St James' Park

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

The NR takeover would negate any sponsorship deal I would have thought so we could be running out with either no sponsor on our shirts or another Sports Direct freebie to "showcase" it to potential sponsors for the next few games!

Northern Rock is a two part company and Virgin Money are only buying half. Theres a good chance we will continue to have NR on our shirts til May unless they chose to sever it early surely?

No chance, we are sponsored by the bit thats been bought by Virgin Money.

Well then lets hope the PL veto any plans to change the shirts(or at least allow us to wear 'blank' ones)

Guest Roger Kint

Looks like we could have Virgin Money on our shirts soon. Branson's just bought out NR for 747mill!

Which ties in with me being told NR won't be on our shirts come January 1st.

Where did it say Jan 1st? Its end of the season isnt it

I was told Jan 1st

Same source that told you Ranger was on £33k a week or someone vaguley beleivable?

The bottom line is that until the end of the season we are sponsored by Northern Rock who on January 1st will become Virgin Money, we are still sponsored by them, we will be sponsored by Virgin Money until the end of the season.

Guest Roger Kint

The bottom line is that until the end of the season we are sponsored by Northern Rock who on January 1st will become Virgin Money, we are still sponsored by them, we will be sponsored by Virgin Money until the end of the season.

Didnt Palace have that vile Virgin sign on their shirts years ago?

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/PARDEW_Alan_19910323_SF_L.jpg

:pardsgrin:  'Me, a Virgin?'

:yao:

I don't know, maybe. In all honesty it doesn't really matter, fans are unlikely able to buy that shirt and not many would choose to seeing as a new one will just be around the corner and we will only see it on our players for a few months.

Looks like we could have Virgin Money on our shirts soon. Branson's just bought out NR for 747mill!

I was told Jan 1st

Same source that told you Ranger was on £33k a week or someone vaguley beleivable?

Nope, different source who is vaguely beleivable.

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/PARDEW_Alan_19910323_SF_L.jpg

:pardsgrin:  'Me, a Virgin?'

:yao:

;D Didnt even think that Pardew would have been there at the time

Guest icemanblue

I was told Jan 1st

Nope, different source who is vaguely beleivable.

http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/files/blog%20stuff%20037_2.jpg

'Right, lads, what bollocks have you got for me today?'

Guest Roger Kint

Think I saw Jan 1st on a newspaper article somewhere

Was that not the Llambias quote saying Puma will need to know by January to start designing strips for next seaon? Sure i read that last week.

Think I saw Jan 1st on a newspaper article somewhere

Was that not the Llambias quote saying Puma will need to know by January to start designing strips for next seaon? Sure i read that last week.

Aye. The NR deal runs out at the end of the season.

Yeah, that was it.

Just posed the question of our shirt sponsorship to a mate who works for NR and she reckons' that VM are looking to start the rebranding ASAP with the likelihood of the shirts being changed from Jan 1st... Nothing official I may add... Just the general feeling within NR...

Just posed the question of our shirt sponsorship to a mate who works for NR and she reckons' that VM are looking to start the rebranding ASAP with the likelihood of the shirts being changed from Jan 1st... Nothing official I may add... Just the general feeling within NR...

Been some discussion about whether or not the Premier League allow this, but looking at West Ham when their sponsor XL went under, they eventually replaced it with SBOBET for the rest of the season.

Will be interesting keeping an eye out at the ground as there is quite a significant amount of NR branding about which is where they will start first I guess... That and the post match interview backdrop... Might get a good indication about the strips from there...