O'Neill back for Milner in Jan

merlin

I think that Milner will go to Villa for whatever fee was agreed before and we will bring in SWP to replace him.

Luque will go to Barcelona in some sort of exchange deal for Gudjohnson (not sure of spelling)

Those 2 deals will cost us no more than 5mill.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Distin arrive for another 5mill.

Maybe we could sell Ramage to Gateshead for £3.50 to offset the outlay

I think that Milner will go to Villa for whatever fee was agreed before and we will bring in SWP to replace him.

Luque will go to Barcelona in some sort of exchange deal for Gudjohnson (not sure of spelling)

Those 2 deals will cost us no more than 5mill.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Distin arrive for another 5mill.

Maybe we could sell Ramage to Gateshead for £3.50 to offset the outlay

About luque

i think,just think,that we are real madrids good friends :D

so we don't sell players to barca,only if they are titus bramble's ..

It wouldn't surprise me, to see Milner leave for Aston Villa, he was messed about by us on deadline day, and in my opinion, if our squad were all well & fit, Roeder would not consider him to be in his strongest 11. There is no doubt that he is a fantastic prospect, who has been one of our better players this season, and I would hope that we keep him. but if we decide to sell him, its got to be for a profit on what we paid for him, he's only young and has his best years ahead of him. If he does leave, we should hijack Fulham's bid for Clint Dempsey, a ready made replacement, who's quick, strong & skilful, also keen to prove himself in Europe and young. And would only cost about 1.5 million, leaving us with the rest of the Milner fee, to buy some (much needed) defenders!

I really don't rate Milner, but i'd rather keep him for the sake of the squad. An average player is better than no one for the time being. Sell him in the summer, unless we've a replacement lined up in January.

o'neill - what a wanker. he'll now spend the next month or so unsettling our young player, and freddy has made that sooo easy to do.

i'm affraid he is off - and what a shame.

the only acceptable reason to let him go, is if we can strike a reasonable deal for swp instead

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Milner for his age is a good player, I think he's come on a lot. Should be a definate keeper, if he stays here for most of his career he'll give more than value for money.

We have a small as squad as it is without losing one of our best prospects. Whats the point having a football club if your going to sell your better players?

The only way i would sell him is if was an offer that we could resist like 5m plus Barry or 10m straight.

we were gona sell him for 4 mill cos we needed money quick to get viduka and neil/knight i think, we must up our price in jan.

However, if geln wants him to stay and milner says he wants to say then we should give him a new deal and make it very public. Last thing we need is will he/wont he all jan. We need to spend the time bringing players in, not mincing around with villa

we were gona sell him for 4 mill cos we needed money quick to get viduka and neil/knight i think, we must up our price in jan.

However, if geln wants him to stay and milner says he wants to say then we should give him a new deal and make it very public. Last thing we need is will he/wont he all jan. We need to spend the time bringing players in, not mincing around with villa

Yep,that makes good sense,couldn't agree more.Something along the lines of what Chelsea/Wayne Bridge did last week.We really would be cutting off our noses to spite our face if we sell Milner.He won't be able to be bought for 10 mill in 2 or 3 years time as he matures-he ain't the finished article yet guys.

Guest TampaToon

milner is playing a major role in our season at this point, he can't be too unhappy about his playing time, especially if we're still in all 4 competitions come january.....i know FFS and souness haven't been great to him, but he can't hold that against his teammates or his current manager.

aside from that, what are his motivations to move?

playing time - getting plenty, especially with the injuries and cup successes

team status - while villa may be on the rise, they can't give him europe this year; he should at least see out the season before jumping ship if that's his reasoning

money - he plays for us, so i imagine he gets paid more than he's worth

fans - they love him at villa park, the consensus seems to be that he's loved at SJP, too

manager - playing for MON is certainly appealing, but his connection was with o' leary so he's not rekindling an old flame or anything

and why on earth would we sell? our squad is paper-thin, we probably can't buy more talented bodies with the money we get from villa, and he's a young guy who will probably be worth 50% more in the summer or january '08 after building up his resume providing service to an upgraded attack (including, from the sound of the rumors, forwards taller than your typical 14-year-old) after the jan window. he's also exactly what roeder is trying to acquire in the transfer market - young, premiership-tested talent. he's also able to play all over the pitch, he's 3 options in 1 coming off the bench which is huge considering we lose 1-2 players every time we take the field.

villa can make as much noise as they want, but newcastle has to agree to sell, and i can't see an angle from which that decision makes sense