St James' Park

Dave

Virgin Money isn't it?

No one knows yet what Northern Rock will be called, Virgin Money is the favourite name, Virgin Bank is another though Branson has said he's not keen on bank being in the name. He has said he likes the idea of Virgin rocks/Virgin rock though. The name will be announced on the 8th of January.

We will end up with Sports Direct logo's on our shirts "just until we sell the naming rights"

When we do I wonder how many will actually go and buy it.

Probably still a few but the hit in shirt sales will be nowt compared to exposure it gives the brand. Whether they'd sacrifice the money though I'm not so sure.

We will end up with Sports Direct logo's on our shirts "just until we sell the naming rights"

Probably still a few but the hit in shirt sales will be nowt compared to exposure it gives the brand. Whether they'd sacrifice the money though I'm not so sure.

Apparently shirt sales give them 'next to nothing'. Whether that is tactical positioning knowing what they are about to do i dont know.

Depends on how it'll look like. If it's as cheap looking as the whole stadium branding, probably no one...

Guest Haris Vuckic

I couldn't see any online!

They do some canny things in the club shop so rather than resign to a gift voucher it may be worth mooching about to see what you can find for a couple of minutes,

A few of the retro tops are canny etc etc or lower budget they have some decent dvd's.

The club shop is full of shite man. :lol:

I'd be gutted if I got a voucher to spend on the tat they peddle.

Fucking hell, I thought I was incurably miserable. :lol: cheers haris.

It's for him to do what he likes with so he'll probably just put it towards a top if there's one comes out that he likes.

Guest BooBoo

It's not being miserable, have a look at the stuff they sell- it's fucking shocking. Under adidas we had some decent polo shirts but the puma stuff is horribly naff and the other t shirts and things are sports direct standard tat. Football shirts? Well each to their own but I'd feel daft wearing one unless I was actually playing football (and that's been a while!). Even the DVDs look like the sort of knock off copy you'd see at a car boot sale.

The only thing I've bought in the club shop in the last five years was a fridge magnet. It's over priced rubbish on the whole. You'd be better off buying your pal one of the TOFFS shirts.

Virgin Money should buy the stadium naming rights and rename it St James' Park. Think of all the people who would switch banks.

Seems some of you called it.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120104/virgin-money-to-become-new-shirt-sponsor_2281670_2566271

The Virgin Money logo will be used on team shirts for the remainder of the 2011-12 season under the current sponsorship arrangements.

I think that snippet answers the NR deal questions.

Edit: Just put it here as it looks like it's not the stadium sponsorship.

That cover up looks like shit. :lol: