with Argy duo Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez outstanding, not only keeps Newcastle's unbeaten run going it has also lifted them into third place.

O0

Not a "gotcha" in sight, the Sun must be improving post Rebecca.

Seriously, on a night when we had eleven heroes on the park anyone who couldn't see the immense value of Jonas' contribution needs to give their heed a shake.

Last nights game has laid down a nigh on perfect blueprint for all visiting teams coming to the Brit. Very worrying

If you double up (or triple in some cases) on our wingers that's it. Are fullbacks aren't really fullbacks so no need to worry about them overlapping and our central midfielders don't really cross the halfway line.

Game over.

They're concerned.

Reality hits you hard bro !

Find it really weird when people call us 'castle'... very strange.

I really want a youtube compilation of our towel usage though, might try it myself if I can be bothered.

Stokies call us Castle due to Newcastle Under Lyme being one of the 5 towns that make up the potteries. They call Newcastle Under Lyme "Castle" so automatically call us Castle as well.

Guest ToonUltra

The Stoke forum makes brilliant reading...first they saying how shit they were, how we were controlling them and 'stoking' them. Then when they finally get a 'blatant penalty', then lose a penalty which was a 'joke' down the other end...we got lucky and they deserved everything from the game!

Fucking freaks!

Guest firetotheworks

I'm a bit late with it, but:

Krul: 8

Simpson: 8

Taylor: 8

Coloccini: 8

Taylor: 8

Obertan: 7

Cabaye: 6

Guthrie: 7

Jonas: 9