Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

I don't get the negative comments I read about Obertan, sure he was a bit rusty yesterday but his pace really worries teams and he was looking good before this match. He'll be ideal playing against a nevery Chelsea defence which plays a high line.

The likes of Obertan, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye can really capitalise on Chelsea's defence in this match imo. David Luiz is all over the place as a defender at the moment and it does nothing to help John Terry.

Guest lebowski

I concur, for what its worth.Keen to see Ba, Best and HBA start,I'm still not convinced aboutSammy yet, he does a job but doesn't offer much of a threat. Any news on Tiote? Thought we missed him the last 2 weeks.

Sorry i forgot about obertan.

Krul

Simpson  Saylor        Coloccini  Santon

Guthrie      Tiote

Cabaye

Obertan                  HBA

BA

Would definitely start with Obertan and HBA out wide. There's a lot of joy to be had from width in midfield against a naturally very narrow Chelsea side.

Sammy would be a fantastic impact sub too (when Ivanovic/Bosingwa/Cole) begin to tire.

Hmmmmm, Jonas is a massive miss considering where Sturridge plays, don't think we've really got a way to protect the left side so he might just have to go for it.

Krul

Simpson.  Taylor.  Colo.    Raylor

Obertan.  Guthrie.  Cabaye.  HBA

Best.      Ba

Hope Santon and Tiote come back in. I'm all for HBA on the left and Best up top as well. We should get at Ruiz for certain. Get some crosses in at these lot and we've a good chance of putting a couple away.

I thought he played for Fulham?

Why do people keep putting Ben Arfa on the wing? He's not gonna play there. And I'm happy about that, I want him playing as a proper No 10 especially as he's looking brighter and brighter.

I started to set out my team with the intention of putting him up front but realistically who on earth is gonna play on the left? Sammy wont provide enough cover, may as well just go for it with HBA.

Why do people keep putting Ben Arfa on the wing? He's not gonna play there. And I'm happy about that, I want him playing as a proper No 10 especially as he's looking brighter and brighter.

I started to set out my team with the intention of putting him up front but realistically who on earth is gonna play on the left? Sammy wont provide enough cover, may as well just go for it with HBA.

I get your point that there aren't many options, but he's stated that Barfa's been brought to play in the hole. Sammy played at Eastlands of all places, and I don't think its at all mad to think he will start against a Chelsea team who's defence has been really average.

I agree for this match, also think it could work in our favour because I think two strikers against their centre-backs, and HBA running at whoever they play at right-back could cause them problems.

Sammy's nowhere near ready.

He was fine against City. If Obertan can play, so can Sammy.

Obertan's better in just about every department.

Its right to bring Sammy on for 20 minutes here and there but he is not ready at all. Looks promising though but needs more discipline and to do the simple things well, He got caught in possession by trying to run with ball  when there was no space down the right yesterday from our half Evra took the ball, needs to learn when to run and when to pass it.

I'd start with resting Krul and giving Elliot a chance to prove his last performance was a one off...

Would i fuck.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Obertan  Tiote  Cabaye  Sammy

Ba  Ben Arfa