St James' Park

Dave

it has over here (northern ireland )in DW sports..

Oh well, I guess you have answered your own question then. I doubt though that it will have a Virgin Money update on it though, pretty sure it will be a last minute thing the club does.

ok thanks for you help

I guess theirs a slim chance that the sports direct stores might do it, however if they did I would imagine only the ones in the Newcastle area would do it as their isn't really much demand for Newcastle shirts elsewhere and their would be less to virtually no demand for a Virgin Money sticker.

ok thanks for you help

I guess theirs a slim chance that the sports direct stores might do it, however if they did I would imagine only the ones in the Newcastle area would do it as their isn't really much demand for Newcastle shirts elsewhere and their would be less to virtually no demand for a Virgin Money sticker.

Good demand for Toon shirts all over the shop - don't under estimate our fan base

Guest johnson293

Found this on another forum, from an email sent from the club...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CHANGE OF SPONSORSHIP

Further to the announcement that Virgin Money are the new shirt sponsors of Newcastle United, the club are pleased to confirm that shirts, with the new logo applied, will be on sale in all club stores and available online from today.

There will be a limited amount of shirts available in club stores over the coming days and supporters are also able to pre-order the shirts online by clicking here. Stock will be arriving daily to ensure we can meet demand.

Supporters who have the current 2011/12 shirts will be eligible to obtain a new logo free of charge, subject to availability. We expect demand for the change logo to be high and will endeavour to minimise the disruption caused to our supporters.

Due to the quick time frame surrounding the sponsorship agreement we only have a limited amount of logos in stock, however we will be receiving deliveries daily to allow us to meet demand. Please check our Facebook and Twitter pages for regular updates regarding this matter.

Until Monday 9th January, the only store that will be printing the new logos on to pre-purchased shirts is the Sports Direct Arena. From Monday, the service will also be available from our Eldon Square and Metrocentre stores.

All customers who have purchased the 2011/12 shirt online will also be eligible to obtain a new logo free of charge.

To request a logo to be sent out via post, please email [email protected] with your full name, order number and address.

The logo can also be printed on to your shirt by returning this to PO Box 426, Gateshead, NE11 0BN, with your full name, address, order number and a cheque for £5.50 to cover return P&P (UK mainland only). Postage prices outside of the UK can be found by clicking here. If you would like to pay the postage by debit or credit card then please provide a daytime telephone number so one of our team can call you to arrange payment.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

On looking at the club store on the website, new shirts ordered will only have a patch applied to them - not the new logo printed into the material.

EDIT: Just got same email myself.

I like this bit:

THE NEWCASTLE UNITED VIRGIN MONEY AWAY SHIRT HAS AN APPLIED TO APPLY TO THE SHIRT.PATCH OVER THE ORIGINAL SPONSORS LOGO E THE LONGEVITY OF THE APPLICATION.

That is copied/pasted from the official website - time to find a proofreader/spellchecker. They got it right with the home shirt:

THE NEWCASTLE UNITED VIRGIN MONEY HOME SHIRT HAS AN APPLIED PATCH OVER THE ORIGINAL SPONSORS LOGO AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE LONGEVITY OF THE APPLICATION.

Can't believe anyone would want this crappy iron on applied to their 40 pound replica top, that's just gonna fall off in a month or two.

The away and third shirts look s*** with the new logos.

Good God aye, just looked on the official site.

Guest Jungle Barry

I don't know why we're even bothering. If dekka's claim about making bot all off shirt sales is to be believed then what's the point?

Guest johnson293

I suppose the way the club are looking at it, we only have 4 month letf of the season with this kit, and we'll no doubt get another new one in the summer, which will have the proper logo on it - so people (existing and new buyers) will just have to make do with a patch (if wanted) until next season.

Are they going to be ironed on properly for the players or is it going to be a patch for the rest of the season?

They'll be properly made.

All it takes is for Puma to put on the new logo instead of the old one (in the same way, too. Nice raised foam shit).

I prefer it the way it already was with the stripes in the fabric, the sponsor should be like that as well instead of the foam shit or the current plastic shit.

Guest Rob 1988

Newcastle United fans wait hours for shirt logos

NEWCASTLE United supporters faced long queues yesterday as Virgin Money patches were made available to update their replica shirts.

Fans were forced to queue for more than four hours after a morning delivery of the stick-on patches was delayed until around 1pm yesterday.

Virgin Money was unveiled as Newcastle United’s new shirt sponsor on Wednesday, leaving supporters clamouring to pick up the latest merchandise.

On Thursday the club announced a limited number of patches bearing the Virgin Money logo would be handed out, free of charge, to allow fans to update their existing Northern Rock shirts.

Hundreds of fans arrived at the club’s St James’ Park shop from 9am yesterday - only to be told the logos’ delivery was running late.

Fans were still queuing by 1pm – while many others were turned away as it was revealed the consignment only contained 200 patches after all.

Jon Connolly, 39, a lifelong supporter from Sunderland, said: “There was a distinct lack of communication. It’s good that they’re doing it for free but they could have told us more about what was going on.”

Father-of-two Simon Rigg, 28, from Newbiggin Hall, Newcastle, said: “They said it was coming from Team Valley, and then somewhere else. No one seemed to have a clue.”

A spokesman for Newcastle United said new shirts with the Virgin Money logo will be stocked from the middle of next week. In the meantime, fans are asked to check the club’s website, www.nufc.co.uk, for updates.

The spokesman said: “The new Virgin Money logo was not signed off until after business hours by the Premier League on Wednesday night, which meant that we could not start mass production until Thursday morning.

“Due to the sheer size of the task in hand, it was inevitable that there was a short period of time needed to produce the amount of transfers required to cater for the number of fans that require a new logo and as such we were sorry for the delay on Friday morning.

“We were pleased, however, that we were able to provide the patches free of charge yesterday but envisage it taking at least a week before we can be confident of supplying every request.

“We therefore ask the fans to bear with us until this point in time.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2012/01/07/newcastle-united-fans-wait-hours-for-shirt-logos-61634-30075035/#ixzz1inrcM2zX

Guest VaVaVoom

Dunno if the quality is different between what the players wear and what we get but i think it looks pretty fuckin good on TV.

I like the logo...kinda makes me think of Juve. A european shirt.