E-Petition - Renaming Stadium?

macphisto

No.  Because they're not advertising to the fans - it's just a case of "get name on telly, sell goods to proles who recognise it."  They do not and will not care.

They do care and that's why the Singing Section is no longer.

Seriously deluded if you think everyone will still call it St James'. In Newcastle yes but that's it.

Going off some of the mong-brigade on TV/radio today, I wouldn't say all of Newcastle will still call it St James'.

The re-naming of a football stadium isn't the sort of issue that the government should be getting involved in. They should have other things to think about.

Like what? the next country we can nick natural resources from, or the next oligarch that needs a brown envelope.

a government should serve it's people - that is the point of the 100,000 signature petition initiative.

Guest Heneage

I guarantee this will work. I know loads of them in the past haven't, but I'm convinced this list of people's names and addresses on the internet will convince him.

Not to sound 'apathetic' but when has one of these petitions ever worked? ???

If it got read out in the house of commons what would that achieve? It's all over the news Newcastle fans aren't happy already and it's not going to change a thing.

As others have said, the only way he will take notice is if we hit him in the pocket and boycotted which isn't going to happen on a large enough scale either.

Again it's 'apathetic' but it's basically tough shit he can do what he wants and as with 'fucking off the fans' volumes 1-4,976 there will be a bit of bluster then nothing will happen.

How many times are we going to go through this routine and still learn nothing will change?  I know someone will probably answer with something along the lines of "so we are supposed to do nothing/let him get away with it?" but he already knows the reaction and nothing will be done.

Sorry.

Sorry I should have clarified football and possibly clarified further with Newcastle United. I left it a bit vague with 'one of these..'. Just don't think I have ever seen a football petition change much apart from possibly things that fans of other clubs will pay particular interest in and I don't think the majority of fans from other clubs will give a fuck about us and the Sports Direct Arena.

The legislation has been changed now. If you get so many responses, parliament has to discuss it if it has viable legislation.

I don't think this one would work. A good petition should be created with the advice and endorsement of local MPs and I think the only thing that could be achieved that causes any effect on Mike Ashley is to force him to talk on live tv to one of the select commitees.

Seriously deluded if you think everyone will still call it St James'. In Newcastle yes but that's it.

Newcastle Brown Ale South Stand

Newcastle Exhibition South Stand

Sir John Hall Stand

Does anyone or did anyone ever call the Gallowgate End or the Leazes End by those names?

Only club officials as far as i can remember.

Sorry I should have clarified football and possibly clarified further with Newcastle United. I left it a bit vague with 'one of these..'. Just don't think I have ever seen a football petition change much apart from possibly things that fans of other clubs will pay particular interest in and I don't think the majority of fans from other clubs will give a f*** about us and the Sports Direct Arena.

I'd beg to differ, aside from fans who dislike us as a club a lot of other clubs will be bothered about this. We're the ones setting a precedent for the commercialization of English football clubs and many alike wont want to follow suit.